• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissedTheTrain

• Ab1818

• Ampersand13

• keshasfillers

Would love new versions of her songs not produced by or recorded in the presence of a rapist. 

3 hours ago, Ab1818 said:

It’s not every week though. The last time she mentioned that guy was about 4 years ago. That interview just happens to get traction whenever Kesha’s situation comes up. If you actually watched the clip, this time she was asked a question about re recording her music and she gave a reason why she would do it. That’s it.

Even still, she's an established artist with a platform. She's earned the right to talk about what she wants, when she wants. If that's her experience, I'm glad she's sharing it! People are not required to tune in, pay attention, etc. so not sure of the exact issue for those individuals. Her answer was great! 

5 hours ago, bcarley said:

I actually think this is Max Martin shade, based on what she says about being asked to stay in the studio to get phrasing/pronunciation right? That's a Max trick through and through, and the specific phrasing she says here is a VERY Max-ian trademark (though, of course, she does vocally and notably hate Luke as well).

this was my first thought as well

i'll always remember the "now that i've become who i really ARE" in ariana's break free :dies: like damn is it that srs

I LOVE My Life Would Suck Without You 

sooo much and it hurts that she doesn’t love the song too 

maybe a re-recording would reinvigorate her interest in it. 
:jonny:

5 hours ago, kingkylie said:

The tea is her work with Luke is by far the best of her catalogue :toofunny2:

Not when her last album exists

Re-record Anytime from her debut album and then push it as a single! Truly a hit that got away.

She should also re-record Piece By Piece, but with amended lyrics to reflect the changes in her circumstances.

And of course, the megahits from Breakaway. 

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, bcarley said:

I actually think this is Max Martin shade, based on what she says about being asked to stay in the studio to get phrasing/pronunciation right? That's a Max trick through and through, and the specific phrasing she says here is a VERY Max-ian trademark (though, of course, she does vocally and notably hate Luke as well).

I highly doubt it, she's mentioned having to be in the studio with Luke way more than she was with Max (even if Max was a part of making the song).

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, Sharapov said:

he stays on her mind huh

8 hours ago, Fastlane said:

She does it every week. 

7 hours ago, Fastlane said:

I know that they had an unpleasant conflict, but that was 15 years ago. She is a successful TV presenter, singer, she is a respected person. Why does she have to procrastinate every week with this moment? I really don't understand. 

3 hours ago, TheFireLexus said:

The way she's obsessed with him :dies:

She was asked a question, and she answered.  The last time she mentioned him was 4 years ago, also when she was simply answering a question.  It's really not that serious.

Anyway, I would LOVE to hear some re-recorded versions of her earlier stuff, especially the songs on Thankful (her voice nowadays suits them so much better).  And I'd love some new interpretations of her past stuff, like the way she did Maybe on her show recently.

Wait, wouldn't re-recording do nothing in terms of him profiting/benefiting from her music with Dr. Luke since Dr. Luke has credits that are baked in to the composition itself (publishing, production, songwriting, that sort of stuff)? 

• ATRL Moderator
23 minutes ago, bluepostitnote said:

Wait, wouldn't re-recording do nothing in terms of him profiting/benefiting from her music with Dr. Luke since Dr. Luke has credits that are baked in to the composition itself (publishing, production, songwriting, that sort of stuff)? 

For the song she's hinting at in particular, she's pretty much just saying she'd like to re-record it and sing it the way she would've originally wanted to...she only brought him up as an example of someone who pretty much made her sing the song exactly the way he wanted her to, rather than letting her do what she wanted vocally.

she is so ungrateful

Dr Luke gave her the biggest hits of her career

4 hours ago, campelo said:

Kesha stans always reaching, a pattern 

Where? :deadbanana:

It's weird to see people in 2022 telling a woman not to share her experiences and to be quiet and just be thankful for what she was given.

OMG I would love her to drop the re-recordings :jonnycat: 

Those hits were also written and created by Luke so I don't really see the point? It'll still be his art irrespective of who decides to re-do it. 

And this doesn't feel like shade or whatever, just more like she wants to recreate some of her songs the way she wants it

12 hours ago, TheFireLexus said:

The way she's obsessed with him :dies:

Yea, she seems like the obsessed one..

19 hours ago, Sharapov said:

he stays on her mind huh

18 hours ago, Fastlane said:

She does it every week. 

17 hours ago, mylicious said:

I agree

16 hours ago, tshwark said:

Ungrateful, let the justice handle whatever happened, but SYBG is a gem.

Let's normalize misogynists being called out. It was not fifteen years ago when she last worked with him, she was forced to work with him in 2009. Also, have y'all not been keeping up with the legal case? Kelly is entitled to share her opinion and her perspective. People like you discourage others who have faced discrimination, abuse, and trauma from coming forward because you judge them when they talk about it. Newsflash, there is no allotted period of time for forgiving someone who is cruel. Luke is already a confirmed misogynist, might want to read the emails he's sent to his artists, and deserves to be held accountable. Should she just not talk about him when no one else is? Should she sit back and watch a man who made her uncomfortable continue to thrive in an already problematic business? Should she just keep her mouth shut on the topic, is that what you want her to do? Jesus, these comments are so disappointing. Women can talk about their experiences for as long as they like until change is implemented. It's 2022, can we not police what women are allowed to say...

38 minutes ago, Pedro Neves said:

I didn't know Dr. Luke has fans on atrl :rip: 

far too many and they are most located in certain fanbases :rip: