Peacemaker: Season 1 | HBO Max

ALA

Peacemaker-HBO-Max-cast-poster.jpg

First 3 episodes now on HBO Max.
Edited by ALA

I just started episode 1, so weird to see The Suicide Squad used as a recap :rip: honestly I'm not sure what to expect from this, I thought TSS was great but idk if I can take a whole series full of dumb James Gunn jokes :deadbanana2:

I'm still debating with myself wether to watch this or not cause the character was whack as hell on TSS and I don't think I could deal with an entire season of James Gunn'd jokes d

Yeah if anyone deserved a spin off it was Ratcatcher or even Bloodsport :deadbanana:

I thought The Suicide Squad was just ok. None of the new characters screamed spin off besides Polka dot.

Might force myself to watch this weekend or just let it go off in the background to give DC a lil stream. :michael:

First episode was kinda entertaining and I like how he put so many references to the DCEU as a whole, Freddie Storma (Vigilante) 😍.

Tomorrow I’ll watch 1x02 and x03.

11 hours ago, zaso said:

is this worth watching? i liked his character in suicide squad

It's good! If you liked TSS, you should like this one too. It's like the movie but on steroids. NSFW scenes btw

16 hours ago, zaso said:

is this worth watching? i liked his character in suicide squad

eh idk.  I really enjoyed TSS but do not like this very much.  His character worked / was funny in a larger ensemble but having him be the center of a whole series is a bit stale and the humor isn't very funny.  It just feels kinda cringey when watching. I only watched 2 out of the 3 so far but it's not great

Edited by InventedGays
grammar

This was so fun & hilarious.  I love that the format feels very similar to The Boys & Doom Patrol. 

Spoiler

John Cena's butt shot :jonny5:

Danielle Brooks is so funny in this too :lmao:

I truly enjoyed the first 3 episodes.  The intro alone :laugh:

10 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

It's good! If you liked TSS, you should like this one too. It's like the movie but on steroids. NSFW scenes btw

thanks! gonna start watching now

6 hours ago, InventedGays said:

eh idk.  I really enjoyed TSS but do not like this very much.  His character worked / was funny in a larger ensemble but having him be the center of a whole series is a bit stale and the humor isn't very funny.  It just feels kinda cringey when watching. I only watched 2 out of the 3 so far but it's not great

i don't mind the cringey humor as long as it has fun action scenes

Just watched all 3 episodes and this is so good :clap3: I mean episode 1 alone and all the shots of Cena practically naked :smitten: 

The humor works and the cast as a whole seems like they mesh well together. 

It’s okay. That intro alone makes me grateful that there’s a skip intro button. John Cena’s character is kinda cringe but overall it works. 

Ep 1 was enjoyable, not sure how I feel about it so I'll watch the rest to figure it out.

Episode 1 was pretty decent

was surprised Viola already made an appearance

:rip:

it's honestly so bizarre this is the first DCEU show but we'll see how this is overall! 

Apparently, episode 8 (the last one) is VERY important or something big happens. Can't wait. 

I just started watching this and it's so good. Really love the humor and the connectiveness to the DC universe. It's a great way to start the worldbuilding aspect that the DCEU need. Can't wait to start watching the rest of the episodes. 

10 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I have a big crush on Vigilante / Freddie Storma 😍

He’s come a long way since his Harry Potter days. He was so hot as Cormac McLaggen