Jennifer Lopez & Maluma - 'Marry Me (OST)'

CosTaSsSs

22 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

I said that in the base. I mean the character itself is not far-fetched from her real life persona. And there lies the problem. I think the film is an odd choice for her imo, but it does look fun.

I'm just not sure how that's gonna fair with music critics. I don't think they will be kind here. She's essentially playing herself, and that includes the music.

I think the critics will treat it the same way any other Jen music project has has been reviewed. 

However, I do feel the best of the soundtrack hasn't been released yet.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dabbyy

• CosTaSsSs

• SavagePapi

• Yudelkis

1 hour ago, SavagePapi said:

WTH? :toofunny3: 

Of course we're all excited because it's "Jennifer Lopez", but the music is based off of her character. The character has a different personality, different trajectory, different sound, etc. Therefore, the music is not "J.Lo". Even Jen stated that it's different from her own material.

It's not that hard for them to understand. I'm assuming they are just thirsty for any "album".

I think they are just buying the idea that this is gonna be a studio album, when it's clearly not. I love Jen with my heart and always support her, but she rarely cares about her fanbase anymore. lol

This is cute, but not sure if it deserved the official "tracklist" treatment. I think the remixes should have been added as 'bonus tracks' on a special edition, if she really liked them. She kind of cheapens the film soundtrack album with remixes + a ballad version. Reminds me of the "remix album", and then the random "Alive" ballad. Lol!

But I'll be streaming!

"Love of My Life" includes a remix version as well. I wonder if it's a potential single?

8 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

This is cute, but not sure if it deserved the official "tracklist" treatment. I think the remixes should have been added as 'bonus tracks' on a special edition, if she really liked them. She kind of cheapens the film soundtrack album with remixes + a ballad version. Reminds me of the "remix album", and then the random "Alive" ballad. Lol!

But I'll be streaming!

"Love of My Life" includes a remix version as well. I wonder if it's a potential single?

Cheapens with a ballad version ?? A marry me ballad version is basically the biggest performance in the movie at madison square garden ... wth guys ... 

Edited by Dabbyy
Error

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

(Divorce Me) is coming!!

:bibliahh:

I'm happy to finally have a kinda full body of work from her. You guys must take this soundtrack from what it is: a soundtrack. I agree the add of 3 remixes is annoying but 8 orignal songs in one album from JLo is amazing,I cant wait!

14 hours ago, Dabbyy said:

you guys pay attention to the smallest things ... like who cares if there's (marry me) in the title ???

she's coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one cares at all, I just find it funny. :rip:

lengths:

Spoiler

1. Here Comes the Bride - Coolidge Crew - 45seconds

2. Marry Me - Kat & Bastian Duet - 2:37

3. Pa Ti (For You) - Jennifer Lopez & Maluma - 3:50

4. Church - Jennifer Lopez - 2:50

5. 1 en 1 Millon - Maluma - 2:40

6. Love of My Life (Marry Me) - Jennifer Lopez - 3:12

7. After Love (Part 1) - Jennifer Lopez -2:45

8. Marry Me (Ballad) - Kat & Bastian - 3:33

9. Segundo - Maluma - 2:28

10. On My Way (Marry Me) - Jennifer Lopez - 3:12

11. Nobody's Watching (Marry Me) - Jennifer Lopez - 2:56

12. Love of My Life (Marry Me) [Arkadi Remix] - Jennifer Lopez - 3:17

13. On My Way (Marry Me) [TELYkast Remix] - Jennifer Lopez - 3:38

10 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

It’s a JLO album

Not sure, but it's def more like a JLo Album than any previous OST.

ab67616d0000b2738a7ab72d49567fba00f3583e

71ka9BgrxUL._SL1250_.jpg

@SavagePapi @CosTaSsSs Did I lie ?

46 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

71ka9BgrxUL._SL1250_.jpg

But she's having an unknown band in the first song and then two solo Maluma songs. It's clearly more of a soundtrack, this cannot be a JLo studio album and it doesn't count as one. lol 

Anyone have the full credits? I miss the column browser.

