Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 12) | WINNER REVEALED!

rl231

• ATRL Moderator

Extension was granted to Saturday the 19th @ 2 PM EST

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• rl231

• Rotunda

• Anvarie

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

ud544Iv.png?width=1040&height=801

Welcome castaways to your 10th results show! Below will be the evaluations from our four judges. The team with the highest average ticket price will win immunity – all four members! Reminder: these were the four teams:

Teal Team

@VenusFlyTrap  @Ampersand13  @fais_2311  @khalyan

Silver Team

@Anvarie @Red Light  @beatinglikeadrum  @Samsom

Purple Team

@Kayseri Mantisi @Rotunda @Opulent @Acetone

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round. 

With that said, here it is…

• ATRL Moderator
  • ATRL Moderator

First up... @clue

Teal Team

Rihanna - Deliverance

Spoiler

The concept… 

This is so ridiculous and would never happen in real life, so it’s definitely a must-see for me. The concept makes no sense, whatsoever, and I love that. Like is the baby actually the devil? Is this a metaphor meaning her actual unborn baby is the devil since it will likely cause us to have to wait even longer for music from Rihanna? Much to think about… Now onto the setlist… almost none of it makes sense, yet again. Why do we start out with “Disturbia” if she’s supposed to be bright and happy during the Descension part of the show? Why is there a “Love on the Brain” encore? Why is she singing “What’s My Name?” while the devil entrances her? Why is “Needed Me” in the Celebration section? The whole thing is very well put together, visually. It’s just that the concept doesn’t make sense at its heart, and maybe that’s apart of the entry’s charm.

Silver Team

Rihanna - The Countdown

Spoiler

A discernible difference in graphic talent compared to the Teal Team… but whatever. And not all of your tickets costing more than we can afford. Well… it’s over. This is probably the most realistic residency for Rihanna, no real central theme, just her up there singing… so kudos to y’all for that! Also the unreleased songs “Love On A Brain” and “Please Don’t Stop The Music”... I’m intrigued. The setlist is a total disaster. What makes “Kiss It Better” more clubby than “What’s My Name?” or “This Is What You Came For”? What’s “Barbados baby” about “Only Girl (In the World)”? This whole thing is very low effort, and I’m kinda obsessed. Y’all came alive for the outfits, though. I was gagging at the fashun.

Purple Team

Rihanna - Wanted: Dead Or Alive

Spoiler

This concept is A1 and would be closest to what her team would actually put together if she went for a Vegas residency. The fashion was incredible and it perfectly fit the theme you guys selected. The acts read as a movie.. which was really cool. The free stuff, too? Y’all’s imagination snapped… Just flawlessly put together.

• ATRL Moderator

Our entry being read for being too campy on a gay music forum’s imagination contest 

3 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Our entry being read for being too campy on a gay music forum’s imagination contest 

LMFAO

• ATRL Moderator

Next up is @luckystrike, who wrote ESSAYS:

Teal Team

Rihanna - Deliverance

Spoiler

Concept and structure: First things first, I personally don’t think that a residency about her pregnancy sounds very interesting or exciting. The first theme (Descension) felt pretty random to me and not very well thought out, and the whole Deception theme with the devil imagery just felt out of place, I didn’t fully understand what the reason was for it so I feel like it was not really necessary. The other 3 acts that have more of an established theme within the whole pregnancy thing (Conception, Deliverance and Celebration) totally worked for me though, and the whole thing follows a storyline which is a good thing. 

