• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MadMax12

• Oktober Knight

• Selenasworld

• BrokenMachine

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MadMax12 said:

What songs do you think were forced to be hits when they were released because of hype, their name, or payola despite not being that good? I remember hearing those songs constantly 

I don't think having a hit 'because of hype or their name' counts as 'forced hit' tbh, it just shows the GP is actually interested in the content they're putting out. LWYMMD for example is not a 'forced hit', the GP was interested in what the whole song was about, same with BTW, the GP wanted more from Gaga, Roar was meant to be a hit, same with SOY, they were not forced :rip:

19 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

anything by justin bieber after 2016

This and Dynamite, Butter and abcdefu

Don't Start Now and Levitating, easily. Not bad songs by any means, just felt like they were shoved down our throat.

23 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

anything by justin bieber after 2016

How are they forced if the GP likes them :) 

Just now, Cheers said:

How are they forced if the GP likes them :) 

:) 

Levitating just had insane and unexpected longevity, Dua stopped caring for that song in May yet in November it was still in the top 10 :gaycat2:

I don't find it to be the 'most forced hit', it had a proper push and rollout like any single around 2010 would get. It's no different from what Gaga, Katy, Taylor and Ariana have done in the past.

As some already said 'forced hit' would be songs the GP doesn't want to digest yet radio or their psycho fans keep pushing it down everyone's throat like:

Butter

Permission To Dance

Life Goes On

:cm:

the tth residency record person

43 minutes ago, Selenasworld said:

Exactly :coffee:

Then how were they forced hits?  :rip:

5 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Levitating just had insane and unexpected longevity, Dua stopped caring for that song in May yet in November it was still in the top 10 :gaycat2:

I don't find it to be the 'most forced hit', it had a proper push and rollout like any single around 2010 would get. It's no different from what Gaga, Katy, Taylor and Ariana have done in the past.

As some already said 'forced hit' would be songs the GP doesn't want to digest yet radio or their psycho fans keep pushing it down everyone's throat like:

Butter

Permission To Dance

Life Goes On

:cm:

PTD and LGO were not sent to radio, it went #1 with the album release

They’re my faves but Butter & Dynamite 

The definition of how promo=success. They promoted those songs everywhere :deadbanana2:

But hey a hit is a hit :cm:

And looking at how My Universe smashed so easily with barely any promo it worked out!

47 minutes ago, lonnie said:

People just naming hit songs they dislike :deadbanana4:

Like how was Born This Way or Roar or Work forced :lmao:

This!!!!

Like it's funny sometimes but doing it on daily basis kinda makes me worry about their mental health.

:swan:

most of the hits from the permanent TTH residency pop girl @Luckitty

17 minutes ago, Maneater said:

Then how were they forced hits?  :rip:

:sleep: I don't have to give you explanations for everything Dua Lipa has the most radio and TTH support since Ariana Grande early in her career she didn't score huge hits in the US but they were big hits overseas and all Dua Lipa singles had massive radio support

Butter and Dynamite were shoved down the GP's throat in commercials, playlists and especially the radio, despite atrocious callouts :celestial5: And they got shipped back :oh:

Roar is the blueprint for a smash, people heard it they liked it ,  Born this way was meant to be number 1, hype was sky high for gaga, she earned that nothing forced, now becoming the song that started her decline, that´s other story.

Up by cardy maybe, not memorable, not that catchy, no impact, but some how too overplayed.

Camila's Never Be the Same was on TTH for like 8 months, was performed everywhere you can imagine, and was pushed with a cross-genre remix and it still didn't go top 5 :skull: The GP said no to heroween

cant remember to forget you

telephone

all too well

7 minutes ago, Winged said:

Shallow 

BTS songs

:rip:

million reasons and willow are not hits

id say shallow and levitating

Some of Dua’s songs

Watermelon Sugar or Adore You, I remember one of them being forced. 
Million Reasons