30 minutes ago, zach said:

Anyone have the full credits? I miss the column browser.

Spoiler

Here Comes The Bride - John Debney & Richard Wagner

Marry Me (Kat & Bastian Duet) - Michael Pollack, Nicholas Sarazen, Olivia Waithe, Stefan Johnson, Juan Luis Londoño Arias, Edgar Barrera, Jordan Johnson & Oliver Peterhof

Pa Ti (For You)  - Jennifer Lopez, Maluma, Andrea Mangiamarchi "Elena Rose", Jon Leone, Edgar Barrera, Nathaniel Campany & Janée Bennett "Jin Jin"

Church - Jenna Andrews, Bekuh Boom, Floyd Nathaniel Hills, William Wiik Larsen, Moses Sumney & Elle Varner

1 en 1 Million - Maluma, Edgar Barrera, Vicente Barco & Johany Alejandro Correa

Love Of My Life (Marry Me) - Ryan Ogren, Ivy Adara, Dallas Koehlke, Nicholas Gale, Theron Thomas, Stefan Johnson, Jordan Johnson & Oliver Peterhof

After Love (Part 1) - Kyle Moorman, Lisa Scinta & Daniel Henig

Marry Me (Ballad) - Michael Pollack, Nicholas Sarazen, Olivia Waithe, Juan Luis Londoño Arias & Edgar Barrera

Segundo - Maluma, Edgar Barrera, Tommy Brown, Vicente Barco & Steven Franks

On My Way (Marry Me) - Michael Pollack, Leroy Clampitt & Ivy Adara

Nobody's Watching (Marry Me) - Ale Alberti, Jeff Shum & Dalton Diehl

Love Of My Life (Marry Me)  [Arkadi Remix] - Ryan Ogren, Ivy Adara, Dallas Koehlke, Nicholas Gale, Theron Thomas, Stefan Johnson, Jordan Johnson & Oliver Peterhof

On My Way (Marry Me) [TELYKast Remix] - Michael Pollack, Leroy Clampitt & Ivy Adara

21 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

. Pa Ti (For You)

The fact Pa Ti came out almost a year and a half ago :rip:

4 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

The fact Pa Ti came out almost a year and a half ago :rip:

I'm totally fine with this 'cause it makes it more of a Jennifer Lopez & Maluma project and the song did moderately good in charts, I wish Lonely was even part of it. 

2 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

71ka9BgrxUL._SL1250_.jpg

I can't stand you! :ahh:

It's not a "J.Lo album". She is not singing for the film, she is singing because that is the film. She is playing a pop star.

This isn't one of those films where you have various songs from various artists to set the mood for each scene. The songs in the film are supposed to be sung by her character, Kat Valdez. According to the director, 9 songs from the OST will be performed in it's entirety. Something that's never been done before.

If she had sung Selena's songs in "Selena", it still wouldn't be a "J.Lo album". She may get the billing, but she is essentially singing as a character.

Am I right or am I right? :foxaylove2: @CosTaSsSs

Why don't ya'll just wait for "This is me...Now"? Removing the intro, there aren't that many songs on here. It's basically an EP with a few remixes.

6 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

It's not a "J.Lo album". She is not singing for the film, she is singing because that is the film. She is playing a pop star.

This isn't one of those films where you have various songs from various artists to set the mood for each scene. The songs in the film are supposed to be sung by her character, Kat Valdez. According to the director, 9 songs from the OST will be performed in it's entirety. Something that's never been done before.

If she had sung Selena's songs in "Selena", it still wouldn't be a "J.Lo album". She may get the billing, but she is essentially singing as a character.

Why don't ya'll just wait for "This is me...Now"? Removing the intro, there aren't that many songs on here. It's basically an EP with a few remixes.

Couldn't be said better, and especially after 7 years of hiatus we deserve better. I can't understand why we should "appreciate" her mediocre efforts over the years and not being able to enjoy a proper body of work instead of mediocre random singles. Her best material were Ain't Your Mama, El Anillo, Dinero, Pa Ti, Lonely, In The Morning and Cambia El Paso and the rest were an atrocity.

Cancelled Spanish and English album, lack of any release during Super Bowl and releasing Vinyl versions of J.Lo and On The 6, jumping on any trend and no proper treatment is already enough to get her 1000 fans around the globe mad. I'm ok with this soundtrack, but we should not act like it's a proper project or fulfils our expectations after all the shitty things we have been through as her fans. lol I'm sorry not sorry.  

Church - Jenna Andrews, Bekuh Boom, Floyd Nathaniel Hills, William Wiik Larsen, MosesSumney & Elle Varner

976a3bd96e15eefe113dcf864ca916e0111ad739

A BOP IS COMING ! 

Edited by Yudelkis

26 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

Whats your point here ?

Just like you and costas we shouldnt enjoy it, we shouldnt support it ?? Lol

1 minute ago, Dabbyy said:

Whats your point here ?

Who said I don't support it I'm excited for this and the perfornances!

But we need to be clear on on what the material is. Kat Valdez is not singing as J.Lo, J.Lo is singing as Kat Valdez. So it's not a J.Lo studio album that some fans are stating here, Twitter or on BB. It's a soundtrack that is ironically sung by her character who also happens to be a recording artist. That was the premise, and the reason why she signed up for it. It reminded her of a musical.

Anyway, I'm perched! :duca:

1 hour ago, Dabbyy said:

Whats your point here ?

@SavagePapipoint is = If the OST Flop, blame on Kat Valdez talent and not Jennifer Lopez.

Anyway, her best OST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

51Tev-ijhkL.jpg

71Ix8tXGVgL._SX522_.jpg

Quien Sera >>>>>>>>>>>> Baila, Toma de Mi, Pa'Ti, LDCAT, Alive, What Is Love, Porqué La Vida Es Asi

074005e514eb97a26e17b1c014b034b505dc662c

1 hour ago, Yudelkis said:

@SavagePapipoint is = If the OST Flop, blame on Kat Valdez talent and not Jennifer Lopez.

Anyway, her best OST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

51Tev-ijhkL.jpg

71Ix8tXGVgL._SX522_.jpg

Quien Sera >>>>>>>>>>>> Baila, Toma de Mi, Pa'Ti, LDCAT, Alive, What Is Love, Porqué La Vida Es Asi

074005e514eb97a26e17b1c014b034b505dc662c

Bye! :sistrens:

Speaking of soundtrack songs. Some specifics:

- "Baila" was part of the "Music of The Heart" OST, and included as a bonus track in European edtions of "On The 6".

- "Love Don't Cost A Thing" was used in the ending credits of "The Wedding Planner", but it was not on the OST. It was (obviously) on the "J.Lo" album.

- "Alive" was a song recorded and used to promote "Enough", but weirdly the song was not on the OST. The music video was added as an extra on the DVD. It was however, included as the final track of the "J To Tha L-O! The Remixes" album.

- "Quien Sera" was said to be recorded for the "Shall We Dance" OST, but it was never officially released. It was leaked a couple years later.

- "Toma De Mi" was part of the "El Cantante" OST. I don't think it was in the actual film?

- "(What Is) Love?" leaked online in 2009, and then added to "The Backup Plan" OST. I believe it was used in the ending credits? The song was also added to the "Love?" album.

- "Porque La Vida Es Asi" was part of the "Bordertown" OST.

- "Feel The Light" was part of the "Home" OST.

- "What You Mean To Me" was part of the "Finding Neverland: The Album" (Songs from the Broadway Musical). Not a film, but it was a compilation album of covers from the musical.

- "Limitless" was part of the "Second Act" OST.

Is that all of them?

"Marry Me" will be her first soundtrack album sung almost entirely by her.

Edited by SavagePapi