Scream opens with $30.6m

ALA

As the serve ! the best slasher has to win !

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ALA

• Bubi

• Roman Holiday

• Ampersand13

7 hours ago, Bubi said:

What kind of idiot releases a movie during the pandemic? Love the franchise, but I hope it tanks.

Why so bitter and angry? Geez 

7 hours ago, Bubi said:

Except the difference is that by 2023 we will probably have the vaccine that offers a high protection from infection from all the variants. At the very least we'll get omicron specific boosters that for all we know will ofter protection from any future varaints. There is no reason to think the number of cases in 2023 will be anywhere close to the current ww numbers. In the current state only bioterroriets are allowed to watch movies in cinemas.

Huh?

Neve and Courtney's impact

The way this franchise evolved and has established itself as a fan driven cult classic :clap3: I hope it is rebooted with more acclaimed sequels. 

21 hours ago, Bubi said:

Except the difference is that by 2023 we will probably have the vaccine that offers a high protection from infection from all the variants. At the very least we'll get omicron specific boosters that for all we know will ofter protection from any future varaints. There is no reason to think the number of cases in 2023 will be anywhere close to the current ww numbers. In the current state only bioterroriets are allowed to watch movies in cinemas.

That’s not how infectious disease works in any way, shape or form. You don’t understand vaccines, you don’t understand viruses and you don’t understand transmission :skull: 

19 hours ago, ALA said:

This is gonna open with more than #4 at a time where the pandemic is pretty damn bad rn, it's great :rip:

4 had the worst promotional campaign ever and it isn’t fair. It’s also important to remember it was a sequel to the worst-received film in the franchise and with sequels, you usually see the reception of the previous film in the opening of the next film.

It makes me scared for 6 because 5 was so…mediocre.

2 minutes ago, Eternium said:

That’s not how infectious disease works in any way, shape or form. You don’t understand vaccines, you don’t understand viruses and you don’t understand transmission :skull: 

4 had the worst promotional campaign ever and it isn’t fair. It’s also important to remember it was a sequel to the worst-received film in the franchise and with sequels, you usually see the reception of the previous film in the opening of the next film.

It makes me scared for 6 because 5 was so…mediocre.

I seen loads of ads for 4 on tv, havn’t seen one for 5. 

I’m not from the US though so maybe promo there wasn’t great for Scream 4. 

Even in a non pandemic environment, this would be a stellar opening for the 5th horror installment of a previously dead franchise, in January all of seasons. No doubt about it. 

horror feels like one of those genres that appeal enough to the core that they won't care about covid risk.

like how halloween kills opened with $49 mil, even while simultaneously on streaming.

2 hours ago, Shelter said:

I seen loads of ads for 4 on tv, havn’t seen one for 5. 

I’m not from the US though so maybe promo there wasn’t great for Scream 4. 

TV ads are dead in the U.S. But 5ream has been on the radio, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram like crazy. Four was not well promoted here at all and ended up being more popular when it came out for home release than it ever was in theaters.

On 1/14/2022 at 12:55 PM, Bubi said:

This has to be trolling right :deadbanana:

Going to beat Scre4m's total box office in 5 days! SLAY, literally! We are getting Scream 6!:clap3:

On 1/14/2022 at 11:47 AM, Bubi said:

What kind of idiot releases a movie during the pandemic? Love the franchise, but I hope it tanks.

Are you still stuck in lockdown Spring 2020? There's been tons of movies thats been out:

Spiderman (677m), Shang Chi Legend of the Ten Rings (225m), Venom (212m), etc. People still watching movies sis.

31 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Going to beat Scre4m's total box office in 5 days! SLAY, literally! We are getting Scream 6!:clap3:

Scream 4 was the lowest grossing Scream film out of all, so not that competitive. 

Also how was Scream 5? The first film not to be directed by Wes Craven :cries: 

31 minutes ago, Feather said:

Scream 4 was the lowest grossing Scream film out of all, so not that competitive. 

Also how was Scream 5? The first film not to be directed by Wes Craven :cries: 

I'm mentioning it because a.) we're in a pandemic and b.) the last film's performance is usually indicative of a franchise's future and ability to bring an audience still after all these years. If anything this film could've performed worse considering recent times and Scre4m's box office. It beating the box office total of Scre4m in 5 days, is amazing. 

I liked it a lot, despite a lot of wrong choices made. The OGs, Twins, and Tara make the movie.  

I just came from the theater and only had to pay 5 bucks cause it was the first show it was so epic. I thought ghost face was gonna come in the theater and stab me while watching. And no one better try that! Anyways this movie was sooooo scary and really such a serve Wes would be proud. 5 bucks very well spent and so happy I saw it and that it was great. I cried! 😭

3 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

I just came from the theater and only had to pay 5 bucks cause it was the first show it was so epic. I thought ghost face was gonna come in the theater and stab me while watching. And no one better try that! Anyways this movie was sooooo scary and really such a serve Wes would be proud. 5 bucks very well spent and so happy I saw it and that it was great. I cried! 😭

I'm not sure if you're being fr now or taking the piss :lmao:

3 hours ago, Goofy said:

I'm not sure if you're being fr now or taking the piss :lmao:

Thats a werid thing to say. If you have not seen the movie or you want to troll it im not interested!