• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rihannabiggestfan

• Bussea

• MadonnasBoyfriend

• Sergi91

Only in the US* 

Other countries tend to pay people a living wage. 

I haven’t noticed this in my area thank goodness but yeah, that all sounds ridiculous to me as well. 

6 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Only in the US* 

Other countries tend to pay people a living wage. 

:gaycat6:

Yes tipping is so gross, they put you on the spot and make you feel obligated to tip them. they say industry workers deserve tips well i say healthcare workers also deserve tips, let me ask a patient and guilt them into tipping before i go get their saline bag or medication

• ATRL Moderator

That second video sent me :ahh: 

Guy in the second video has a good point, the other one seems very dramatic. You got asked to tip once, they didn't force you to sell your firstborn. She's right it was weird, but it's not the end of the world.

Edited by The Next Day

I don’t tip if I am in the drive thru, buying a drink (like boba, coffee, tea etc),  going up to the cash register myself, or if the service was bad. These people pressuring others to tip is like fuck off 

Edited by Raver

Yes, it's also awful when they hand you the iPad and stand over your shoulder looking at how much you're tipping. :stare:

3 minutes ago, I. AX said:

Europe cant relate. 

Germany disagrees

Everything is so inaccurate in America, like sheesh. 

What's even the point of putting prices on menus if the final bill is going to cost 15-20%+ more with tips added on? 

How about actually improving workers' rights and pay for Americans in the service industry instead of imposing this dreadful tipping culture. 

3 minutes ago, I. AX said:

Europe cant relate. 

How does Europe compare? 

Yes its literal bullshit they have now set up tipping jars inside medical marijuana stores in Florida. Like its literally a pharmacy i'm buying medicine prescribed by a doctor why is there a tip box you are a cashier.

11 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

Yes, it's also awful when they hand you the iPad and stand over your shoulder looking at how much you're tipping. :stare:

Yeah, that's a joke.

And when the minimum option is 18% or 20% (LMAO), and so you have to press "custom tip" and calculate 15% in your head (or less, if they were an asshole!)

dd yes

I was shook when I was asked at a Jamba Juice if I wanted to add a tip

I’m a good tipper so I don’t experience this issue.

I remember my coworker telling me he ordered chinese food take go and the lady chased him for not tipping and harassing him why he didn't tip :deadbanana4:

A drive thru or cashier at a boutique shouldn't really require a tip. I literally could care less to hit a "no tip" option if I don't feel the service required it. Like the people in the OP feel guilty maybe, then give a pity dollar? But unless gratuity is included on the bill, in the US, you always tip your waiter. If it was a shitty service, tip less than 20%. I tip to-go orders too, especially if they come out to your car. 

14 minutes ago, Devin said:

I’m a good tipper so I don’t experience this issue.

this :cm:

It doesn't exist here in Italy and I'm thankful for this :foxaylove3:

I don't get blaming the workers for their company doing the bare minimum to support their financial needs but they both right. The fact we getting to the point we we have to tip in a drive thru or a checkout counter is disgusting.

42 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

Yes tipping is so gross, they put you on the spot and make you feel obligated to tip them. they say industry workers deserve tips well i say healthcare workers also deserve tips, let me ask a patient and guilt them into tipping before i go get their saline bag or medication

:deadbanana2: