Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 12) | WINNER REVEALED!

rl231

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• rl231

• Rotunda

• Anvarie

Top Posters In This Topic

Seventh and final vote...

And the 11th person voted out of this game and 1st member of our jury...

Spoiler

pk56MPg.png

Marvin, the tribe has spoken.

QIebXtk.thumb.gif.5f13a2560a3807558c0373

Thanks for playing!

Next challenge coming up shortly.

• ATRL Moderator

WHY?!

ud544Iv.png?width=1040&height=801

Castaways, welcome to the ninth challenge of Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 12) and your FIRST as a merged tribe!!

uvClRNG.png

Welcome Tribe Kaliakra!

Before we get started with the challenge, I wanted to preface something right now. We are now at the MERGE phase of this game. What this means is that this has now become an individual game, and there'll be NO MORE TRIBES! You will be playing for yourself (which you should've been doing anyways), and you'll also be going to Tribal Council where you'll have to vote someone out every round until we get to the Final Tribal Council. At Final Tribal Council, the people who were eliminated, starting with Marvin up until the final person voted out at final 4, will vote for a winner, based on their social, strategic, and physical game (amidst other things). There'll be twists and DIFFERENT challenges, meaning variation and some non-music-based challenges. Buckle up! Now, onto the challenge...

The theme for Round 9 is...

Bring the Bridge Back

Again and again and again and agaaaaaaaaaaaaain

This challenge is an ATRL Survivor classic (and my personal favorite). You guys will not send in a full song. We are focusing on only the bridges of songs this round. Your job is to find a bridge you believe elevates a track to a perfect climax before the final chorus. The panel will be judging not based on how well we like the track rather than how the bridge helps the track become a complete package. For example, some great songs have weak bridges so just because your song is great will not guarantee a high mark. If you land in the top 3 of the final rankings, you will be IMMUNE from Tribal Council and cannot be voted out.

NOTE: This song must have been released in the 90s decade (so 1990 through 1999). It also cannot be a song by Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston's I'm Your Baby Tonight, or Radiohead's Paranoid Android.

You need to DM us on Discord the Spotify link, as well as the times of the bridge and the lyrics for it to be considered a full, official entry. If you only do part of this, it will be incomplete and can be taken by someone else. 

What To Do:

Once your song is selected, DM both of the hosts the artist and title of your song, as well as the times of the bridge, the lyrics, and a link. You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

We encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

As always, you CANNOT change your song once you submit.

Take Into Consideration:

The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.

The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.

The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

The example bridge for this round is "Enchanted" by Taylor Swift off her third album 'Speak Now'. This bridge was used by S4 castaway holyground for this very same round where he swept the competition gaining the highest overall mark for the round. The bridge to Enchanted fully elevates the track to a climax before the final chorus settles in on this fan favorite album track of Taylor's.

Entries are due at 7 PM EDT on Friday, February 11th - good luck!

ud544Iv.png?width=1040&height=801

Welcome castaways to your 9th results show! Below will be the rankings per judge (all 11 of them, including us the hosts AND @dussymob!). The top three with the highest averages will win immunity at Tribal Council.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round. 

Acetone TLC - Red Light Special (2:46 - 3:45)
Ampersand13 Shania Twain - From This Moment On (Pop-On Tour Version) (2:07 - 3:01)
Anvarie Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing (2:38 - 3:16)
beatinglikeadrum Madonna - Vogue (3:41 - 4:20)
fais_2311 Toni Braxton - I Don't Want To (2:40 - 3:01)
Golden Hour Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills
Kayseri Mantisi Fiona Apple - The Way Things Are (1:35 - 2:35)
khalyan Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever (2:38 - 3:15)
Opulent Nek - Laura no està (2:12 - 3:10)
Red Light Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time (2:06 - 2:46)
Rotunda Christina Aguilera - What a Girl Wants (1:55 - 2:43)
Samsom Ciega Sordomuda - Shakira (2:56 - 3:29)
VenusFlyTrap Fiona Apple - Criminal (2:31 - 3:10)

With that said, here it is…

• ATRL Moderator

?

@Auburn

janet-avi-lossy.thumb.gif.8c1107a8b4b4b5

Some of these entries…

Shania Twain - From This Moment On

I think the bridge here does its job very well. Starting with the guitar solo it continuously builds until finally it explodes into the final chorus. To me, that makes it a success.

Fiona Apple - The Way Things Are

While I do love this song, I don’t think it’s the strongest entry for this round. It doesn’t bring the song to a definable climax, it just goes back to the same pace again for another 2 minutes.

Toni Braxton - I Don't Want To

This feels… insignificant.

Fiona Apple - Criminal

This peaks the song very nicely and we sort of feel like we’re being ushered by her into the final chorus of the song which is great. What I love about this one is the lyrics tie the whole story of the song together.

Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills

Relying solely on ad-libs to elevate an already used pre-chorus is not smart here, it’s just not enough sorry.

Madonna - Vogue

Find me a gay who doesn’t know all the words to this bridge! Anyway, it’s good, it really takes the song to the next level.

Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time

Is it an uninspired choice? Yes, but it doesn’t matter, because it’s bringing the song to the perfect climax before the final chorus.

TLC - Red Light Special

I really like how this one feels like it’s switching up the song, a bit annoyed that you cut off the bridge before the guitar solo was over in your submission though. Interesting decision.

Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

Another great bridge that really provides a switch up from the rest of the song. I think this is even stronger though. A great choice.

Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever

I’ve always loved this bridge, because it’s a bridge you can sing along to the first time you listen to it without using a part of the song we’ve already heard. 

Nek - Laura no està

We love a risk taker! I think this is very good. Is it the best choice here? No, but it’s not the worst either.

Christina Aguilera - What a Girl Wants

Period.

Shakira - Ciega Sordomuda

I love this, it’s such a great change that really elevates the song without detracting from it. Trumpet solo as well >>> :katie2:

Rankings:

1. Christina Aguilera - What a Girl Wants

2. Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

3. Shania Twain - From This Moment On

4. Shakira - Ciega Sordomuda

5. Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time

6. Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever

7. Fiona Apple - Criminal 

8. Madonna - Vogue

9. TLC - Red Light Special 

10. Nek - Laura no està

11. Fiona Apple - The Way Things Are

12. Toni Braxton - I Don't Want To

13. Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills

@boys

593097047_ezgif.com-gif-maker(9).thumb.g

I have no thoughts on this tbh it came and went.

Nice bridge.

It was cute but not exciting.

Fiona Apple - Criminal

It was nice.

Definitely made me sing along and roll my neck a few times.

Madonna - Vogue

Timeless.

The slow build… I LOVE this woman.

TLC - Red Light Special

Made me want to go on freak twitter, good job.

They ate.

This was refreshing. I quite enjoyed it.

Nek - Laura no està

I liked the first few seconds then not the rest.

It had hints of things I liked in it but I wasn’t crazy about it as a whole

This scared me.

Rankings:

1. Britney Spears - BOMT

2. Aerosmith - I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing

3. Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever

4. Madonna - Vogue

5. TLC - Red Light Special

6. Fiona - The Way Things Are

7. Xtina - What A Girl Wants

8. Fiona - Criminal

9. Destiny’s Children - Bills, Bills, Bills

10. Toni Braxton - I Don’t Want To

11. Shania - From This Moment

12. Nek - Laura no esta

13. Shakira - Ciega Sordomuda

@clue

anigif.thumb.gif.dd867ae3d4fdbcbbbb8b73b

The biggest “moment” came when the bridge ended and the final chorus came in. Not a strong pick for me.

One of my favorite Fiona Apple songs, lemme just say. This bridge is definitely a “moment” in the song. There’s a plateau that comes.

Cute. There’s a splash here, but it’s not super dramatic.

Fiona Apple - Criminal

Similar bridge to The Way Things Are’s. I see why you sent it.

This is a sing-a-long moment. Nice pick. However, is it the best I’ve heard so far? Not really.

Madonna - Vogue

This is so ******* gay and iconic. Definitely one of the most iconic bridges of all time. I think you knew you had a slay when you picked this, sistren! I’m so slayed boots.

A more successful sing-a-long moment than “Bills, Bills, Bill”, for me. Really solid pick.

TLC - Red Light Special

One of their best songs. The bridge goes places, it’s good.

Corny as **** and impactful.

Didn’t really do much for me. It’s a sing-a-long, but there’s no “moment” for me.

Nek - Laura no està

Nobody was killed.

Really fun and iconic bridge.

This was cute. Wasn’t the best for me, though.

