• bestfiction

• Fastlane

Top Posters In This Topic

DISCO by Kylie...

I need X and Aphrodite kylie back.

1 minute ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

DISCO by Kylie

:biblio: the retro vibe doesn't mean it sounds low budget

ot: stan her but half of Lana's Lust for Life sounds like this :skull: even on better songs like 13 Beaches, the production sounds so cheap

1 minute ago, scenekiller said:

:biblio: the retro vibe doesn't mean it sounds low budget

ot: stan her but half of Lana's Lust for Life sounds like this :skull: even on better songs like 13 Beaches, the production sounds so cheap

The mastering of that album :biblio:

But then I read the second half your post and now I get your taste honey. 13 Beaches has amazing production.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

Little Mix's discography as a whole sounds really tinny and cheap, to the detriment of the songs. If they had American (or Swedish) producers the songs would have popped in a whole new way.

I'm probably in the minority for this but Fine Line's production has always sounded off to me. I think if it were a bit punchier I'd like the album way more. As it stands I love the songs but the production really puts me off of them.

High Road :skull: Full of rainbow leftovers, infested with rats courtesy of Wrabel's co-writing and mastered poorly

Honestly I’m not really familiar with mixing and production and all that technical stuff, but Like a Prayer by Madonna. And don’t drag me because I stan Madonna and it’s my 2nd favorite of hers but sometimes it sounds so dull… it hasn’t been remastered since it’s release, the bass is so quiet, it has that late 80s dull sound that a lot of albums had when they started transitioning from analog to digital. At the end of the title track you could hear the drums from Express Yourself and idk why that always drove me crazy :rip: The bass from “Spanish Eyes” should be popping 🤩, especially since the song doesn’t have complex production but it sounds so… tiny. Like I said, this is one of my favorite albums of ALL time so I’m not dragging the album, but that production…

So many UK pop albums omg. I don’t know if it’s improved in recent years, but artists like Cher Lloyd, Cheryl Cole, etc. all have discographies full of cheap sounding pop music (that I still love). 

@Yawnthoughts?

Edited by Aaron

43 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

DISCO by Kylie...

This.

Born This Way (poor mixing) and Chromatica (majority sounds like royalty free samples)

Most albums by local british acts. All Pixie Lott albums sounds like there was a brick wall separating her from the mic while she was recording the songs.:skull:

Can't Be Tamed also comes to mind. Love those songs and it was a big evolution for Miley as a songwriter at the time, but it's a shame the production sounds so cheap and dead on arrival. Rock Mafia is the worst.

Another insert artists you hate here thread.

we’re tired.

Edited by Pink Ranger

The Fame ASIB C2C And LFS

TUN

Sweetener

Solar Power

Kiss Me Once

Planet Her

Blackout

Demi

I love it but sweetener had a lot of crunchy productions esp the pharrell ones