Is The Tipping Culture Out of Control?

Sergi91

Absolutely. Everyone is getting a dollar no matter what from me. I don't care. And I'm not tipping to go people :rip:

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rihannabiggestfan

• Bussea

• MadonnasBoyfriend

• Sergi91

54 minutes ago, discosean said:

If you can't be bothered to tip, don't go to such establishments. Learn how to make your own drinks, food, grow your own weed, etc.

No.

The audacity of some of you... Don't you feel weird that another human being is literally serving you. :rip: you can be all high and mighty about "a LiViNg wAgE," but at the end of the day, you're literally paying for a service, and the US doesn't give a fuck about people working in services. Be a decent human being and tip

Y'all think you're being cute, but you sound cheap. Sry

2 hours ago, XAMJ said:

Yes tipping is so gross, they put you on the spot and make you feel obligated to tip them. they say industry workers deserve tips well i say healthcare workers also deserve tips, let me ask a patient and guilt them into tipping before i go get their saline bag or medication

healthcare workers have salaries, servers don’t, they live off their tips. hate the system that doesn’t pay them then, you sound dumb! 

37 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

No.

then you’re either cheap or just broke! 

yes it's a very bizarre practice coming from a country where you never tip . :rip:

2 hours ago, darkfantasy said:

then you’re either cheap or just broke! 

tenor-1.gif

uAbd5YNl.jpg

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

27 minutes ago, cash3w said:

The audacity of some of you... Don't you feel weird that another human being is literally serving you. :rip: you can be all high and mighty about "a LiViNg wAgE," but at the end of the day, you're literally paying for a service, and the US doesn't give a fuck about people working in services. Be a decent human being and tip

I always tip (and at least 20%) but this is such a garbage take. The consumer IS paying for the employee to provide a service - the cost of labour is already built into the price of the food/drink/service. 

I don't think anyone is blaming the employees, but at the end of the day, it is ultimately up to the discretion of the customer. 

If you can't tip then don't go out. Get a higher paying job or something.

2 minutes ago, bowdown said:

I always tip (and at least 20%) but this is such a garbage take. The consumer IS paying for the employee to provide a service - the cost of labour is already built into the price of the food/drink/service. 

I don't think anyone is blaming the employees, but at the end of the day, it is ultimately up to the discretion of the customer. 

True!

33 minutes ago, cash3w said:

I tip people if they provide a service and it's really good and if I can afford it. I work in a service / retail industry and we don't get tips. I have been offered tips several times and have had to decline them. 

1 hour ago, 305 said:

Made 0 points because Healthcare workers get paid accordingly. Servers don't. 

Healthcare workers DO NOT get paid accordingly. We are SEVERLY understaffed and overworked. :twirl3:

33 minutes ago, darkfantasy said:

healthcare workers have salaries, servers don’t, they live off their tips. hate the system that doesn’t pay them then, you sound dumb! 

Spoken like someone who does NOT understand the system. Unless your a doctor or an executive you get paid HOURLY.  and not all servers are paid 2.33, some states actually have a minimum wage for them + tips. :coffee2:

I lived fairly well on tips when I began working and loved it. It was technically a minimum wage part time job but with tips, it averaged anywhere 18-20 bucks an hour depending on how busy it was. For a 18/19/20 year old, that was FANTASTIC money. Anybody who feels pressured and upset about tipping, that's a problem with you. I always wanted to do the best that I could because it would mean more money. It's a thank you, showing gratitude, that's why it's called a GRATUITY. You as a customer have the right not to tip, especially if you received bad service. I've been on the side of working for tips and I'll always tip and tip well because I'm genuinely grateful for the workers there. You all bringing up the medical field are comparing apples to oranges. 

Hesitant to back these up because people will use these for their shitty tipping practices. Never go to a restaurant/order food delivery if you don't tip- they're a luxury and as long as those industries continue working the same way . Never tipping anywhere else though unless you get great service- these businesses got everyone f*cked up with their little white iPad registers. 

2 hours ago, lawmak said:

If you don't tip the waiter at least 10% YOU ARE GARBAGE! 

I say this living in London.

1 hour ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

It does seem like a weird concept tbh. I only tip if the service is exceptional (so very rarely) which is the case for most people in the UK I think.

what_is_the_truth.gif

1 hour ago, cash3w said:

This. I 100% support giving workers a higher wage, but the way that some people here refuse to tip... they're just hurting the worker.

14 minutes ago, WestHaven said:

what_is_the_truth.gif

Well...people in their teens and students in their 20s don't tip anyway...I don't think it's right.

...but I can assure you that in London people with a job tip.

Edited by lawmak

1 hour ago, bowdown said:

Scenario: you're at a restaurant

Waiter: here's the bill

You: *writes 'you should be getting a living wage' on the tip line, filling out the total with 'my cost of food should cover your cost of labor'*

If someone is make 2.15 and hour and you don't tip, I don't care which way you slice it or dice it, youre cheap. Period. 

Don't eat out. If you want a free servant stay home home and feed yourself

If I'm getting served in any way I always tip a minimum of 20%, food, haircuts, car services, whatever, but if I'm getting something from a register with no service I don't tip, mainly because I never carry cash on me. I also tip for delivery services too, if I can't afford to tip I just don't buy it.

3 hours ago, BadMonster said:

If you can't be bothered to pay your staff, don't own such an establishment

:clap3:

2 hours ago, bowdown said:

If they raised the prices, you would complain too

5 hours ago, cash3w said:

Scenario: you're at a restaurant

Waiter: here's the bill

You: *writes 'you should be getting a living wage' on the tip line, filling out the total with 'my cost of food should cover your cost of labor'*

If someone is make 2.15 and hour and you don't tip, I don't care which way you slice it or dice it, youre cheap. Period. 

Don't eat out. If you want a free servant stay home home and feed yourself

Can you read? I said I tip consistently around 20%. Not to mention, I live in a place where the minimum wage is $15.50 an hour (including for servers). What $2.15 an hour bull**** are you talking about?

4 hours ago, getwellsoun said:

If they raised the prices, you would complain too

First of all, I am not complaining about tipping and as indicated in my original post, I tip quite consistently, and well. Secondly,  I would not complain if prices were raised across the board if it meant that the employees were paid a higher wage, nor would most people - the consumer ends up paying the same thing in both scenarios. 

I guess it's easier to tackle the customer than facing the shitty political system that has lead to servers being paid hideous wages and having to rely on tips.

Tipping is fine if the customer wants to, but the idea of eating out is that all the costs of running the establishment have been factored into what you're paying for the food, if people don't want to tip, it sucks, but they shouldn't have to. Face the source of the issue rather than being entitled to other people's money.

21 hours ago, Lipgloss said:

If you can't tip then don't go out. Get a higher paying job or something.

Wow tip shaming? Disgusting comment. I will not be oppressed and will now tip even less than I did before 

Yup

you can avoid the stress by not tipping

complain to corporate not me

:celestial2: