Have you met someone who uses they/them outside of

Feather

Have you met someone who uses they/them as pronouns outside of the internet?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Have you met someone who uses they/them as pronouns outside of the internet?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you insert your pronouns on social media, emails, etc?

• Yes
    • No

How many times are we gonna repeat threads where people get to spew their vitriol against non-binary people? It’s the Performative NB thread all over again :doc:

I know I didn’t see someone telling us to refer to trans people as it WTF? @ATRL Administration Can y’all have a look into the mess here? 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feather

• Lana Banana

• John Slayne

• discotitzz

Nope just I’ve never met anyone using Latinx( :skull: ) IRL

• ATRL Moderator

Yes to both. 

I live in in Southern California so maybe it’s different. But it’s very common, especially pronouns in email signatures.  I see that every day at my office.  

On 1/12/2022 at 2:37 PM, Both Sides Now said:

Only one person in real life. They were in the LGBTQ Society in college and got into trouble because they organised a lesbian closed space and banned bisexual women but included themselves even though they don’t identify as a woman :rip: It was messy. 

Did they think they was gon get away with doing that???? :skull::skull::skull:

No, but that's because it would be career and social suicide in this swamp. I have acquaintances who have come out as NB and are now based overseas (fortunately, they had the funds to GTFO and live their truth in a less backward society!), but I have no idea what pronouns they use as I've not been in touch.

Maybe a couple, and I lived in California for 5 years lol

Responses will be skewed bc everyone here is LGBT basically. most people don't know a they/them most likely

yes, a lot of my close friends are they them or they/she 

Technically two, but I haven't seen them since HS and they came out in the past few years or so

yes

Unfortunately, yes. And they were the most toxic, borderline personality disorder having individual I have ever met 

But I would never willingly be friends with or hang out with someone who uses they. Not interested in the drama of someone who thinks they’re special