Is American fascism inevitable?

Armani👑

January 6th was the 1st attempt to overthrow or destroy the US Capitol since The War of 1812

One year later & Democrats have failed to scale back the political trajectory towards fascism.

The Supreme Court has gutted the Voting Rights Act & The Senate still hasnt budged on reforming the fillibuster

The Build Back Better bill has been shelved, with its modest social safety net improvements & the Child Tax Credit has just expired.

With midterms soon, & Democrats predicted to lose majority, is it safe to say it's over?

I think the only thing we're missing is the military joining forces against US Democracy:skull: 

Yes. I think the country should split in two. 

USA does seem a big mess. Maybe it is time to for the states to "un-unite." They certainly don't seem to be seeing eye to eye. 

Not sure what the solution is really. 

America was already a fascist nation. It literally imported thousands of leftover members of one of the worst fascist regimes in history, Nazi Germany, giving many of them government roles or protection.

America needs to be dismantled for the betterment of its people and the world. it's a violent empire. 

It entirely depends on if Dems want to do something to save election integrity or not.

So far, 'or not' seems to be their goal, unfortunately

The situation is dire, but people shouldn't give up. Never surrender to evil. 

I'm afraid a Theocratic dictatorship could happen instead of a "Nazi Germany"-type of dictatorship... America is obsessed with religion 

The conquer and divide tactic behind the two party system was always the greatest threat to democracy. Both Republican and Democrats are mergers of corporate and state power (which sets the tone for a fascist state). Both parties had to uphold the same imperialist agenda regarding foreign policy (which is inherently fascist) for decades. This is why weapon manufacturing corporate giants like Raytheon, Lockheed and Boeing don’t give a damn about who’s president since both Republican and Democrat candidates will be forced to support their war profiteering industries anyway. The only hope from us escaping an all out fascist state would require STRONG support for 3rd parties and ideologies. The “blue no matter who” or “3rd party is a wasted vote” nonsense is literally anti-democratic rhetoric that only helps enables corporatism (heading on fascism). The US should be way passed that and well onto a multi-party system by now tbh. 

It'll probably happen, and in all honestly, I'm out of here if fascism gets into power

Nothing is inevitable. Have faith in the good in humanity. Fight for your rights and freedom and what’s good and decent.

12 hours ago, Communion said:

America was already a fascist nation. It literally imported thousands of leftover members of one of the worst fascist regimes in history, Nazi Germany, giving many of them government roles or protection.

America needs to be dismantled for the betterment of its people and the world. it's a violent empire. 

:celestial5:

Where are most of the crops grown? Democrat or Republican states?

20 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Did you expect people not living in America to understand the horrors of livong in America first-hand?

25 minutes ago, Dephira said:

People can’t criticise their own country? :skull:

I'd be more worried about where the country's unchecked capitalism and greed is leading it.

Though, I guess you could say the state of politics in the country today is also as a result of the above which has led to politicians who care about pleasing donors and lining their pockets than working for the people. Best of luck to everyone involved though.

Just now, Cain said:

People can’t criticise their own country? :skull:

Personally I wouldn't live in a country that I describe as a "violent empire", especially if living in it is a "horror", but everyone is free to criticize whoever they want. 

These fan-fictions :rip:

13 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Personally I wouldn't live in a country 

I think you'll find that, once you removed class privilege, this largely is not a choice for most people who aren't rich.

20 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Personally I wouldn't live in a country that I describe as a "violent empire", especially if living in it is a "horror", but everyone is free to criticize whoever they want. 

As mentioned above, ‘just’ moving countries isn’t a choice afforded to most. And if one is serious about the change they want to see in their country the best bet they have is to work on that within it instead of fleeing

57 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

These fan-fictions :rip:

You realize some sources arent even considering America a democracy now at the moment.

What fan fiction?:rip:

• ATRL Moderator

America in my view has always been fascist, there's a reason why the most notorious Fascist state of the 20th century literally was inspired by America.

That being said I think it can get worse here, and think it will :katie: 

On 1/9/2022 at 6:53 PM, Communion said:

I agree. And every American should be forced to pay reparations to every country they’ve invaded, and later encamped to think about the evil empire they have supported. The land should then be returned to the Native people, and every American expelled from the country. Of course all Americans are brainwashed. Reminds me of how Nazi Germany had to be de-nazified.