Jennifer Lopez & Maluma - 'Marry Me (OST)'

CosTaSsSs

25 minutes ago, CosTaSsSs said:

Target Edition with two bonus tracks, one is After Love (Part 2) the other one is not listed yet.

GUEST_e609f142-ea99-4120-be4e-a2dd2ff7c88a?width=300&height=300

https://www.target.com/p/jennifer-lopez-marry-me-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-target-exclusive-cd/-/A-85415843

After Love 2 and I hope another JLo solo song. I will add her pre-singles to this and call it an album.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dabbyy

• CosTaSsSs

• SavagePapi

• Yudelkis

32 minutes ago, CosTaSsSs said:

Target Edition with two bonus tracks, one is After Love (Part 2) the other one is not listed yet.

GUEST_e609f142-ea99-4120-be4e-a2dd2ff7c88a?width=300&height=300

https://www.target.com/p/jennifer-lopez-marry-me-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-target-exclusive-cd/-/A-85415843

why do I feel like the unknown bonus track will be either Pa' Ti (Spanglish Version) or Lonely, either way I'm adding both to the album so they finally have a "home", and I'll be moving the remixes to the bottom of the tracklist

Edited by BlackJesus

3 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

Who said I don't support it I'm excited for this and the perfornances!

But we need to be clear on on what the material is. Kat Valdez is not singing as J.Lo, J.Lo is singing as Kat Valdez. So it's not a J.Lo studio album that some fans are stating here, Twitter or on BB. It's a soundtrack that is ironically sung by her character who also happens to be a recording artist. That was the premise, and the reason why she signed up for it. It reminded her of a musical.

Anyway, I'm perched! :duca:

ok but ppl still will be calling it a jlo album ...

anyway, target has 2 bonus tracks @CosTaSsSs so jlo was right ? 6 or 7 solo songs ??

3 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

Church - Jenna Andrews, Bekuh Boom, Floyd Nathaniel Hills, William Wiik Larsen, MosesSumney & Elle Varner

976a3bd96e15eefe113dcf864ca916e0111ad739

@stephen1108

A BOP IS COMING ! 

who is she ??? :coffee:

I wish she would have done something like this for 'Hustlers' now that would have SLAPPED

Who said I don't support it I'm excited for this and the perfornances!

But we need to be clear on on what the material is. Kat Valdez is not singing as J.Lo, J.Lo is singing as Kat Valdez. So it's not a J.Lo studio album that some fans are stating here, Twitter or on BB. It's a soundtrack that is ironically sung by her character who also happens to be a recording artist. That was the premise, and the reason why she signed up for it. It reminded her of a musical.

Anyway, I'm perched! :duca:

This is like saying ASIB isn't a Lady Gaga album, It is.

Is J.LO singing? YES

Is J.Lo listed as artist on the album and tracks? YES

Will J.LO accept awards for this album? YES

It's a J.LO album

Edited by BlackJesus

8 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

why do I feel like the unknown bonus track will be either Pa' Ti (Spanglish Version) or Lonely, either way I'm adding both to the album so they finally have a "home", and I'll be moving the remixes to the bottom of the tracklist

Sis.. it better not! :skull:

3 minutes ago, CosTaSsSs said:

Sis.. it better not! :skull:

spanglish version is already on the album ... it's Pa Ti (For You).

1 minute ago, Dabbyy said:

spanglish version is already on the album ... it's Pa Ti (For You).

When playing the preview of the iTunes page it plays the Spanish version instead. lol

@CosTaSsSs  update the OP pls ... give a link for pre-save, target.

I dk ... it looks bad now lol

Just now, CosTaSsSs said:

When playing the preview of the iTunes page it plays the Spanish version instead. lol

really ? I didnt play the pa ti preview lmao

9 minutes ago, Dabbyy said:

@CosTaSsSs  update the OP pls ... give a link for pre-save, target.

I dk ... it looks bad now lol

I fixed it (kinda lol)! Let me know

15 minutes ago, Dabbyy said:

really ? I didnt play the pa ti preview lmao

Yeah, I pre-ordered it on iTunes and it gave me the Spanish version. :skull:  It could be a **** up though.

Y'all are so annoying :deadbanana2: Just appreciate the fact that we are FINALLY getting a full body of work from her. All of the songs are used in the film in its entirely, so I'm not sure why you expected this to be a long ass album or something. She gave us exactly what she said she was going to.

We have 6 ENTIRELY SOLO JLo songs (something we haven't had in a VERY LONG TIME; hell including the bonus tracks, A.K.A. only had 7 solo songs on it). And then there's also 3 songs with Maluma, so a total of 9 songs. Plus we also have "Lonely", which is probably the other Target track. So that's 10 tracks, which is a LOT considering for the past 7 years all we've gotten are singles.

Edited by zach

Just now, zach said:

Y'all are so annoying :deadbanana2: Just appreciate the fact that we are FINALLY getting a full body of work from her. All of the songs are used in the film in its entirely, so I'm not sure why you expected this to be a long ass album or something. She gave us exactly what she said she was going to.

Annoying is the English album she cancelled in 2015-2016. The Spanish album she cancelled in 2017. The Super Bowl wasted opportunity to release a single/album instead of Vinyl versions of On The 6 and J.Lo, and random singles making her discography look like a Z-lister artist (some of the songs were great, but not all). 

As you said, because this is the closest she'll ever get to do an album again she should have added more tracks as well, especially to that unknown band's song and the two remixes spots. After 7 years hiatus we deserve the best, and she clearly doesn't give that to her fanbase, so yeah personally I don't appreciate anything but it's the other way around. 

23 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

This is like saying ASIB isn't a Lady Gaga album, It is.