Rankings:
1. I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing

2. Vogue
3. …Baby One More Time
4. What a Girl Wants

5. The Way Things Are

6. Red Light Special
7. Criminal
8. Bills, Bills, Bills

9. Ciega, Sordomuda

10. I Don’t Want To
11. From This Moment On

12. I Love You Always Forever
13. Laura no està

@dussymob

724189769_tenor(1).thumb.gif.e67eddf63d8

It’s okay but I don't feel like it elevated the song for me. 

Weird choice. Was this really the best you could find? 

Not sure if I ever heard this song before but it’s nice and smooth but the bridge is nothing special IMO. It’s just a simple bridge. 

Fiona Apple - Criminal

This is kinda a mid choice for me. 

I don’t see how this was a good choice. The song is fantastic but the bridge did nothing for me. 

Madonna - Vogue

Honestly this is not my thing, it seems like a runway type of song. I’m gonna agree with rl that this didn’t have the same elevation I was looking for. 

Now this is a good choice much better than Vogue, you get the points right. 

TLC - Red Light Special

One of their best songs and the bridge is a powerhouse, great choice! (Was the time stamp off for this one though)

You hit the mark with this one and I love this song. 

I was so disappointed it didn’t go further with this bridge because the beginning was a great setup to elevate to higher lights but it remained kinda static. Still probably the best part of the song so points for that. 

Nek - Laura no està

I actually like this bridge and even though I don’t understand anything but then the second half went nowhere so idk. 

This bridge brought me through a rollercoaster and a good one. This is one of the better choices honestly. 

Not a fan. 

Rankings:

1. TLC - Red Light Special

2. Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

3. Christina Aguilera - What a Girl Wants

4. Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time

5. Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever

6. Nek - Laura no està

7. Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills

8. Fiona Apple - Criminal

9. Shania Twain - From This Moment On (Pop-On Tour Version)

10. Toni Braxton - I Don't Want To

11. Fiona Apple - The Way Things Are 

12. Madonna - Vogue

13. Shakira - Ciega Sordomuda

RANKINGS SO FAR:

1. Anvarie - 1.75

2. Red Light - 3.25

3. Rotunda - 3.75

4. Acetone - 5.25

5. beatinglikeadrum - 6.5

5. khalyan - 6.5

7. VenusFlyTrap - 7.5

8. Kayseri Mantisi - 8.25

9. Ampersand13 - 8.5

10. Golden Hour - 9.25

11. Samsom - 9.75

12. Opulent - 10.25

13. fais_2311 - 10.5

• ATRL Moderator

???

@Element

u1Epj2h.thumb.gif.ff8771fff4b8b838ec8a59

The production build-up throughout this bridge makes it pretty effective to me. The strings especially are an excellent! Her vocals are earnest and memorable. The melody being very similar to the previous section is a bit of a detractor, but overall I think it’s a pretty good bridge.

I actually didn’t even realize this was the bridge on the first listen. That’s never a good indication!! It blended a lot into the rest of the song and didn’t feel like too much of a build up. 

This was pleasant, but it was very short and basically the same as the rest of the song. A blink of an eye.

Fiona Apple - Criminal

I think that she creates pretty decent tension throughout the bridge. Nice lyrics too. The transition back into the chorus is fine… it’s a bit of a quick flip back. I think this entry suffers from the fact that there are 2 minutes of song after the bridge. It doesn’t necessarily feel like we’re building up to a grand finale.

Personally, I enjoy the rise and fall of the melody, and find it engaging how they layered production and vocal stems on certain words to emphasize and draw them out. I think it’s a nice little break from the rest of the song; however, its weaknesses are also apparent. We already heard the melody in the pre-chorus. It’s very repetitive lyrically (and a bit sonically)... and it really doesn’t build up to anything. The final chorus just starts.

Madonna - Vogue

Obviously this bridge is iconic!! I would say that within the context and goals of this challenge, I don’t necessarily know if it leads up to any big climax. Is it an effective switch from the rest of the song? Yes, and it definitely captures the listeners’ attention. 

Literally a masterclass in pop perfection. You knew you ate when you snatched this song. The production being taken away abruptly and switching to tender piano, followed by the slight reintroduction of percussion and bass… then the full BURST of instrumentation. Exquisite, divine, flawless. Max Martin’s technique of inverting the chorus and using it as a different sounding section of song is one of my all time favorite things in a song. It’s such a brilliant hallmark of the late 90s/early 2000s and I NEED it to come back. BOMT and Oops are great examples of this. So so so so good.  Ugh. 

TLC - Red Light Special

A very impressive bridge! It has a lovely rise and fall and captures you immediately. That guitar solo at the end is phenomenal, sensual, and really gets everything in line for the final chorus of the song. Great choice!

I mean… it’s a classic. They did an excellent job of building up the drama and intrigue throughout the bridge, and the climax is pretty much a perfect example of how it should be for such an anthem!

Whew, this is honestly such a great song and the bridge is no exception!! Definitely one to sing your heart out to. This one is interesting in that the bridge is kind of the big finale and then the last chorus is calm, in comparison. I think it’s very effective as a switch-up from the rest. 

Nek - Laura no està

I think this is a pretty good entry! It’s tough with a lot of other strong ones in the running. There’s a clear melodic and tempo change from the rest of the song that captures the listener’s attention. His vocals are dramatic and he builds up to a climactic moment. I liked it.

Very nice bridge! It’s a solid switch-up from the rest of the song and has dramatic vocal production/harmonization. The big final note blends seamlessly into that 10 second stripped breakdown of the chorus. Really nice choice.

This one was… strange. I don’t know how I feel about it lol. It was definitely like an interesting moment, but I don’t necessary feel like it was climactic. 

Rankings:

1. Britney Spears - …Baby One More Time

2. Aerosmith - I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing

3. TLC - Red Light Special

4. Christina Aguilera - What A Girl Wants

5. Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever

6. Shania Twain - From This Moment On

7. Nek - Laura no està

8. Madonna - Vogue

9. Fiona Apple - Criminal

10. Destiny’s Child - Bills, Bills, Bills

11. Shakira - Ciega Sordomuda

12. Toni Braxton - I Didn’t Want To

13. Fiona Apple - The Way Things Are

@Gateau

2RMqUxo.thumb.gif.79f41c3a3a0dba7912a1d5

I'm a bit surprised you sent this because this is like.... the most Okay-est bridge ever. Its not bad its not great, it just is. 

girl. where is the flair?

ummmm meh. short and doesnt deliver the iconnery necessary for a win. you could have came with a bit more oomph from toni.

Fiona Apple - Criminal

somewhat dynamic but doesn't quite hit it

ummmmmm. yeah no. snooze!

Madonna - Vogue

YUP YUP YUP. clearly YOU understood the assignment.

when I saw this, I thought "how basic..." but you did good. that'll do, pig. that'll do.

TLC - Red Light Special

loves it ! i swear this song gets submitted so often and it always slays in whatever category. Weddings, birthdays, funerals.

I love this damn song. The bridge though? idk. it just feels like another verse. Its not like, earth shattering. The rest of the song is though.

I read the list of songs when I recieved them yesterday, didn't even listen to a single one. Yet just reading the title of this song meant this has been playing in my head from the minute I woke up to the moment I'm writing this now. SMH! However the brilliance of this song... is not in its bridge mawma. this is mid !

Nek - Laura no està

i see what you were TRYING to do. dramatic, soaring vocals. but it just didn't hit hard enough. lacked a lil bit of a PUNCH

lmao this is so unexpected. like from the idea someone would see "amazing bridges" and think "ah, what a girl wants!" (one of the most forgettable background noise songs ever) to the way i listened to it and thought it would go into an obvious direction. that fakeout highnote?? those instrumentals?? whew. never knew where My Spraytan was heading next!! surprising. you did okay.

Meh.

Rankings:

1. Madonna - Vogue

2. TLC - Red Light Special

3. Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time

4. Aerosmith - Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing

5. Christina Aguilera - What A Girl Wants

7. Shania Twain - From THis Moment On 

8. Nek - Laura No Esta

9. Fiona - Apple Criminal 

10. Destiny’s Child - Bills Bills Bills

11. Toni Braxton - I Don’t Want To

12. Shakira - Ciega Soramuda

@luckystrike

ezgif-3-19a0dbc25968.thumb.gif.ffd67aae2

I don’t feel like the bridge elevates the song a lot, it’s certainly a nice moment with the guitar solo but it wasn’t necessarily too outstanding to me. 

It’s a very nice and smooth transition to the next chorus but it doesn't feel like a highlight moment of the song to me. 

It’s way too short to make an impact on the song or elevate it, it’s just there.

Fiona Apple - Criminal

Similarly to the other Fiona song submitted, it for sure is a nice moment in the song but doesn’t quite help elevate the song a lot, although I like this choice a little more, it felt a bit more dynamic.

Hm. I don’t see how this bridge elevates the song, the chorus alone in this is immaculate and iconic and the main/biggest part of the song so the bridge definitely does nothing for me.

Madonna - Vogue

Such a moment in the song, adds to the iconicity of the song for sure. 

Weddings, graduations, funerals, etc etc.

TLC - Red Light Special

Delicious bridge, feels like the perfect climax.

The way it explodes into the last chorus… whew. It has always been classic material, good job.

It gets the job done, not as strong as some other songs in here but the bridge definitely gives this an extra layer that I enjoyed.

Nek - Laura no està

Screaming at this classic from my childhood, my parents had this on their playlist or something. Kudos for the risk, I definitely think this bridge adds a bit to the song, it’s not the strongest but it does feel like a moment.

A damn good bridge, she ate.

This song is such a classic but I’ve never been a fan of the bridge. It definitely takes the song somewhere else but not precisely to a good place, although I see why you sent it.

Rankings:

2. Britney Spears - …Baby One More Time

3. Madonna - Vogue

4. Aeorsmith - I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing

5. Christina Aguilera - What a Girl Wants

7. Nek - Laura No Está

8. Fiona Apple - Criminal

9. Shakira - Ciega Sordomuda

10. Fiona Apple - The Way Things Are

11. Shania Twain - From This Moment On

12. Destiny’s Child - Bills Bills Bills

13. Toni Braxton - I Don’t Want To

@Not Like The Movies

2088666561_ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).thumb.

I love this song and I do find this is a good bridge with the instrumentation and her vocals, it could have elevated the song a bit more but I do personally think it’s a solid bridge. 

I do like the instrumentation in the bridge but other than that, this bridge does not elevate this song in my opinion, not the best pick in my opinion. 

She’s such a strong vocalist but this bridge did not do much in terms of elevation purposes for me, it’s far from the weakest entry here but I needed more. 

Fiona Apple - Criminal

A really nice song but this bridge literally adds nothing much to the song. It’s just there with the rest of the song, I don’t see any spark and accentuation. 

Classic. The ad libs and vocal acrobatics in this bridge along with the very catchy lyrics sells this for me and I do think that this is a very strong bridge and entry. 

Madonna - Vogue

ICONIC Excellent entry, this bridge is everything! Timeless indeed, you slayed this. 

It’s a nice bridge, not a standout in this round for me because other bridges elevated their song more but this is still a very good bridge. 

TLC - Red Light Special

Winner winner chicken dinner, this bridge is the perfect choice for this challenge to me. 

This classic… honestly this bridge is really strong and puts this repetitive bop to another level, strong entry. 

This is a nice song, lemme save it. The bridge is super cute and fulfills the bridge aspect, it could be stronger but not bad at all. 

Nek - Laura no està

It’s a decent bridge, I don’t find it elevates the song that much but it’s decent. 

You ate this up, an extremely strong bridge, the vocals on this are insane, I am living, it definitely elevates the song significantly. 

I love this song!! The bridge is also really strong with the type of fast singing and the instrumentation. I think this is quite strong. 

Rankings:

2. Madonna - Vogue

3. Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

4. Shakira - Ciega Sordomuda

5. Christina Aguilera - What a Girl Wants

6. Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills

7. Shania Twain - From This Moment On (Pop-On Tour Version)

8. Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time

9. Toni Braxton - I Don't Want To

10. Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever

11. Fiona Apple - Criminal

12. Nek - Laura no està

Rankings So Far:

1. Red Light - 2.50

2. Anvarie - 3.38

3. Acetone - 3.50

4. Rotunda - 4.25

5. beatinglikeadrum - 5.00

6. khalyan - 6.63

7. VenusFlyTrap - 8.13

8. Ampersand13 - 8.38

9. Golden Hour - 9.38

9. Samsom - 9.38

9. Opulent - 9.38

12. Kayseri Mantisi - 10.25

13. fais_2311 - 10.88

Edited by rl231

@rl231

59bc1da891d08_ezgif.com-resize(1).thumb.

I’m a sucker for guitar solos, so this hits mostly. There is something so delightfully 90s about this song and the bridge that I appreciate.

Honestly, this didn’t really do it for me. I don’t think it was the true “moment” of the song and wasn’t a highlight.

Yeah...................................there were better songs.

Fiona Apple - Criminal

Better than the other Fiona song for me! There was more drama and variance that I thought made up a great bridge.

I’m conflicted because I feel like the bridge was solid, but I wasn’t elevated to that final chorus. As an aside, this song has one of the smoothest choruses in life (but this round is all about the bridge!). 

Madonna - Vogue

Going against the grain, but I really didn’t get it. I don’t think spoken word is the best option for a round like this. A bridge should have variance in vocals, production, etc. and Madonna was literally listing brands people?????????

A great, great bridge! Props on props on props. Many people tried to submit, but you did!

TLC - Red Light Special

So I’ve never heard this song, but THE BRIDGE!! Killing it. I appreciated the slow build and the journey I was taken on to that final chorus. 

This song gets a bad rap for a variety of reasons (a few valid). The bridge is pretty stellar, mostly. I was wanting a little more build-up in Steven Tyler’s vocals, but it’s still great.

I’ve never heard this song, but the bridge is definitely the moment of the song, and it works super well. Like ridiculously well. Like damn.

Nek - Laura no està

One of the only dudes submitted, which is already daring! And in Spanish, so double daring! Pretty effective of a bridge too but my only complaint was the dip in the second half. I much prefer a build if there’s a dip.

Pretty damn effective of a bridge. Classic late 90s, but freaking effective.

So I didn’t know that Shakira has released songs for a WHILE. I thought she became famous in the 2000s, but I’m wrong as hell. But I think the bridge is pretty solid, especially the trumpet solo. It might be a me thing, but still, very solid.

Rankings:

1. ...Baby One More Time

2. I Love You Always Forever

3. Red Light Special

4. What a Girl Wants

5. I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing

6. From This Moment On

7. Criminal

8. Ciega Sordomuda

9. Laura no está

10. Bills, Bills, Bills

11. The Way Things Are

12. Vogue

13. I Don’t Want To

@boys

593097047_ezgif.com-gif-maker(9).thumb.g

The bridge is okay, it builds very slowly, like a slow walk uphill, her vocal blast at the end of the bridge is the only thing that really stood out.

I like the instrumental lead up to the 2nd half of the song, it goes hard, nice choice.

It's fine, not really blown away, kinda just there for me.

Fiona Apple - Criminal

The bridge mostly hits for me, cute choice.

I like the attitude, they get more intense after the bridge too, so it’s a nice lil bridge for me.

Madonna - Vogue

A classic bridge, very memorable and one of the best pop song bridges.

I love the drama of this bridge, it works really well for me, also a classic.

TLC - Red Light Special

I think your bridge times are a little off, but I've always loved this sultry sexy bridge and feel it really adds to the song as a whole.

I hate this corny song, but that doesn’t matter, when it’s right, it’s right, the bridge is great

An epic bridge, it makes me want to shout out the lyrics and sing along every time I hear it.

Nek - Laura no està

I feel like this bridge had minimal impact on me or the song, it was just okay.

I love this pop classic bridge, it really adds something special to the song for me and feel it’s one of the more unique pop bridges. 

The song itself is like a cute little puppy playing in a field and then the bridge comes in like a rabid rottweiler, the switch is a little jarring.  

Rankings:

1. Vogue

2. I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing

3. I Love You Always Forever

4. Red Light Special

5. Baby One More Time

6. What a Girl Wants

7. The Way Things Are

8. Criminal

9. Bills Bills Bills

10. From This Moment On

11. Ciega Sordomuda

12. I Don’t Want To

13. Laura no està

@supaspaz

AnrR4z8.thumb.gif.2a67c9de082e771f6be80d

Definitely doing the absolute most.

Not enough of a shift from the rest of the song around it to really stand out, though the instrumental section rocks.

It comes and goes so quickly you almost might miss it without that glory note.

Fiona Apple - Criminal

You can feel her rage and desperation building. It adds another flavor to the song.

A really effective use of repetition.

Madonna - Vogue

When people listen to a song just waiting to get to the bridge, you know that’s a classic.

The emotion. The drama. The perfection. It just begs you to sing along.

TLC - Red Light Special

A song that has been heating at a gentle simmer finally boils over. The extended guitar solo gives the listener an opportunity to luxuriate in and come down off that orgasm climax before the final section.

Very basic. What do you really remember as the emotional height of this song? It’s those final choruses where he’s so overcome that he practically starts babbling.

One of the most ethereally gorgeous pop songs ever. My favorite part is how she goes for the anti-climax on that last “everything,” drawing you in closer with her intimate breathiness.

Nek - Laura no està

The first part is really strong, but unfortunately, the instrumental break saps the momentum here instead of building on it. His vocals do recover some of it by the end.

Not especially notable until the song suddenly reinvents itself in a Baroque style that you never hear in pop music outside of “Walking On Broken Glass.” It’s so playful and fun.

Immediately grabs your attention.

Rankings:

1. Baby One More Time

2. Vogue

3. Red Light Special

4. I Love You Always Forever

5. Criminal

6. What a Girl Wants

7. Bills, Bills, Bills

8. Ciega Sordomuda

9. I Don’t Want To Miss a Thing

10. The Way Things Are

11. Laura no està

12. From This Moment On

13. I Don’t Want To

FINAL RANKINGS

1. Red Light - 3.09

2. Anvarie - 3.27

3. Acetone - 3.45

4. Rotunda - 4.54

5. beatinglikeadrum - 5.00

6. khalyan - 5.63

7. VenusFlyTrap - 7.91

8. Ampersand13 - 8.45

9. Golden Hour - 9.18

10. Samsom - 9.27

11. Opulent - 9.82

12. Kayseri Mantisi - 10.00

13. fais_2311 - 11.36

@Red Light @Anvarie @Acetone - congrats you ALL are immune and safe at this upcoming Tribal Council. Everyone else...can't say the same for you all. As a merged tribe, you will be voting for someone to leave this game and join the jury. When you are ready, please DM us on Discord the name of the person, along with the parchment AND an updated bootlist. Good luck!

you can definitely see who are the straight people in the judging panel with their critiques of Vogue :bibliahh:

anyhow, ILYAF robbed!

uvClRNG.png

Kaliakra - welcome to Tribal Council! You will have to answer this question to actually vote at Tribal Council. We wanted to ask questions to see where you are at.

ALL (in addition to your other question) - Do you think that tribal lines will play a factor in the vote tonight? 

@Anvarie - congrats on winning immunity! You are a self-professed newb at Survivor and yet have the highest average in the game. How are you balancing your challenge prowess with your strategic and social game?

@Acetone @Red Light - congrats on winning immunity! How safe does your immunity make you feel tonight, and do you think you needed it?

@Kayseri Mantisi - this is your first ever Tribal Council that you're coming to. Do you know what to expect for tonight's vote?

@Ampersand13 - your vote got stolen last week by juror #1 Marvin. Do you know why he did that, and do you think that could affect tonight's vote for you in any way?

@Samsom @Golden Hour - we introduced the mystery boxes, and they have been distributed tonight. Do you think they'll come into play for this Tribal Council; if yes, why?

@beatinglikeadrum @fais_2311 - how have you been navigating the game at this merge stage? Are you reaching out to new people you haven't talked to before?

@Opulent - you almost got voted out at the last Tribal Council. Were you expecting that, and will you be affected in the future?

@khalyan @Rotunda - you two were close to reaching that top 3. Do you think you know what will be part of the plan for tonight's Tribal Council?

-In my vote at least no, don’t know about the others but I don’t think so…

-Anything could happen at this stage of Survivor and that’s what makes it a very fun game with all these twists lol I would like to think that it will not affect the voting on the TC but things doesn’t always turns how I want them so we'll just have to wait and see *crossing fingers*

• ATRL Moderator

I mean, I think he knew that people wanted to vote him out but found out too late and took my vote as a last ditch effort to save himself. I don’t blame him, I just don’t really know why people wanted him out. That part is still lost on me. However, I do not think I will be lasting much longer as there are alliances and relationships that seem stronger or at least have more people in them and I’ve kind of just tried to be nice to everyone :rip:So, I think that makes me a pretty easy target unfortunately. I’d love to make it further but I just never know what to expect with this game

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.