Jump to content

Did Gaga open the doors for popgirls to be in high fashion?


Mrs. Carter
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MadonnasBoyfriend

    3

  • Jjang

    2

  • fentypark

    3

  • Marry Illusion Glory

    3

Absolutely, it ain't even up for discussion :rip:

 

4 hours ago, Rino said:

name at least a couple of hugely popular mainstream pop singers who debuted in the time frame from the 90s to 2008 who were constantly dressed in high fashion clothes for awards, MVs or any other big public appearances and were actually known for it by the general public and their industry peers. quick! 

 

OT: she absolutely did and the usual delulus will stay delusional. it's funny to me that there are people in this world who will with full seriousness say to your face that a red dress is actually blue and they will wholeheartedly believe that. 

the epitome of DELUSION really. at least ATRL provides a space for these people to meet their same-minded souls so they would find comfort in each other's false perception of reality. 

Let them be :heart2:

 

3 hours ago, fentypark said:

that’s it girl… let all that frustration out :eatpopcorn:

So... you have no names? :soda:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Lazerbeamz said:

Y’all are 13,  delusional or both I stg :ahh: 

output_lmoFT2.thumb.gif.b1b685cab2592f55

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7xSke3YfQ8xaKMgTwrsC

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCi5sxSa53qgdABEoVOAo

 

 

 

OT: Without a doubt, yes.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

output_lmoFT2.thumb.gif.b1b685cab2592f55

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7xSke3YfQ8xaKMgTwrsC

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCi5sxSa53qgdABEoVOAo

 

 

 

OT: Without a doubt, yes.

 

 

 

:ahh: :ahh: :ahh: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yup :rip: i hope i dont have to remind you of early 2000s fashion... even madonna just wore variations of jeans and a top for confessions :skull:

there was definitely a pause in fashion innovation in pop culture until gaga came along, no one was dressing "weird" until that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

yup :rip: i hope i dont have to remind you of early 2000s fashion... even madonna just wore variations of jeans and a top for confessions :skull:

there was definitely a pause in fashion innovation in pop culture until gaga came along, no one was dressing "weird" until that

Didn't Madonna only wear jeans for the hung up video? And sorry was just a continuation. Not you reducing all Madonna's fashion moments as just jeans and a shirt. Pft.

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Didn't Madonna only wear jeans for the hung up video? And sorry was just a continuation. Not you reducing all Madonna's fashion moments as just jeans and a shirt. Pft.

she wore them on tour as well and that's fine, everyone was caught up in the horrible fashion sense of the early 2000s. madonna's early career looks were great and it inspired many including gaga, but gaga did her own thing and made a lot of fellow artists feel like they could do it as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

she wore them on tour as well and that's fine, everyone was caught up in the horrible fashion sense of the early 2000s. madonna's early career looks were great and it inspired many including gaga, but gaga did her own thing and made a lot of fellow artists feel like they could do it as well.

whats fine? and the jeans she wore for like 2 songs in confessions tour are black the ones in the hung up video are blue. And sweetie confessions didnt come out in the early 2000s. What are you doing? Her look was mostly pantless and  she started a trend with that that gaga herself has followed

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course she didn’t. She brought it back tho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not saying she opened the door, but do you remember how musician dressed to major events in the early 2000? You really can’t deny she had impact in that sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2011 VMAs was a clear indicator of that. A lot of girlies stepped up their game because of her, and that’s a fact whether you like it or not.  :sorry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Opened the door, no but she did set the trend like someone else here stated prior. You can really differentiate the Early 00's era of fashion in red carpets to a post-TF era of fashion on red carpets. Her influence in the sphere of fashion is inarguable no matter what type of narrative the OGH's stitch because even then, they know deep inside the truth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The door was opened previously by others such as Grace Jones, Madonna, Cher etc

 

But mainstream girls really jumped off haute couture/avant garde/wacky looks in that RnB period 2005-2008. She brought it back and really pushed her peers through that door as well as inspired modern artists now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obviously not...  I mean Madonna literally had a smash hit called Vogue :dies:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She wasn’t the first to do it but she definitely popularized it especially among the non-boomer generation of pop girls and took it to a whole other level the others couldn’t before her. 

 

Edited by XVIIII
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bjork with her custom made Alexander McQueen pieces in the 90s and early 2000s >>>>>>>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

open doors.....lol no. Don't ignore Madonna, David Bowie, Prince, Michael, Bjork, etc.

 

She did set up a new trend though. (not my taste but there it is) But because she set up weird-over produced trend doesn't mean she opened a door...this already happened before.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

output_lmoFT2.thumb.gif.b1b685cab2592f55

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7xSke3YfQ8xaKMgTwrsC

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCi5sxSa53qgdABEoVOAo

 

 

 

OT: Without a doubt, yes.

 

 

 

Sdhahz what did you think your 2011 response prove, other than my point? 
13 and delusional indeed :ahh: 

OT: Obviously NOT :ahh: She took that from other artists to begin with :lmao: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lazerbeamz said:
9 hours ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

output_lmoFT2.thumb.gif.b1b685cab2592f55

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7xSke3YfQ8xaKMgTwrsC

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCi5sxSa53qgdABEoVOAo

 

 

 

OT: Without a doubt, yes.

 

 

 

Sdhahz what did you think your 2011 response prove, other than my point? 
13 and delusional indeed :ahh: 

OT: Obviously NOT :ahh: She took that from other artists to begin with :lmao:

What a ******* clown :bibliahh:

 

You don't have a point to begin with. Imagine denying evidence right in front of you :rip: Like fav, like stan I guess. Delusional, clown behavior :clown:

 

OT: She might not be the first to bust the door open but she raised the Fashion!.mp3 bar so high with her debut that everyone else followed. We see her influence everywhere today which is why the OGHs keep suffering, as evidenced in this thread and everyday on ATRL :wave2:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Madonna, who counted practically every famous fashion designer and couturier among her circle of friends and collaborators before Gaga started losing her baby teeth, opened the doors for popgirls "to be in" high fashion. Gaga set the trend for fashion stunts, I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Modern day, I say yes. You can tell all the girls started to dress differently a few years after she set the trend of being...out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cher

Madonna

Grace Jones

Diana Ross

Kylie Minogue

Bjork

Lil Kim

Gwen Stefani

even Britney, Xtina, Beyonce etc all had their high fashion moments as well. Pretty much all popstars did. Not to mention males Bowie, Prince, Pharrell, Kanye...

 

Like this is such a delusiona circa 2010 monster take pls :deadbanana4:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Rino said:

name at least a couple of hugely popular mainstream pop singers who debuted in the time frame from the 90s to 2008 who were constantly dressed in high fashion clothes for awards, MVs or any other big public appearances and were actually known for it by the general public and their industry peers. quick! 

 

OT: she absolutely did and the usual delulus will stay delusional. it's funny to me that there are people in this world who will with full seriousness say to your face that a red dress is actually blue and they will wholeheartedly believe that. 

the epitome of DELUSION really. at least ATRL provides a space for these people to meet their same-minded souls so they would find comfort in each other's false perception of reality. 

Lil Kim sweetie...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...