Is J.LO singing? YES

Is J.Lo listed as artist on the album and tracks? YES

Will J.LO accept awards for this album? YES

It's a J.LO album

We're gonna have to agree to disagree. While the songs are sung by Jennifer Lopez, they were not based on her own life. They were created off a character. The same with Gaga. It is a soundtrack album, not a studio album.

"We had the script, and then we picked places where we would like to put the music. You can’t have a movie about two pop stars who are performing and not have a soundtrack. But the album was really difficult because I wasn’t making a J.Lo album. I was writing songs for the story. So while I was on tour, I had submissions from every producer and every writer, and we listened to a hundred songs to get seven or eight."

Nothing else to discuss here.

@CosTaSsSs@Dabbyy

I'mma need a full Jennifer Lopez album on a label that is not HITCO, please.

20 hours ago, Asparagus Spears said:

There’s gotta be a deluxe of some sort because Lonely isn’t on here…

Part of me feels like "Lonely" is more so a Jennifer & Maluma track that isn't going for the film, unfortunately.

Just now, livelikemusic said:

I'mma need a full Jennifer Lopez album on a label that is not HITCO, please.

Part of me feels like "Lonely" is more so a Jennifer & Maluma track that isn't going for the film, unfortunately.

Pa Ti was recorded the same time with Lonely, the one was JLo track and the other was Maluma's. They just shot an extra scene for the movie to include it I believe. 

2 minutes ago, CosTaSsSs said:

Annoying is the English album she cancelled in 2015-2016. The Spanish album she cancelled in 2017. The Super Bowl wasted opportunity to release a single/album instead of Vinyl versions of On The 6 and J.Lo, and random singles making her discography look like a Z-lister artist (some of the songs were great, but not all). 

As you said, because this is the closest she'll ever get to do an album again she should have added more tracks as well, especially to that unknown band's song and the two remixes spots. After 7 years hiatus we deserve the best, and she clearly doesn't give that to her fanbase, so yeah personally I don't appreciate anything but it's the other way around. 

Oh 1000%. Her music career is a mess. And now that she's focused on doing movies, we're not gonna get another album in a verrrrrryyy long time. We should have gotten another Spanish and English album in between A.K.A. and this. But at this point, I'm just happy to get ANYTHING from her and expect nothing.

Just now, zach said:

Oh 1000%. Her music career is a mess. And now that she's focused on doing movies, we're not gonna get another album in a verrrrrryyy long time. We should have gotten another Spanish and English album in between A.K.A. and this. But at this point, I'm just happy to get ANYTHING from her and expect nothing.

Totally get your point, I'm just stating mine as well. But yeah.. I can't settle with being happy when clearly she doesn't care about her fans anymore. To me she is a celebrity and not an artist anymore. Said it million times that the reason I'm a fan of hers it's 'cause of the music, but if this one flops she should just quit with it in my opinion. Focus on films and being a great actress to get that Oscar nomination she deserves. 

51 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

After Love 2 and I hope another JLo solo song. I will add her pre-singles to this and call it an album.

in my opinion the other song is 'Lonely' (hoping tbh)

Bye! :sistrens:

Speaking of soundtrack songs. Some specifics:

- "Baila" was part of the "Music of The Heart" OST, and included as a bonus track in European edtions of "On The 6".

- "Love Don't Cost A Thing" was used in the ending credits of "The Wedding Planner", but it was not on the OST. It was (obviously) on the "J.Lo" album.

- "Alive" was a song recorded and used to promote "Enough", but weirdly the song was not on the OST. The music video was added as an extra on the DVD. It was however, included as the final track of the "J To Tha L-O! The Remixes" album.

- "Quien Sera" was said to be recorded for the "Shall We Dance" OST, but it was never officially released. It was leaked a couple years later.

- "Toma De Mi" was part of the "El Cantante" OST. I don't think it was in the actual film?

- "(What Is) Love?" leaked online in 2009, and then added to "The Backup Plan" OST. I believe it was used in the ending credits? The song was also added to the "Love?" album.

- "Porque La Vida Es Asi" was part of the "Bordertown" OST.

- "Feel The Light" was part of the "Home" OST.

- "What You Mean To Me" was part of the "Finding Neverland: The Album" (Songs from the Broadway Musical). Not a film, but it was a compilation album of covers from the musical.

- "Limitless" was part of the "Second Act" OST.

Is that all of them?

"Marry Me" will be her first soundtrack album sung almost entirely by her.

3247089650_1_3_IuZlg4la.jpg
Feel The Light is her best OST song.

:heart2:

I never knew that Alive wasnt on Enough OST.

Quien Sera was an iTunes Bonus Track during Como Ama Una Mujer Era.

3 hours ago, Dabbyy said:

who is she ??? :coffee:

Never had a conversation with her. :oh:

But 39 M views doesnt lie, let say she’s a hit maker ! @stephen1108

CHURCH MUST BE A CLUB BANGA !

:loud:

15 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

3247089650_1_3_IuZlg4la.jpg
Feel The Light is her best OST song.

:heart2:

I never knew that Alive wasnt on Enough OST.

Quien Sera was an iTunes Bonus Track during Como Ama Una Mujer Era.

Yes! So odd! They asked her to write it for the film. It's still the only song where she has the most writing credits. Cris Judd came out with the melody on their honeymoon, but she wrote the lyrics. She later finalized it with Cory Rooney.

A songwriter! :jonny5:

Didn't know "Quien Sera" was an itunes exclusive. Thought it was a leak. And I totally forgot about "Porque La Vida Es Asi".

Where is @DanceAgain?! It'a a new Jeneration, bih! "Pa Ti" should help with first week sales, no? Also, "El Anillo" could fit the soundtrack theme tbh. Special Edition? :dies: