US: 30 certified 3x Platinum

Fnooky

54 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Ok so despite China having like 20 times as much a population as the UK their biggest albums by westerners are still selling about the same?  :rip: 

Yes because westerners in China are locals of UK and US... 

If you exclude local artists(British) of UK, only album with +200k sales was Sour in UK in 2021. That's the case for every country. 

Highest selling albums in UK was(SPS) 

30 - 600k

Equals - 432k

Voyage - 400k

Sour - 395k

Only 2021 releases to surpass 200k.

Highest selling albums in China was(Digital) 

And i didn't say China has bigger music market anyway. I quoted that user who claimed Europe is more important than US because it has bigger population, with market size of each to show it doesn't make sense, at all. And if population matters that much to him, as i added, China is right there. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supertiffany

• Bey Admired

• Headlock

• Artistofthedecade

31 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Yes because westerners in China are locals of UK and US... 

If you exclude local artists(British) of UK, only album with +200k sales was Sour in UK in 2021. That's the case for every country. 

Highest selling albums in UK was(SPS) 

Highest selling albums in China was(Digital) 

And i didn't say China has bigger music market anyway. I quoted that user who claimed Europe is more important than US because it has bigger population, with market size of each to show it doesn't make sense, at all. And if population matters that much to him, as i added, China is right there. 

How convenient when one the most selling artist ever on the UK are Rihanna and Ariana Grande

1 hour ago, Selenasworld said:

How convenient when one the most selling artist ever on the UK are Rihanna and Ariana Grande

Ariana is not one of the biggest sellers in UK with her less than 2M album units and Rihanna is an exception, just like Taylor and Justin are in China. This year's 4/5 of biggest releases in UK were albums by Adele, Ed, ABBA and Dua, British acts. 

Even then, it shouldn't be shocking that artists from Anglosphere(with English music) are much more likely to become bigger in UK(a country whose widely spoken language is English) than China or any other country with different widely spoken language. 

If you make a list with "Westerners(or International artists with English music in this case) albums from France or Brazil Charts, how different it would look compared to overall chart? 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

2 hours ago, thetea said:

taylor swift stans are so embarrassing:rip:

Adele is such a huge album seller. Congrats to her:clap3:

Exactly

Adele has always been the bigger PURE seller so idk what the hell is their delusion

The girlies hiding behind Adele here...screaming :toofunny3:

OT - shipments came through, but it will reach it anyways :clap3: 

2 hours ago, bringhimdowndown said:

Not 11 pages :eatpopcorn::sistrens::bam:

every single Adele achievement thread :psyduck: I'm not ready when EOM coming for 10th, 11th or 12th week at #1 thread.

8 hours ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

every single Adele achievement thread :psyduck: I'm not ready when EOM coming for 10th, 11th or 12th week at #1 thread.

Swifties their dedication :twirl3: