52% of Black Americans rather be robbed than deal with cops

Communion

The study also found that, despite 51% of Black Americans supporting Defunding the Police, the majority of respondents did not, due to a large majority of White Americans being against diverting police funds to other forms of intervention, with only 29% of White Americans supporting Defunding the Police.

well getting robbed is much better than getting murdered 

Tragically understandable. Pigs are shooting our black sisters and brothers left and right.

So sad. 

I'm surprised it's only 52%, tbh. I tried explaining this to a white roommate once, but didn't have any data to back it up lol

6 minutes ago, Jynx672 said:

This is not surprising given the crime rates.

Wait what? :rip:

TBH it's not surprising. I hope for a day they don't feel this way. 

"52% of Black Americans rather be robbed than deal with cops"

"51% of Black Americans supporting Defunding the Police"

Biden and Trump can't STAND it

Well yeah, they're very similar situations except in a robbery if you stay calm and hand over your belongings you can go back to your life and replace them. Whilst, if you're stopped by a cop even if you stay calm and follow all the instructions you can end up dead 

Statistically being robbed is much more dangerous than getting stopped by police (for every demographic), this is a ridiculous position to take

16 hours ago, VOSS said:

Statistically being robbed is much more dangerous than getting stopped by police

Cops actually kill more Americans at a faster rate than non-cops do:

So sounds like a perfectly rationale fear to me. :michael:

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Cops actually kill more Americans at a faster rate than non-cops do:

So sounds like a perfectly rationale fear to me. :michael:

The ATRL thread (made by yourself) linked does not support that statement at all. I’m not saying that fear of being pulled over by police is irrational, it’s not at all. But being more scared of that than being robbed is just ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, VOSS said:

The ATRL thread (made by yourself) linked does not support that statement at all.

Less than 0.5% of Americans are cops, yet cops account for, on any given year, 5-7% of all murders. In most other countries, that number is 0%. If murderers killed at the rate that cops kill at - as documented in that thread - the murder rate in America would be 12-20x higher than what is currently is.

You also seem to be purposefully misunderstanding the question. The question is if people would accept being robbed if it meant they had to have harmful interactions with the police in order to get help;; half of all black respondents said they would accept being robbed in order to avoid being interrogated by and searched by the police, given the large documented experience of people calling the cops for help only to then be seen as criminals by said cops.

It's completely arguing in bad faith to try and deny the experiences of black people who've experienced police brutality while also trying to hype up the harm of violent crime, missing the point that the study finds that police brutality is so bad that half of all black Americans ACCEPT the risks of violent crime because cops are that bad to deal with. :toofunny3: