Artists who will flop in their next era

GentleDance

Gaga again.

Doja Cat too. Unfortunately she’s not that big enough of an artist like Olivia, Billie and Dua to keep up the momentum

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hector.adriel

• Virtual_Insanity

• Gagacharts

• Literature

9 hours ago, BloodLuster said:

Post Malone. his singles tanking and his label refusing to drop the album are a recipe for a trainwreck.

The set up  :dies:  

Drake, Ariana and Adele will probably underperform. Not flop though

5 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

First :rip:

Megan 

Normani xd

Cardi

Nicki

Beyonce

Lil Nas

maybe RiRi but idk 

Cardi who? :bibliahh: Couldn't possibly be the Cardi who's second album is already bigger than her first and hasn't even been announced yet. 

Girl, the question is who won't flop. The music industry is in shambles.  The only artists selling albums are Adele and Taylor Swift, the rest are relying on a streaming hit to help push an era. I'm interested to see how someone like Beyonce or Rihanna perform since it's been so long since their last albums.

Ari if she doesn't return to Max

2 hours ago, Scorp said:

Cardi who? :bibliahh: Couldn't possibly be the Cardi who's second album is already bigger than her first and hasn't even been announced yet. 

Where? In the US? Maybe

1 hour ago, unclefloprry said:

Where? In the US? Maybe

WAP is bigger than any rap song GLOBALLY the last 3 years. Can we please stop thinking RAP and urban music means local when I Like It and WAP have more global certifications than ATRL'S biggest pop girls. It's giving subliminal racist :biblio:

Pink. 

Her last huge era relied on bundles. Her streaming power is probably the weakest among her generation. Now that radio and pop music decline, she will too. 

Nicki & Gaga are guaranteed bombs, so them

boooooooooooooooom-wow.gif

5 hours ago, Dingdong123 said:

Gaga again.

Doja Cat too. Unfortunately she’s not that big enough of an artist like Olivia, Billie and Dua to keep up the momentum

This is delusional, I f anything with Dojas trajectory she will outpace Billie and Dua with her next project. She produces hit after hit after hit that the GP genuinely love, and she’s actually writing/ helping to produce them. She has an unmatched ear for hooks, and does not rely on others writing. She’s the current Rihanna but with incredible pop writing skills and is the best dancer of her generation. Maybe you are projecting and this is how you feel about your favorite current artist, because Doja is probably the least likely to flop.

Edited by lostcause

4 hours ago, PopNStuff said:

Girl, the question is who won't flop. The music industry is in shambles.  The only artists selling albums are Adele and Taylor Swift, the rest are relying on a streaming hit to help push an era. I'm interested to see how someone like Beyonce or Rihanna perform since it's been so long since their last albums.

:gaylorcat2:

beyonce most definitely, haters are lowkey discounting her more recent bombings until B7. If B7 fails to live up to the expectations, i imagine her stans would have a lot to answer to 

12 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Lol keep dreaming. That man has a whole multimedia machine behind him. Both albums are still charting. Every song on his last album is certified, even the worst one. Ain’t happening. 

original.gif

Exactly, out of all the 1D boys, he was always the chosen one. Fine line from 2019 outselling 2021 albums likes Billie and Drake’s in pure sales, he was 4th overall i think? His fan base isn’t loud because theyre burnt out from their 1D days. But they’re VERY big. He’s the biggest pop boy along the weeknd and Justin, and he’s only got 2 albums out. Im not the biggest fan but he only gets ignored because he doesn’t put out big pop songs the GP know, because he doesn’t even try

Beyoncé

Her last projets were UNHEARD, UNSEEN & UNNOTICED

For those who are saying Gaga, you've been saying this since 2013, yet here we are 9 years later, she is STILL here and bothering the OGH! 

Nicki will DEFINITELY flop again! 

i want to see what team beyonce is doing to ensure her next era will be a success, i can imagine they’re learning from what worked/didn’t work post lemonade to adapt esp. for the streaming era 

6 hours ago, BowWow said:

Exactly, out of all the 1D boys, he was always the chosen one. Fine line from 2019 outselling 2021 albums likes Billie and Drake’s in pure sales, he was 4th overall i think? His fan base isn’t loud because theyre burnt out from their 1D days. But they’re VERY big. He’s the biggest pop boy along the weeknd and Justin, and he’s only got 2 albums out. Im not the biggest fan but he only gets ignored because he doesn’t put out big pop songs the GP know, because he doesn’t even try

If Harry played the game like most ATRL faves do... he's about to cross five years solo and has put out a grand total of 22 tracks (2 albums). This is notable not because of the discography length itself, but because that's the TOTAL number of versions of his songs. 22. There's no Diplo remix, no collab with this or that artist. All his songs are solo (yet all have 100M+ streams or more on Spotify alone and all are certified).

His promo rollout is lean but high quality, he tends to limit his performances on late night tv and award shows, to quality > quantity. He doesn't use socials at all. Despite being friends with the most mainstream musicians (Adele, Ed, Ariana), he never mentions them (they do mention him, though). The only two "tricks" his label used in his entire solo career were bundling Fine Line with his tour (which would've been foolish not to do, considering every single artist was doing that at the time, the album served an insane longevity nonetheless), and putting out vinyl versions during the week that Watermelon Sugar had a chance at #1 (but he always puts out vinyl versions of his singles, they were just a bit more promoted). His average streams per song (counting every single track available on his spotify), is 350 MILLION. Without even checking I'm willing to bet that's the highest average of any artist on the platform.

Since he doesn't care about charts he could potentially have a smaller era than Fine Line, depending on the genre he goes for with HS3, and I can't see him ever having an era bigger than Fine Line. But I don't see a realistic chance of him outright flopping.

Artists who WILL flop next era... I can only predict that the ones in decline will continue declining, like Camila or Shawn. I've been taking the pulse of the interest in anything they do on socials and it seems lukewarm to very cold. But even they could potentially have a sleeper hit out of nowhere, they've done it before.

Gaga. She literally exhausted all remaining tricks at her disposal to make Chromatica platinum. But I really cannot see what she can do for her next era. 

I think Katy (sadly). Her recent pop releases did not do great in terms of streams and views.

i reaaaally don’t think Ariana’s gonna flop anytime soon! she has a strong fanbase. i feel like the Aranciatas or whatever they’re called are very loyal in addition to the GP. plus she’s just likable, talented, and a great presence in pop in general :clap3:

like several others have opined, i can’t exactly predict who will flop other than those who already have (Kesha, Katy, Xtina, Shawn, Demi) but part of me does have a feeling that Drake might underperform to a degree he hasn’t yet

On 1/14/2022 at 3:00 PM, hector.adriel said:

And let me guess, Xtina won’t? I mean, at least Britney can go Top 20, let alone chart, unlike your fave :rip:

Can she ? That was five years ago at this stage 

17 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

I think Katy (sadly). Her recent pop releases did not do great in terms of streams and views.

Smile, a 12 track completely solo album has over 1 billion streams on Spotify. Katy will be fine.