Jump to content

HDD FINAL: The Weeknd #1, Gunna 3K units behind


Machete
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

i wouldn't be that confident. The Greatest Showman was actually pretty big and it only did 2 weeks on top (also depending on the competition) 

Yeah I dont expect super many #1 weeks for Encanto, but I certainly expect it to always be ahead of Morgan. 

Could still get 4-5 weeks at #1 though if things break right and it keeps this up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • FAN

    7

  • simmnfierzig

    6

  • PopFan1996

    9

  • Paranoid Android

    8

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

Yeah I dont expect super many #1 weeks for Encanto, but I certainly expect it to always be ahead of Morgan. 

Could still get 4-5 weeks at #1 though if things break right and it keeps this up

Any big releases coming up in the next weeks/months? I feel like Encanto might sneak in after The Weeknd takes it this week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's over, Morgan will get Album of the Decade, even Adele can't stop him anymore :deadbanana4:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adele doing fine tbh. Hopefully OMG will boost it somewhat.

Impressive for Morgan, could totally see it return to #1. Haven't heard the new songs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

It's a double album and it has almost 40 tracks and two different versions or something:rip: Country fans are spamming it on Apple Music

When will you guys finally understand that "40 tracks" won't help your streaming numbers? :skull: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Squall said:

When will you guys finally understand that "40 tracks" won't help your streaming numbers? :skull: 

It absolutely does when the album is already doing well , it boost it even more. And whoever thinks it doesn't is just delusional at this point and doesn't understand basic math

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point Adele won’t top this year end chart as well. It’s what she deserves for releasing the same music over and over again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not some people in here dragging 30 which is selling more than like 99% of any other album released recently :skull:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, antoine_ said:

At this point Adele won’t top this year end chart as well. It’s what she deserves for releasing the same music over and over again.

well, she is definetely topping the PURE sales chart and with a wide margin... thats music people actually pay to listen, so yeah, Im sure she is happy about that one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, antoine_ said:

At this point Adele won’t top this year end chart as well. It’s what she deserves for releasing the same music over and over again.

It likely will be over 2.5 million units

 

Who will do more than that this year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, kitasss_vlc said:

well, she is definetely topping the PURE sales chart and with a wide margin... thats music people actually pay to listen, so yeah, Im sure she is happy about that one

this :cm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, antoine_ said:

At this point Adele won’t top this year end chart as well. It’s what she deserves for releasing the same music over and over again.

Did you even listen to the album :rip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

It likely will be over 2.5 million units

 

Who will do more than that this year?

Yeah, it'll be unlikely that someone will do bigger numbers, Morgan ended the year with 3.2 million and that's with the INSANE longevity he served though 10 months...

 

The only ones I could see doing it are Taylor if 1989 TV turns out to be bigger than Red's or if Olivia releases her next album and even that one is kind of a reach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

It likely will be over 2.5 million units

 

Who will do more than that this year?

Think 30 has a 70-80% chance of getting the Billboard year end #1. 

 

Of the albums currently released Encanto is really the only one that has any chance, but also still 10 months left for something to release. Streaming does take longer to rack up units than pure though. So would probably have to come pretty soon.

 

Its also pretty clear that she wont be #1 by a mile like she was with 21 and 25

Edited by simmnfierzig
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

It absolutely does when the album is already doing well , it boost it even more. And whoever thinks it doesn't is just delusional at this point and doesn't understand basic math

No it doesn't :rip: They can't understand basic maths but it doesn't seem to be your case neither, you don't have more time to stream songs, that's why long albums/songs aren't a good thing for streaming

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Squall said:

No it doesn't :rip: They can't understand basic maths but it doesn't seem to be your case neither, you don't have more time to stream songs, that's why long albums/songs aren't a good thing for streaming

A regular person will literally listen to an album entirely and one time per day on average... Not mass-stream it. So yep more tracks = more streams no matter what you will think

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, antoine_ said:

At this point Adele won’t top this year end chart as well. 

30 will do close to 3M with the promo coming and singles rollouts.. That's what the best selling year-end #1 albums do nowadays. It's almost on-lock at this point
 

5 hours ago, antoine_ said:

 It’s what she deserves for releasing the same music over and over again.

Have you even listened? It's different from anything she released before. Factually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PopFan1996 said:

A regular person will literally listen to an album entirely and one time per day on average... Not mass-stream it. So yep more tracks = more streams no matter what you will think

No it's not the truth, there is a reason the most streamed albums aren't 40 track albums :skull: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love when people understimate Adele... She always ends up surprising and shutting them down. :fan:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2022 at 2:01 PM, antoine_ said:

At this point Adele won’t top this year end chart as well. It’s what she deserves for releasing the same music over and over again.

People who never heard 30 commenting stuff like this :rip:

There's no way someone that actually heard it would say such a thing lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weeknd and Gunna are separated by barely 2k. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets blocked on Billboard. Encanto almost 100k :party:

 

LW TW ARTIST | TITLE | LABEL TOTAL | CHANGE  
-- 1 THE WEEKND | DAWN FM
XO/REPUBLIC
154,240 --
-- 2 GUNNA | DS4EVER
ELEKTRA
151,793 --
1 3 ENCANTO | SOUNDTRACK
WALT DISNEY
98,089 40%
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FINAL NUMBERS:

LgCODjM.png

 

With a less than 3K different, Billboard 200 might just have a different outcome. :hippo:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the Drake song he could have done it and that's with the deluxe of Abel, yeah... his numbers aren't great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...