Setlist and costumes: Okay so, as I said already, the first theme just feels like “okay let’s start off with 4 upbeat classics and say she was happy”, don’t have an issue with the flow there, it works. The outfit with the wings is good, but I don’t see how it correlates to the songs in this act. The Conception part is mostly fine too, very straightforward, but I do feel that Love On the Brain kinda doesn’t fit with the other songs in the act? But it does a little? So I’ll give it to you. The outfits are good, but it would make more sense to me to have the dress first and then the lingerie, and now that I think about it maybe I would flip the setlist around in this act too, start with LOTB and end with S&M. Then the diabolical part comes… by this part, the airtime/acrobatics were starting to become too much for me (unless you’re P!nk) (which she is not), and What’s My Name felt kind of out of place to me, I don’t think that the flow here is as good as it was in previous acts, and the look… you can barely see it because she is holding that dog, which I don’t think is part of the outfit right? Because if you planned to have her walk on stage with that poor dog… prison honey. Deliverance is kind of a rollercoaster because you go from LOTB (again? why?) to Don’t Stop the Music which is questionable in an act about a baby being born. You Da One works perfectly but then you go to Work…? Okay working mama, I guess? The look works very well for me, it’s sexy and it gives maternity and stuff. Celebration arrives and Needed Me sticks out like a sore thumb, but Diamonds and We Found Love are immaculate closers for this whole residency theme, so you nailed that. Also in general, I really appreciated those gifs y’all made to showcase how each act would sort of go, I think that was the best part of your whole presentation and it really added a lot to your work.

Aesthetics: Obviously this is not a design competition so no major score deductions will be made based on graphics (at least from me) but I obviously want to comment on it since it took you time and effort. The overall visual feeling I got from the posters was good, you had the best posters out of the 3 teams and I like the fact that you made 3 different ones, but I just wish they were more cohesive because they feel like 3 entirely different concepts. I don’t know if they were all made by different people but I do feel like they lacked cohesiveness. The merch is good, feels serious and regal enough for the theme. The stage designs you described were fine too, not too detailed but detailed enough to give me an idea of what the stage would look like in each act.

Final thoughts: Overall, I think y’all did a pretty decent job, some areas, mainly in the themes for each act, needed a little bit more brainstorming for me but nothing in this was bad bad. As I said in the beginning, I don’t think that the pregnancy theme was ideal for a whole residency considering Rih’s discography but you did what you could with what you had and I think it was a pretty solid, thought out idea. 

Silver Team

Rihanna - The Countdown

Spoiler

Concept and structure: Countdown to what? The world may never know. So, I feel like out of the 3, you definitely had the weakest concept (or lack of). I definitely enjoyed some acts as individuals, but there is no storyline and no overall theme to focus on so that was definitely a big miss for me. With that out of the way, Act 1 and Act 2 had good concepts overall and I enjoyed them, the Barbados act was a little bit more of a reach but it was fine too, then the Broken Heart and Love Again parts felt like the biggest of afterthoughts ever, it just felt so messy to me. This residency would get panned by critics and stan twitter. 

Setlist and costumes: I enjoyed your setlist as a whole to a certain extent, I think that most of the songs flow nicely into each other. Some songs are quite out of place though, mostly in the Club and Barbados sections, I would swap like half of them according to the theme of the acts, but the rest works fine for me, I like that you used some of her collabs like TIWYCF, LTWYL, AOTL and WTC which were snubbed by your fellow teams. The looks… whew, definitely the best part of your entry. I love how y’all even gave us microphones for each look, I was gagging at the looks because they embodied the themes so well and they were also very stunning AND realistically something Rihanna would wear to perform.

Aesthetics: Obviously this is not a design competition so no major score deductions will be made based on graphics (at least from me) but I obviously want to comment on it since it took you time and effort. The poster is like… okay? But since there is not a specific theme, it’s unfortunately giving me nothing. Those 3 stage pictures you added also don’t really give me anything, I can barely see anything on them that adds something other than a picture of a stage. The mood boards were what really helped though, I liked the theming for the first 3 acts, you painted a very clear picture in my head of what the stage would look like in those sets, but by Act 4 it started to feel a little lazy, it felt like you just threw some last pictures you had saved and called it a day, which I guess makes sense since those 2 “broken hearted/love again” themes felt like afterthoughts initially.

Final thoughts: I really wish you had put more thought, time and team effort into this because it had potential to be so good with a solid, established theme. I thought maybe you could’ve done something like nature themed and make her go through several biomes like the Barbados jungle you had which would’ve worked way better with songs like Pour It Up and Rude Boy, then maybe for the sad/dark parts some snowy barren mountains with songs like Stay and Russian Roulette, a desert with sandstorms with Where Have You Been and Desperado…endless possibilities if y’all had brainstormed a bit more. But I appreciate the effort, there were some better parts like the fashion and mood boards, which made this salvageable at best.

Purple Team

Spoiler

Concept and structure: You had the best concept out of the 3 teams by a landslide, I can totally see Rihanna doing something like this, maybe for a music video or something (did she kill someone in the Needed Me video? I think so, queen). Your concept was so fun and works perfectly for a residency theme. I loved the fact that you even created a new album and single for her to perform and theme this around, and all the promotion slots and planning leading up to the residency were also an amazing detail. There were points in the story where I felt like you had TOO much story content and I got a little confused, specifically around Act 4, but that’s just a minor irrelevant issue for me since the entire concept and structure of this was so well thought out. 

Setlist and costumes: I was gagged at the setlist honestly, I think you did a fantastic job at picking the songs for each act, they all work perfectly well for the storyline, and they all flow so well into each other and transition pretty well into the different sections, and I also loved the fact that you used some deeper album cuts like Wait Your Turn and Same Ol’ Mistakes, they give your setlist more variety compared to the other teams. When it comes to the looks, I wish you would’ve put a little bit more effort in telling us which look was for which act, the looks you showed alone are all very good though, but I do wish you explained with more detail the purpose of the looks because it would have given each act a lot more realism.

Aesthetics: Obviously this is not a design competition so no major score deductions will be made based on graphics (at least from me) but I obviously want to comment on it since it took you time and effort. The residency poster is like… fine, I wish you had spent a little more time on it and added something else to it because it is too simple, but again, it’s not a design competition so what matters is that you completed the task. The merch on the other hand, I really liked. I think that the pictures you used encapsulate the vibe of the residency perfectly and I love the Fenty rep. The stage designs were also pretty fine, a bit too many maybe but obviously they all make perfect sense in the vein of the theme. Now the detailed description of each performance… y’all went IN! The sole fact that you described how each song’s performance would go was great, but the pictures added a lot and I was able to perfectly picture how every performance would go and follow the storyline very well. The effort was great and it paid off amazingly for me. 

Final thoughts: Well, you obviously had the best package of the 3 teams, it was the most complete and also the most interesting theme wise. I don’t know if it was a team effort or if someone did everything by themselves but the vision was clear and it paid off. Overall I don’t have anything bad to say about this entry, all the minor details that I mentioned were just me nitpicking and trying to comment on everything I could, but you obviously rose up to the challenge and I appreciate it since I know how tedious these kinds of challenges can be.

• ATRL Moderator

Next up is @Not Like The Movies

Teal Team

Rihanna - Deliverance

Hide contents

This team is hands down the best team visually, I can tell that a lot of time and work was put into this show with respect to the visual effects which I appreciate because I am the person that love intricacies and creativity. My issue with this show however is that the concept is lacking some sort of clarity and coherence. For example, in the set list some of the songs chosen for their specific segment do not really fit that segment therefore, I think some more thought should have went into the setlist aspect to ensure that it would make more sense and would actually be executed better conceptually. Additionally, I know this is Vegas and artists tend to take it up a notch in their Vegas shows however, we all know that Rihanna is more of a relaxed and chilled type of performer therefore, I do not see her doing some of the tricks and stunts in this show, however I admire the risks y’all took because it makes the consumer want to go see the show and it also adds to the spectacle and appeal of the show but there needed to be a better balance of the chill Rihanna persona with the avant garde stunts. Overall, this is a really solid effort and I really commend this group for the phenomenal effort visually but more needed to be done in terms of the concept, tracklist and if the show fits the chosen artist. 

Silver Team

Rihanna - The Countdown

Hide contents

Oh y’all absolutely ate the fashion up! I love all the fashion pieces that was put together for this residency and most of the looks I can definitely see fashion queen Rih wearing. However, it appears to me that all the time was spent designing these outfits because everything else is lackadaisical and lackluster. As a fellow island gyal, the Barbados Baby section has me disappointed with the selection of songs because Rih has many other Caribbean inspired songs in her discography which could have been used in that act, I think the Barbados baby and club acts should have been put together and something else could have been there. I think the low effort showcased does fit the chilled and relaxing charisma of Rihanna but this is Vegas and I just needed a bit more creativity and stronger execution. The mood board photos are great but some worded explanation of the concepts would have solidified those concepts and there was barely any sort of wording. I really wish as much time for concept was given like the fashion because y’all would have done much much better. However, I admire the attempt and decent job!

Purple Team

Hide contents

Wait a minute, is an actual person on her team in this group? Because chile this is such a brilliant show. It flows exceptionally, the transitions into the various sets with the songs used were meticulously planned and organized. Like everything flows so well and fits perfectly, I am amazed that y’all came up with such a strong concept and I also love that it fits her so well. I love creativity and originality but for a challenge like this, making it work for the artists was crucial and i think this team really executed this excellently. The visuals here is not as strong as the other two groups which is fine because I understand that not everyone can design and execute visuals however, y’all absolutely made up for it with the coherent setlist and transitions. Aditionally, I love that there was a storyline and it made complete sense and it was not difficult to keep up with. With stronger visuals, I would have given the $100 but this is absolutely the strongest group conceptually, I am gagging. Well done! 

• ATRL Moderator

And finally, @supaspaz:

Teal Team

Rihanna - Deliverance

Hide contents

I appreciate your creativity, but this is…not great. A residency about Rihanna possibly giving birth to the Antichrist? It sounds terrible. The setlist is also insane thematically. Why are you opening with “Disturbia” if the first section is supposed to be happy and innocent? Why is she asking the Devil to “Stay”? Why does she perform “Love On the Brain” twice? I would not be attending this show. That said, your team put in the work for this challenge. From the posters and the merchandise to the looks and especially the GIFs, the effort was there! I just wish it was in support of a better concept.

Silver Team

Rihanna - The Countdown

Hide contents

First of all, you knocked it out of the park with the costumes. I can see the vision and it is stunning. But…what is this show? And I mean that quite literally. Outside of a title and tagline (which was very cute, by the way!), you gave us no real sense of what this residency is supposed to be. Is there a reason Rihanna would be opening a career retrospective with, of all things, “Shut Up and Drive”? I love that song more than almost anyone. It would be my first routine if I ever have to turn to stripping to get by in this life. But without even a minimal explanation of your concept, it’s a truly baffling decision for an artist with more than a dozen #1 hits! And, unfortunately, it encapsulates how slapdash this entry ultimately feels.

Purple Team

Hide contents

You all put your whole bussies into this. I want Rihanna’s team to hire you immediately. This concept is original, thoughtfully conceived and feels like something that I could actually see Rihanna doing. (Well, maybe it’s a bit more work.mp3 than she’d ever be willing to put in, but we can dream, right?) Let me know when the show is launching, because I’ll be booking my tickets to Vegas.

"Countdown to what? The world may never know."

"I appreciate your creativity, but this is…not great. A residency about Rihanna possibly giving birth to the Antichrist? It sounds terrible."

I - :bibliahh:

• ATRL Moderator

FINAL RESULTS

Teal Team

Rihanna - Deliverance

Spoiler
  • Clue - $85
  • luckystrike - $65
  • Movies - $80
  • supaspaz - $65

AVERAGE: $73.75

Silver Team

Rihanna - The Countdown

Spoiler
  • Clue - $25
  • luckystrike - $40
  • Movies - $50
  • supaspaz - $30

AVERAGE: $36.25

Purple Team

Spoiler
  • Clue - $100
  • luckystrike - $90
  • Movies - $95
  • supaspaz - $100

AVERAGE: $96.25

Which means...

Spoiler

Congratulations to the purple team on winning immunity!

@Acetone @Kayseri Mantisi @Opulent @Rotunda

This was a very intensive and high stakes challenge. The 4 of you are now part of the top 10!

Yes, I said top ten.... and there are twelve of you.

