Netflix is raising its price again

lovecatt

Netflix is raising prices across all of its plans in the US today. The company’s standard plan will rise to $15.50 per month from $14, while the 4K plan will rise to $20 per month from $18. The basic plan, which doesn’t include HD, is also rising to $10 per month from $9. Prices are rising in Canada as well.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/14/22884263/netflix-price-increases-2021-us-canada-all-plans-hd-4k

They had just recently raised the price in October as well

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rihannabiggestfan

• feuxtography

• JBJT2786

• karron0624

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even 15 months since the last price increase :rip:

Netflix Inc has raised its monthly subscription price by $1 to $2 per month in the United States depending on the plan, the company said on Friday, to help pay for new programming to compete in the crowded streaming TV market.

The standard plan, which allows for two simultaneous streams, now costs $15.49 per month, up from $13.99, in the United States.

Prices also went up in Canada, where the standard plan climbed to C$16.49 from C$14.99

On the one hand, we're still in a pandemic and one of the biggest forms of entertainment raising it prices to an extra 24 bucks a year per person isn't helpful. On ther hand Netflix spent 17 billion on new content last year so the money has to come from somewhere.

Cancelled my subscription to Netflix in like 2020 and I'm glad I did it after hearing about these price increases

Edited by boys

They better release the next season of Stranger Things soon to justify this increase! :oxygen2:

They don't even commit to a lot of their original content anymore, they should be held accountable for where they spend all their money if they aren't already :skull: 

Customers shouldn't be responsible for their reckless spending.

First they cancel their best show (Julie and the phantoms) and now they raise the price?  It’s time for me to cancel :biblio: 

Honestly I can’t tell you the last time I was waiting for a new season of a Netflix show, probably time to cancel

I love how they have the absolute gall to raise their prices when it takes for ******* ever for a new season of their shows to come out. 

Let’s not even get into the fact how they cancel shows at the drop of a hat. 

They are getting less and less third party stuff as other companies build their own infrastructures for streaming and yet continue to raise the price… their originals are good but none of them are worth subscribing full time for at this point. They are going to start seeing more customers that subscribe once every few months, binge what’s new, and cancel again.

Pretty soon every subscriber is going to be rotating these services all year round. Theres no point to maintain your subscription to anything when there’s no schedule like live tv. Just subscribe to one for a few months and watch what you like, unsubscribe and switch to another and repeat in a cycle. Otherwise you end up subscribed to 4 or 5 services and paying $100+ dollars and at that point we’re back to cable prices 

It's still cheaper than 2 movie tickets in US/Canada so it seems like a good deal to me. Do people expect to pay $10 per month forever when Netflix spends almost $20 billion every year in new content? 

I’m one step away from canceling.

Their content is slow as hell, all the companies are pulling content from their platform too, I’m spending more time in other streaming services lately.

The fact I remember when the highest plan was $9.99 and I hadn't gotten it for years bc I thought it was a scam. Yikes.

Glad I don't subscribe or pay attention to this anymore.

Why do they even offer a plan that doesn't include HD? Thats like offering a car with manual windows and no aux just so you can say "Starting at $x low price" when realistically there's no use case for that. 

Paramount+ & Hbo Max cleared that fad :sorry:the only reason I still have it is because my family pays for it 

Netflix is my most expensive service, yet I use it for like 10% of the stuff I watch. Maybe it's time to let it go. 

35 minutes ago, wish said:

Remember when it was like $8

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

Oh I remember.

I barely use Ms. Netflick. Some people I live with might use it, but if they don't, I'm gonna cancel ha.

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

I think we all need to collectively cancel  Netflix  at this point because it’s the only way they’ll stop doing this.