Have your intentions ever been misconstrued seriously?

hurricane326

Starting on Monday I'm firmly diving into the next chapter of my life, and I ruminate on past failures as it approaches. I often think of times when I have come across the wrong way with people, with negative consequences for me

And no, I'm not just talking about that one time in ATRL HQ, I'm really not talking about that at all. If any of you are thinking of bringing this up, just don't

My life has been seriously altered by actions I never got the chance to explain or apologize for. Sometimes I'm shocked I manage to recover. Even then I doubt my recovery is guaranteed.

You can answer this question just with "yes" or "no" if you want. No details needed. Take care, y'all:heart:

I'm a firm believer that ALL ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES. So regardless of whether or not you intended to do something, careless behaviour effects individuals and second chances should not be given because more than likely a mistake will be repeated. I too, have lost out during life by unintentionally hurting people / ruining relationships. I try not to dwell on it and just focus on how I can change my behaviour for it not to happen again.

definitely :rip: there was this time in uni i was in a club i saw a bag next to me unattended and i picked it up to take it to the bouncer and hand it in (I waited like 10 mins) next thing i know im being approached bc they think im stealing the bag and the police are being called on me and im in handcuffs LMAO . That was definitely a trip

another time i was in mcdonalds on a night out and this group of girls start talking to me and i complimented one of the black girls’ hair and she somehow twisted it into me being racist and got all her friends to crowd around dragging me for being racist and none of them even knew wtf i even said to begin with

i have autism so I’ve learned not to take this kinda stuff too seriously usually it’s due to tones being misread due to barriers i can’t control, u just gotta keep going and laugh abt it

(also sis wtf happened in HQ? :ahh: it can’t be as bad as me putting a curse on users then exposing myself)

I complimented someone's appearance and they responded back to me with insults on my appearance & told me to k-ll myself :deadbanana2:  they said they read it wrong and apologized afterwards :skull:

10 minutes ago, May said:

i have autism so I’ve learned not to take this kinda stuff too seriously usually it’s due to tones being misread due to barriers i can’t control, u just gotta keep going and laugh abt it

I'm on the spectrum as well, and it definitely creates an even bigger hurdle. 

I've been through a lot of emotional and psychological trauma over the past five years and I'm hoping I'll be able to put it behind me one day

13 minutes ago, WERKER said:

second chances should not be given

This is unduly harsh. 

2 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

I've been through a lot of emotional and psychological trauma over the past five years and I'm hoping I'll be able to put it behind me one day

srry for posting fart gifs on your profile ..

1 minute ago, hurricane326 said:

This is unduly harsh. 

It is harsh I agree, but the only person who truly will look out for yourself is you and by cutting people out when they've wronged me once prevents me from getting hurt again. I say this as someone who was with a cheating ex for 6 years and gave him many chances, it ruined my entire life and my self-esteem. This way I protect myself.

I typically think the worst about everyone but me. I don't usually do wrong. But when people tell you "all those small things you do to second guess and doubt yourself--FORGET about it! No one notices that but you!!! :rainbow:" that's wrong. All the bad things you think about yourself, I'm already thinking. 

Edited by Biggie

2 minutes ago, WERKER said:

cutting people out when they've wronged me once prevents me from getting hurt again. I say this as someone who was with a cheating ex for 6 years and gave him many chances

I can see where you're coming from, but people can indeed change. If your partner cheated on you multiple times then it should have been over and quits much sooner, if you don't mind me saying that. But for someone who might say something hurtful or something like that, it doesn't mean their personality as a whole is flawed or that everything with them must be foregone. If I acted that way I'd never get anywhere in life. 

8 minutes ago, May said:

don't worry sis, I stand by you.

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, May said:

4 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

don't worry sis, I stand by you.

:deadbanana4:

no, dont talk to people then it cant happen

5 minutes ago, EtherealCat said:

no, dont talk to people then it cant happen

that's one way I suppose 

55 minutes ago, WERKER said:

I'm a firm believer that ALL ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES. So regardless of whether or not you intended to do something, careless behaviour effects individuals and second chances should not be given because more than likely a mistake will be repeated. I too, have lost out during life by unintentionally hurting people / ruining relationships. I try not to dwell on it and just focus on how I can change my behaviour for it not to happen again.

Best post on this site :clap3:

1 hour ago, Forevermore. said:

I complimented someone's appearance and they responded back to me with insults on my appearance & told me to k-ll myself :deadbanana2:  they said they read it wrong and apologized afterwards :skull:

:deadbanana2:

Yeah I recently asked this guy for help who I would talk to occasionally  at uni and now he’s avoiding me. :skull:

I’m kinda hurt ngl but I’m under the impression he thinks I like him. , he could’ve just said no. 

Edited by Number 9

No, I usually try to explain my intentions with something if they aren't clear to the other person.

3 hours ago, hurricane326 said:

Starting on Monday I'm firmly diving into the next chapter of my life, and I ruminate on past failures as it approaches.

Good luck on your next chapter and try not to dwell on the past :heart2: