Is the skinny/pro-ana/herion chic aesthetic coming back?

Mrs. Carter

I've been on tiktok recently and the rise of y2k nostalgia and clothing is bringing back the aesthetic of being rail thin.

It was never really out but yes. Although I think current resurgence is very Gen Z and anti-Millenial.  I think on top of just BBL exhaust of the 10s, there’s also a fatigue of body positivity and fat acceptance. Glorifying thin-ness is somewhat transgressive right now for those that believe it.

yes, pls thanks

but like the other users said, being thin never went out of style

yes, thicc was the new skinny momentarily while we were all fat during lockdown but now skinny is the new thicc.

Pro ana “aesthetic” is literally just the glorification of anorexia. As someone who has been hospitalised from being dangerously underweight due to my eating disorder, I would love it if we did not uphold those ideals as being aspirational. 

1 hour ago, discotitzz said:

Pro ana “aesthetic” is literally just the glorification of anorexia. As someone who has been hospitalised from being dangerously underweight due to my eating disorder, I would love it if we did not uphold those ideals as being aspirational. 

TikTok loves to romanticise mental disorders unfortunately, as well as faking them

There probably will be a counter reaction to the trend of being thicc, having insane, unobtainable curves, enhanced hourglass etc., I just hope it's not being 00's skinny, because that was extremely toxic as well :skull: But my boyfriend goes to a major fashion school and they all still glorify anorexia, so I guess it was never really out.

14 hours ago, Pop culture said:

Yes

Xh7x4IO.jpg

2 hours ago, BloodLuster said:

skinny legends never go out of Style.mp3

Super Skinny MAriah | Skinny Legend | Know Your Meme

df6.jpg