• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gui Blackout

• katara

• Bloo

• Badgalbriel

6 hours ago, Element said:

The way he would totally run for president if he met the qualification of being born here 

he would probably win too :toofunny3:

Uneducated people think the rich just sit on their money like hoarders, they don't realise most of it is invested and is used by other people and companies to grow their businesses. When someone gets a bank loan, where you think they get the money from.

the amount of support this comment has gotten 

I-

7 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

I wonder how many people who angrily posted actually watched the video

I mean he's basically saying he shouldn't have to pay taxes because he can spend his money more efficiently than the government.

Which is an idiotic argument because he will spend his money in his own self interest while the government, at least in theory, is supposed to spend in the interest of the people as a whole.

The fact that his fans agreed like maybe his fans should pay his tax for him then because I’m sure most of his fans aren’t billionaire so they should pay tax for him right ?

On 1/14/2022 at 10:01 AM, Gui Blackout said:

Discussing whether something with longstanding, well-established existence "shouldn't" exist is borderline childish. 

The first time someone became billionaire: 1916

The year Marx published the Communist Manifesto: 1848

Marxism officially older than the concept of billionaires so by your logic Marxism won :gaycat3:

On 1/14/2022 at 10:37 AM, Gui Blackout said:

Please don't be disingenuous, what is even this comparison? 

"-Proposing unrealistic, radical structural changes of the world economy is not a winnable argument, be more nuanced"

"-Oh so you're against basic human and civil rights too huh???"

Way  to perfectly illustrate my point :rip:

I hope you see the irony in this in that much of the argument for maintaining slavery was not just about the belief in race realism - the idea that race was real and some races were more primitive than others - but that abolishing slavery would be an "unrealistic, radical structural change to the world economy" given that slaves, at their most basic form, are literally just human forms of capital. There's a reason why it was called the slave trade.  Slaves were goods, chattel, capital, etc. A slave was a living piece of wealth. Imagine if the calls for something more nuanced than abolishing slavery worked.

:skull:

Between Solar City, Tesla and SpaceX, he's received billions of dollars from government loans, contracts, tax credits, and subsidies. He's one of the biggest welfare recipients in the Unites States.

Where do all the Musk fanboys think that money for the SpaceX moon lander and other space flight programs come from?

I really don't get it. $1 billion is more than anyone could ever spend in multiple lifetimes. Multi-billionaires, if anything, should be the only ones to pay taxes - billions in taxes. Why do they so badly just want to hold on to money they can't even spend?

On 1/14/2022 at 7:37 AM, Gui Blackout said:

Please don't be disingenuous, what is even this comparison? 

"-Proposing unrealistic, radical structural changes of the world economy is not a winnable argument, be more nuanced"

"-Oh so you're against basic human and civil rights too huh???"

Way  to perfectly illustrate my point :rip:

serving "this sign can't stop me because i can't read!"

KQXgE6Q.thumb.png.cbca398caa1f2343ae9afa

On 1/14/2022 at 8:12 AM, Brando said:

so poor people deserve to be poor basically? 

And they´re poor becasuse they want - or because they´re lazy :zzz: