Scream opens with $30.6m

ALA

https://deadline.com/2022/01/scream-spider-man-weekend-box-office-mlk-1234912797/

Paramount-Spyglass Media’s Scream made $3.5M from Thursday night previews that began at 7 p.m. at roughly 3,000 theaters.

That’s a healthy take for a horror movie during the pandemic, pacing behind Halloween Kills and A Quiet Place II‘s Thursday nights which were $4.8M each and not too far behind pre-pandemic MLK weekend thriller Glass which did $3.7M. Glass saw a 3-day of $40M, but don’t go comping Scream to that M. Night Shyamalan title yet given the erratic moviegoer attendance during the pandemic.

Considering how disappointing 4's box office was and that the pandemic is really horrible rn, this doing over $20m for the weekend is pretty great :clap3:

Edited by ALA

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ALA

• Bubi

• Roman Holiday

• Ampersand13

So happy, it deserves even more. This better do 25M on the weekend. We need that sequel later this year. 

1 minute ago, Bubi said:

What kind of idiot releases a movie during the pandemic? Love the franchise, but I hope it tanks.

Well to be fair, they purposely made the release date a year later cause they wanted to wait COVID out. Nobody knew we would have a surge at the tail end of 2021.

14 minutes ago, Bubi said:

What kind of idiot releases a movie during the pandemic? Love the franchise, but I hope it tanks.

But there have been many movies released during the pandemic :rip: 

29 minutes ago, Bubi said:

This kind of thinking is so unhealthy imo. The whole “hope it flops to teach those idiots (that i really care about) a lesson” stan mentality. They’re not gonna sit on it til 2023 or later cos covid isn’t going anywhere and that wasn’t always apparent when they originally delayed it

12 minutes ago, Mrguilbeaux said:

This kind of thinking is so unhealthy imo. The whole “hope it flops to teach those idiots (that i really care about) a lesson” stan mentality. They’re not gonna sit on it til 2023 or later cos covid isn’t going anywhere and that wasn’t always apparent when they originally delayed it

And ignorant considering a lot of people's jobs and incomes rely on theatrical releases too. I respect (and applaud) audiences not wanting to go to theaters and stay safe during this time but those types of comments are not it either

23 minutes ago, Mrguilbeaux said:

Except the difference is that by 2023 we will probably have the vaccine that offers a high protection from infection from all the variants. At the very least we'll get omicron specific boosters that for all we know will ofter protection from any future varaints. There is no reason to think the number of cases in 2023 will be anywhere close to the current ww numbers. In the current state only bioterroriets are allowed to watch movies in cinemas.

23 minutes ago, Mrguilbeaux said:

Except the difference is that by 2023 we will probably have the vaccine that offers a high protection from infection from all the variants. At the very least we'll get omicron specific boosters that for all we know will ofter protection from any future varaints. There is no reason to think the number of cases in 2023 will be anywhere close to the current ww numbers. In the current state only bioterroriets are allowed to watch movies in cinemas.

1 hour ago, Bubi said:

Not you acting like this is the first movie we’ve gotten in the past 2 years :rip:

54 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

its a fan driven saga so its not that good

This is gonna open with more than #4 at a time where the pandemic is pretty damn bad rn, it's great :rip:

2 hours ago, Bubi said:

You do realize No Way Home broke multiple records despite releasing during the height of Omicron right? You can judge Paramount all you want but you should really be directing this energy to Disney who has put multiple theater only releases from their biggest franchise... 

I did think it was weird to see my theater room so pack. It wasn’t even this pack when I went to see Spider-Man or Eternals.

Going tonight! Theaters in my area seemed booked and busy!

also the amount of plp I have ignored in this thread is taking me out :deadbanana2:

Edited by WildAmerican