Most streamed female artists yesterday. Why ?

Ribs

Most streamed female artists on Spotify yesterday: 

#1 Taylor Swift 30.3M

#2 Taylor Swift without her last album 23.3M

#3 Taylor Swift without her last 2 albums 20.5M

#4 Taylor Swift without her last 3 albums 17.4M

#5 Taylor Swift if we DELETE her first 7 ALBUMS 16.85

#6 Doja Cat 16.6M 

#7 Adele 16.4 M

#8 Taylor Swift with only 3 albums 14.91M

#9 Dua Lipa 14.9M

#10 Ariana Grande 14.9M

Why ? 

4 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Most streamed female artists on Spotify yesterday: 

#1 Taylor Swift 30.3M

#2 Taylor Swift without her last album 23.3M

#3 Taylor Swift without her last 2 albums 20.5M

#4 Taylor Swift without her last 3 albums 17.4M

#5 Taylor Swift if we DELETE her first 7 ALBUMS 16.85

#6 Doja Cat 16.6M 

#7 Adele 16.4 M

#8 Taylor Swift with only 3 albums 14.91M

#9 Dua Lipa 14.9M

#10 Ariana Grande 14.9M

Why ? 

Well, you answered yourself, Taylor has seven albums more than second place, and she keeps rereleasing them, thus increasing the attention to her entire catalog.

1 minute ago, Alexz said:

Taylor has seven albums more than second place, and she keeps rereleasing them, thus increasing the attention to her entire catalog.

No I deleted 7 albums from her catalog. She has just 1 more album than the second place, which is a 10 year old album that is re-released. Read again. 

That was very unnecessary (and it’s giving insecure / trying to prove and demonstrate)

4 minutes ago, Ribs said:

No I deleted 7 albums from her catalog. She has just 1 more album than the second place, which is a 10 year old album that is re-released. Read again. 

Doesn’t change the fact that she’s already released 4 albums in the 2020s whereas everybody else has only released 1, or zero.

And the re-releases of her past albums boost her entire catalog - not to mention they include a bunch of unreleased/new songs.

1 minute ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Doesn’t change the fact that she’s already released 4 albums in the 2020s whereas everybody else has only released 1

The OP literally demonstrates how you can take out her recent outputs and she would still be #1, so I fail to see why you felt the need to mention it. 

Truth is for ANY other artists, we would consider re-recordings of old music as nothing more than side projects. But since it's Taylor and she's actually extremely successful while doing it, we act as if it's worth the same thing as brand new studio albums. :michael:

taylor's discography is like 6 times bigger than Doja's and Adeles... and she has released like 100 songs in the last year and a half or so.. its no surprise

can some swifties stop doing the most omg :biblio:

like, who tf cares?

1.) She's a very successful artist.

2.) She's a very active artist.

It's a combination of the two. You moving pieces of albums here and there doesn't change that each time she releases something people will listen to her current and older music. It's high-key delusional to think otherwise. And I don't understand what's so wrong with accepting your fave releases a lot and is successful each time?

I thought it was another one of those Rihanna-Gaga threads. But this is even more pointless :deadbanana4:

Why are y’all like this :dies:

She has a lot of albums, a lot of people stream those albums :thing:

She’s like the second most popular female artist atm & she’s released so much new music. 

31 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

The OP literally demonstrates how you can take out her recent outputs and she would still be #1, so I fail to see why you felt the need to mention it. 

The way I deleted 7 albums and people still push the 11001 albums!1! narrative  :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, Ribs said:

The way you all completely missed the point   :deadbanana4:

You can't miss what's not there bby.

33 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Truth is for ANY other artists, we would consider re-recordings of old music as nothing more than side projects. But since it's Taylor and she's actually extremely successful while doing it, we act as if it's worth the same thing as brand new studio albums. :michael:

I don't see her re-recordings as new albums just as late deluxe editions with bonus tracks.

I guess... she really is the music industry. what a powerhouse.

9 minutes ago, Ribs said:

The way you all completely missed the point   :deadbanana4:

Yes. Everyone is wrong other than you. That must be it.

Just now, Tylerbv said:

Yes. Everyone is wrong other than you. That must be it.

Unbiased people would see the facts and numbers and propose another logic than more albums111!. Especially when I pointed out what happens when you delete majority of her catalog. ATRL members on the other hand ... :toofunny3:

Ok GIF - Wackaflocka - Discover & Share GIFs

OT: Doja, Dua, Adele, and Ariana :clap3:congrats to these ladies!

Who are the other top-streamed ladies? (if you didn't include Taylor without x amount of albums)