Shopping In the Metaverse, thoughts?

DONTYELLATME

this is the most idiotic thing i’ve ever seen :rip:

This feels slower and more tedious than irl, the fuck.

Edited by Earth Ripper

We've reached new stupidity peak with people convincing themselves NFTs are of any value whatsoever :rip: 

People are so incredibly dumb

wow this is so fucking dumb, i have no words

Yea Goodluck getting the GP on board anytime soon. AI has warned us about virutal/electronic dependency

can i just drive my shopping cart into the abyss they create

NFTs/crypto are so impossibly stupid :bibliahh:I take pity on anyone dumb enough to invest their money and resources in it. The only "winners" in this scenario are established millionaires/billionaires who use crytpo as a money laundering scheme. 

what did i just watch :rip:

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

I hate it, it looks extremely inefficient and annoying. Isn’t the whole point of online shopping that you don’t have to walk through a store or talk to anyone? 

I rather go to the shop myself :skull:

Even picking your products online is way faster than this shit :skull:

I think the Metaverse will rise tho, but not like this, maybe for concerts, games and entertainment but not for basic needs.

can't wait to come back to this thread in 5 years and laugh at the idiots above me 

Katy is visionary about doing chores in 3D, in a video game:

This is basically The Sims with PSVR. 

I will use it for gaming and entertainment, but that’s it. 

Metaverse in terms of VR for real life use is not happening. For entertainment, yes. Apple's AR glasses will take over to enhance our lives, not like this inefficient waste of time. :rip: 

So many people have social anxiety and are afraid of social interact. This would be great for them. 

People in this thread being a little naive as if this is not how we gonna live in 10 to 20 years lmao

It looks better than the walmarts I've been to 

17 minutes ago, pieceofgök said:

People in this thread being a little naive as if this is not how we gonna live in 10 to 20 years lmao

So just because this is a possible future for us we have to pretend it's not complete and utter shit? :rip: mkay

The whole thing is such bullshit. Kids, preteens and old creeps in their moms basements will be the only people using this shit. Poor kids and preetens. I wish they saw how creepy Zucc is.

Imagine buying idk- condoms, tampons or idk waxx for ur hair with this annoying bitch telling you your notifications while you do it. Like- gtfo

But Zucc is a weirdo so... I hope this flops af

• ATRL Moderator

Just use a phone app. It's literally more efficient and less annoying. This is why, to me, the Metaverse just feels like contrived innovation that doesn't solve a single problem. :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, pieceofgök said:

Not all innovation takes off. Look at motion control gaming. They had their cute moment with the Wii and the Kinect got some steam at first during that hay day. But, people grew tired of its novelty and the second generation of the Kinect was a complete flop and the Wii U was a disastrous product that almost destroyed Nintendo's profitability. AR and VR have been products companies have tried to popularize for decades (e.g., look at Nintendo's Virtual Boy from the 90s). Just because technology can be done does not guarantee that it will be successful. The most successful technologies take off because they actually solve/satisfy a preexisting problem.