US: 30 certified 3x Platinum

Fnooky

Just now, GreatestLoveofAll said:

I have learned to never count miss adkins out completely. never know when she'll surprise you :-*

Exactly. Wouldn’t be surprised if 30 ended up going diamond. Anything is possible with the music industry as we have learned :oh:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supertiffany

• Bey Admired

• Headlock

• Artistofthedecade

1 minute ago, Feanor said:

Indeed it is :thing:

But you referred to Taylor not coming close Adele, not to 21.

And in that regard, that same Billboard site gives us a clear answer as to who’s the bigger artist :thing:

Billboard named 21 the greatest selling album of all time in the US when accounting for inflation and using a very specific formula. That album is by Adele. 

Similarly, 25 which is by Adele literally sold 3.4m copies in the first week, breaking the record for biggest selling album in a single week previously held by NSYNC by over a million copies. 

Her last 2 albums are certified diamond in the US.

How do Taylor’s albums do on the all time lists? 

Taylor is never going to be bigger than Adele in the US, please understand this. Just because she releases more often and charts more on Billboards  (which is how Billboard deciphers stuff like greatest Billboard artists lists), it does not mean she is as big as Adele. I really need you to understand this so you can stop embarrassing yourself :thing: 

Literally no one outside of your fanbase believes this because objective measurements do not support your analysis. 

I wonder if Adele’s second fanbase ever get tired of this domination :rip: They really brought this on themselves. They could have minded their business and observed the era from the sidelines, but instead many decided to expose themselves as the most bitter and delusional fans out there. I really hope and pray that you’re all able to move on and rid yourself of this bitterness. It’s not good for your health. 

2 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

So her set may count double since they include the cd and vinyl and the length from both together exceeds the 100 minutes, right?

So her set is only counted as 1 sale on BB but counted as more for RIAA??

its so creepy and weird how the ONLY users with anything bad to say about this or dragging and starting hate tirades against Adele all have swift avatars :deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Indeed it is :thing:

But you referred to Taylor not coming close Adele, not to 21.

And in that regard, that same Billboard site gives us a clear answer as to who’s the bigger artist :thing:

How is that even relevant?  Adele has 3 albums, I would HOPE Taylor would be an overall bigger artist over the past 15 (?) years.  I don’t get why y’all are so insecure on behalf of Taylor who doesn’t give a **** about Adele’s numbers.  Arguing over which extremely successful artist is more successful… look in a mirror.

Taylors last album with 3x platinum certifications was reputation, so no wonder the swifties are fuming like in every Adele thread :ahh:

We love a power force with album AND single success :clap3: No fraudulence allowed.

2 hours ago, slightx2 said:

Package must include two or more CDs, or its tape and album equivalent.

• For certification purposes only, the Added Value of the bundle has a suggested retail value premium of $6 or more per album when compared to the retail value of the Standalone Product. For example, the Added Value of a bundle with 2 albums should have a suggested retail value premium of $12 when compared to the retail value of the Standalone Product.

• The Standalone Product included in a bundle must be available for purchase separately where the consumer is given the choice of purchasing each component of the bundle individually. The Added Value component of a bundle cannot be marketed as a free giveaway.

• Multi-disc sets are generally not considered bundles unless they are packaged with Standalone Products that would otherwise classify the music components as Added Value.

Bundles? :lakitu:

2 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

The album is at 2.5M RIAA units. But the vinyl copies are a double vinyl so they count as x2 sales.

Sales only count double based on length, 30 is not a double album. Tons are records are pressed on 2LP and they aren’t counted double.

28 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

I literally said I don’t think she will :skull: :ahh: See, when you’re not an obsessed hater you are able to make objective and informed observations. 

I also think the first thread was a valid observation. She massively underperforms on Apple Music compared to other streaming services, since her fanbase is very white. 

Not them scooping up a thread made by you 5 years ago :rip: The obsession is real :rip: 

OT: And the US is not even her home market :jonny: Y'll don't really want to talk about uk sales :sistrens:

2 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

Billboard named 21 the greatest selling album of all time in the US when accounting for inflation and using a very specific formula. That album is by Adele. 

Similarly, 25 which is by Adele literally sold 3.4m copies in the first week, breaking the record for biggest selling album in a single week previously held by NSYNC by over a million copies. 

Her last 2 albums are certified diamond in the US.

How do Taylor’s albums do on the all time lists? 

Taylor is never going to be bigger than Adele in the US, please understand this. Just because she releases more often and charts more on Billboards  (which is how Billboard deciphers stuff like greatest Billboard artists lists), it does not mean she is as big as Adele. I really need you to understand this so you can stop embarrassing yourself :thing: 

Literally no one outside of your fanbase believes this because objective measurements do not support your analysis. 

No one is embarrassing themselves but you right now :thing: 

You're using objective measurements to make a point in the same breath where you're going against objective measurements that objectively and factually put Taylor Swift above Adele.

"No one outside of your fanbase believes it" and yet we have THE biggest chart company in the country coming to this conclusion based on facts and data. This isn't a random belief by fans of hers, it's pure facts.

EJWd9gJW4AMN2e_?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Unless you're thinking that Billboard is part of the fanbase too :thing: 

It's time to stop living in delusions and accept objective measurement indeed.

2 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

The album is at 2.5M RIAA units. But the vinyl copies are a double vinyl so they count as x2 sales.

This lie is so stale.

For a multi-disc to count as 2 units, the minimum requirement is it needs to be more than 100 minutes.

30 is like 58 minutes long.

Receipts:

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/about-awards/

The 3M unit is obviously because of shipments lol.

This is not something new.

"Nielsen SoundScan figures are not used in RIAA certification; the RIAA system predates Nielsen SoundScan and includes sales outlets Nielsen misses [shipments].

Prior to Nielsen SoundScan, RIAA certification was the only audited and verifiable system for tracking music sales in the U.S.; it is still the only system capable of tracking 100% of sales (albeit as shipments, not actual sales like Nielsen SoundScan).

This system has permitted, at times, record labels to promote an album as Gold or Platinum simply based on large shipments.

For instance, in 1978 the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band soundtrack shipped Platinum but was a sales bust, with two million returns.

Similarly, all four solo albums by the members of Kiss simultaneously shipped Platinum that same year but did not reach the top 20 of the Billboard 200 album chart.

The following year, the RIAA began requiring 120 days from the release date before recordings were eligible for certification, although that requirement has been reduced over the years and currently stands at 30 days. 

Sony was widely criticized in 1995 for hyping Michael Jackson's double album HIStory as five times Platinum, based on shipments of 2.5 million and using the RIAA's recently adopted practice of counting each disc toward certification, while SoundScan was reporting only 1.3 million copies sold.

A similar discrepancy between shipments and sales was reported with The Lion King soundtrack."

It's been happening for ages.

It happened with reputa too but was not this obvious since it sold most of the cds.

6 minutes ago, Archetype said:

How is that even relevant?  Adele has 3 albums, I would HOPE Taylor would be an overall bigger artist over the past 15 (?) years.  I don’t get why y’all are so insecure on behalf of Taylor who doesn’t give a **** about Adele’s numbers.  Arguing over which extremely successful artist is more successful… look in a mirror.

It is relevant when another user compared Taylor and Adele and made a false claim. I just pointed out the facts :party:

13 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

I literally said I don’t think she will :skull: :ahh: See, when you’re not an obsessed hater you are able to make objective and informed observations. 

I also think the first thread was a valid observation. She massively underperforms on Apple Music compared to other streaming services, since her fanbase is very white. 

And yet when Apple Music last revealed their list of most streamed female artists on their service in early 2019, she was 2nd on their service, while she was "only" in 3rd place on Spotify.

So if we make objective and informed observations indeed, we can see that comparatively, and based on these factual lists, Taylor is even bigger on Apple Music than she is on Spotify :thing:

31 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

The same Billboard that named 21 as the biggest album of all time? :thing:

Bugger album is not the same thing as bigger artists and you know that lmao :gayriahcat2:

Check the all time artist list boo boo :giraffe:

31 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

I wonder if Adele’s second fanbase ever get tired of this domination :rip: They really brought this on themselves. They could have minded their business and observed the era from the sidelines, but instead many decided to expose themselves as the most bitter and delusional fans out there. I really hope and pray that you’re all able to move on and rid yourself of this bitterness. It’s not good for your health. 

You were one of the first users fueling this fanwar so you have no room to talk about that or victimize yourself. 

The nerve of it all :rip:

27 minutes ago, Archetype said:

I don’t get why y’all are so insecure on behalf of Taylor who doesn’t give a **** about Adele’s numbers.  Arguing over which extremely successful artist is more successful… look in a mirror.

There is a user in the first page saying "30 outsold Evermore and Folklore" out of nowhere for no reason and you are here quoting a specific post to paint some type of narrative screams nothing but hypocrisy, just saying... 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

17 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

Also, why are you bothering with Feanor with a BTS avi. They also think Butter was a legitimate smash from them spam purchasing to keep it #1 on the Hot 100 all summer. 

They’re one in the same. The BTS fans and Swift fans have no capabilities of being rational or logical. 

To them:

20 albums selling 40M copies means you’re a bigger artist than someone who sold 39M copies with 5 albums. 

All they care about is total for very obvious reasons.

Edited by Gaia

17 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

. Just because she releases more often and charts more on Billboards  (which is how Billboard deciphers stuff like greatest Billboard artists lists), 

That literally means she’s bigger :rip: :rip:

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

Also, why are you bothering with Feanor with a BTS avi. They also think Butter was a legitimate smash from them spam purchasing to keep it #1 on the Hot 100 all summer. 

Adele fans now putting words into other people's mouths instead of acknowledging the facts and data :clap3:

The struggle is real

13 minutes ago, Sept said:

Not them scooping up a thread made by you 5 years ago :rip: The obsession is real :rip: 

So the member using past threads as evidence is obsessed but not the OTH who made the threads, got it :rip: