Is American fascism inevitable?

Armani👑

America have always been fascist. :rip:

I mean, it's an inherently evil imperialist state.

It didn't have to be, but Democrats have utterly failed at being a capable opposition party. I don't see how we come out on the other side of the 2024 election without Donald Trump being re-elected as president after four years of Biden completely tanking every ounce of good will the American people have afforded the Democratic Party by being an incompetent President. And his subordinates, Harris and Buttigieg, are FAR WORSE in every possible way, so it's not like we have any viable alternatives either. :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator

Yes, due to corporate corruption, the lame duck two-party system bought out by corporations, and the fact that a growing sect of the American people are becoming legitimately tired of the current state of politics in America.

America is an oligarchy, driven by corporations, their hangers-on, and the military industrial complex, wbk. 

Facism is not just inevitable, it is a common reality for anyone without enough power to challenge our police state, and it has always been here as @Communionsaid.

They had an insurrection in Germany in November 1923. The ring leader of the insurrection (and his co-conspirators) were arrested and on trial by late February 1924, a little more than 3 months after the insurrection. He was found guilty in April 1924 and sent to jail.

Unfortunately they let him out far too soon, but at least the Germans in the 1920s arrested him, put him on trial and put him in jail. Americans in the 2020s don't even seem to care enough to do that.

On 1/10/2022 at 1:09 AM, YellowRibbon said:

I'm afraid a Theocratic dictatorship could happen instead of a "Nazi Germany"-type of dictatorship... America is obsessed with religion 

perchedt for their Gilead era

but seriously, I hope not... but sure seem to be heading in that direction