This is a double elimination round.

Here's how it works: each of you will cast a single vote. The two people with the most votes received will be voted off and sent to the jury. If there is a tie between two or more people, a revote will be held between them as options. You can not vote for Acetone, Kayseri, Opulent, or Rotunda.

Votes and item plays are due at 9 PM EST on Tuesday, February 22.

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Stevie said:

"Countdown to what? The world may never know."

"I appreciate your creativity, but this is…not great. A residency about Rihanna possibly giving birth to the Antichrist? It sounds terrible."

I - :bibliahh:

I don’t think that judge even read our entry if that’s what their thought was :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator
52 minutes ago, khalyan said:

That was meant to be camp?

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, supaspaz said:

That was meant to be camp?

Camp Rock maybe

• ATRL Moderator

ud544Iv.png?width=1040&height=801

RANKINGS UPDATE

@VenusFlyTrap  @Ampersand13  @fais_2311  @khalyan

@Anvarie @Red Light  @beatinglikeadrum  @Samsom

@Kayseri Mantisi @Rotunda @Opulent @Acetone

Our first two rounds of the merge have been a little different with the way the challenges were scored/ranked! Here is the breakdown of your scores from the last 2 rounds, and how they impact your overall averages.

Round 9: Bring the Bridge Back

Each ranked position is given a corresponding score on the scale of 10 points. First place gets 10 points, 2nd/3rd get 9.5, and we keep descending until we get to last place with a 6.0 score. The number in green is the score going into your average:

1. Red Light - Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time - 3.09 - 10
  2. Anvarie - Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - 3.27 - 9.5
  3. Acetone - TLC - Red Light Special - 3.45 - 9.5
  4. Rotunda - Christina Aguilera - What a Girl Wants - 4.55 - 9
  5. beatinglikeadrum - Madonna - Vogue - 5.00 - 9
  6. khalyan - Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever - 5.64 - 8.5
  7. VenusFlyTrap - Fiona Apple - Criminal - 7.91 - 8
  8. Ampersand13 - Shania Twain - From This Moment On (Pop-On Tour Version) - 8.45 - 7.5
  9. Golden Hour - Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills - 9.18 - 7
  10. Samsom- Ciega Sordomuda - Shakira - 9.27 - 6.5
  11. Opulent - Nek - Laura no està - 9.82 - 6.5
  12. Kayseri Mantisi - Fiona Apple - The Way Things Are - 10.00 - 6
  13. fais_2311 - Toni Braxton - I Don't Want To - 11.36 - 6

Round 10: Waking Up In Vegas

The first place team will receive a score of 10.

The second place team will receive a score of 8.

The last place team will receive a score of 6.

1. Acetone - 10

1. Kayseri Mantisi - 10

1. Opulent - 10

1. Rotunda - 10

_______

5. Ampersand13 - 8

5. fais_2311 - 8

5. Khalyan - 8

5. VenusFlyTrap - 8

______

9. Anvarie - 6

9. beatinglikeadrum - 6

9. Red Light - 6

9. Samsom - 6

Overall Averages (thru Round 10)

1. Rotunda - 9.13

2. Anvarie - 8.79

3. Opulent - 8.58

4. Acetone - 8.18

5. Golden Hour - 8.06

6. Samsom - 7.80

7. Ampersand13 - 7.57

8. Kayseri Mantisi - 7.56

9. khalyan - 7.50

10. fais_2311 - 7.46

11. beatinglikeadrum - 7.24

12 .Red Light - 7.20

13. VenusFlyTrap - 6.38

And there you have it!!

• ATRL Moderator

NO TRIBAL COUNCIL QUESTIONS THIS ROUND!!

This is my gift after that difficult challenge x

1 hour ago, Element said:

NO TRIBAL COUNCIL QUESTIONS THIS ROUND!!

This is my gift after that difficult challenge x

they weren’t going to do them anyway ! ?

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Guero said:

I would have ?

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Guero said:

I would have ?

• ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, Element said:

Camp Rock maybe

Gjlgjdhshs bitch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.