David Sassoli, EP President, dead at 65

The7thStranger

David_Sassoli_2020_(cropped).jpg

The president of the European Parliament David Sassoli has died, his office announced early on Tuesday morning.

He passed away after a "serious complication" related to his immune system.

"The president of the European Parliament, David Sassoli, passed away at 1.15 a.m. on January 11 at the hospital in Aviano, Italy," his spokesman, Roberto Cuillo said on Twitter. 

"The date and place of the funeral will be communicated in the next few hours," he added.

On Monday, the EU parliament confirmed he had been admitted to hospital in Italy on December 26.

In September 2021, during a plenary session of the parliament, the 65-year-old came down with a bad case of pneumonia.

He was married with two children.

Edited by The7thStranger

EP (European Parliament) President, not EU President... He's basically the EU's Nancy Pelosi, not our Joe Biden.

But RIP.

Edited by Swine

RIP to the Nancy Pelosi of the European Parliament :cries: 

Such a great loss for Europe and for Italy. I always envisioned he would have been an incredible President later on. Tragic how fast his illness went, I hope his legacy will be preserved.

Disgusting how some (far)right vultures are crying his death when they were dragging him ever since he got elected as EP president

On 1/11/2022 at 11:39 AM, BOAZ said:

Such a great loss for Europe and for Italy. I always envisioned he would have been an incredible President later on. Tragic how fast his illness went, I hope his legacy will be preserved.

Disgusting how some (far)right vultures are crying his death when they were dragging him ever since he got elected as EP president

We really lost a good one. After the year we've had, it's awful that we lost somebody on our side.