Why are these albums better than COADF/Aphrodite?

madonnas

• ATRL Moderator

Gays - these albums are so so good!  We all know Stuart Price produced good albums for M / K but getting into PSB's discography I was surprised to learn they did multiple albums with Stuart Price, and I have to say they're infinitely better than the two pop queens offerings. 

So, take a listen if you like dancefloor bops and good pop :gaycat2: Also if you have heard do you agree they're better?

Firstly filler-ridden Aphrodite is not on the same level as holy COADF, and secondly BETTER than Madonna's opus? Let's see. :foxaylove2:

8 minutes ago, Tropical said:

Firstly filler-ridden Aphrodite is not on the same level as holy COADF, and secondly BETTER than Madonna's opus? Let's see. :foxaylove2:

The Divine Closer slays every song on that noxious dumpster fire.

cause pet shop boys are electro pop legends and should be talked about by electro pop fans yet they ignore them for some reason 

Oh wow I haven't listen to Super in forever, loved the song that sounded like a haunted carousel ride. Haven't listened to Electric or even Aphrodite tho, but I'm inclined to agree that Super is better than COADF which is still good but kinda overrated :jamming:

Because Pet Shop Boys are (alongside Depeche Mode, New Order and Kraftwerk) the kings of synthpop/electropop :jonny5:

vocal is the best song ever recorded, we been knew 

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Oh wow I haven't listen to Super in forever, loved the song that sounded like a haunted carousel ride. Haven't listened to Electric or even Aphrodite tho, but I'm inclined to agree that Super is better than COADF which is still good but kinda overrated :jamming:

Electric is even BETTER than Super :duca: 

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, BGXKB said:

The Divine Closer slays every song on that noxious dumpster fire.

Do you mean closer as in last track CBTF, cause maybe that could be true, but the song titled "closer"? No way lol.  COADF is frontloaded but eh, both COADF/Aph are the artists kinda being on autopilot overall with some great standouts.

I never understood the love for COADF, outside of Hung Up. :michael:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, BeyoncéFlicks said:

I never understood the love for COADF, outside of Hung Up. :michael:

I would say Get Together / Future Lovers are better than HU, but it was the proper lead choice.  But then Jump/Push/Isaac/Like it or Not type of songs, they're good but when you're in the best discography of all time they come off plain.

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Hannah Hunt said:

vocal is the best song ever recorded, we been knew 

I think this might also be my favorite song of theirs, before I dove deep it was Domino Dancing or WHIDTDT but idk, this just hits that sweet spot of being so on the nose lyrics that they just work!  

9 hours ago, Tropical said:

COADF is 1/4th trash, though. 

Edited by suburbannature

PSB is musician artist, therefore full invested in production along with stuart, both top notch piece of arts outperformed 80-90-00 albums but persoanlly hotspot is better than these two.

oh boy, havent heard neil voice since few weeks after monkey business MV out, i could rank their albums right now ngl lol

anyways, please check their god crafted synthpop masterpiece discography from pet shop boys, you will find the meaning of life, no kidding.

OT: i cant remember COADF sound, stuart actually made static beat album all sound the same. Aphrodite >> 

Oh I have been meaning to check them out. 

• ATRL Moderator
14 hours ago, Polgg48 said:

PSB is musician artist, therefore full invested in production along with stuart, both top notch piece of arts outperformed 80-90-00 albums but persoanlly hotspot is better than these two.

oh boy, havent heard neil voice since few weeks after monkey business MV out, i could rank their albums right now ngl lol

anyways, please check their god crafted synthpop masterpiece discography from pet shop boys, you will find the meaning of life, no kidding.

OT: i cant remember COADF sound, stuart actually made static beat album all sound the same. Aphrodite >> 

I'm getting into their discog (though before I Only really knew their 80s stuff).  I'd rank it this way:

Spoiler
  1. Introspective
  2. Electric
  3. Actually
  4. Very
  5. Please
  6. Super
  7. Bilingual
  8. Hotspot
  9. Nightlife
  10. Behavior
  11. Yes

Have yet to listen to their other projects, besides Alternative but thats a 30 track b-sides collection so I'm not gonna include it in the ranking

6 minutes ago, madonnas said:

I'm getting into their discog (though before I Only really knew their 80s stuff).  I'd rank it this way:

superb spectacular taste, top3 is perfect album contents, impeccable fillerless. my things probably bias in some sort of way not too deep serious

Spoiler

1:  Bilingual

2.  Elysium

3.  Nightlife

4.  Behaviour

5.  Very

6.  Introspective

7.   Hotspot

8.  Actually

9.  Super

10. Electric

11. Yes