Jan 6 Committee "Considering" Airing Hearings

Bethenny Frankel

they better do it primetime so everyone can watch, I mean they have to right?

Just do what you have to do.. it's been a year already :katie:

Sounds like a circus-in-the-making, which won't yield anything substantive that we don't already know, won't result in any indictments from the DOJ, and the Republicans will get to attack as yet another partisan witch hunt.

Riveting.

This won't likely get Dems the votes they're expecting to get, but I do hope there's some substantial fallout for the Republicans about this eventually.  

2 hours ago, Eric. said:

This won't likely get Dems the votes they're expecting to get, but I do hope there's some substantial fallout for the Republicans about this eventually.  

I really don't think this will ever come to pass. Most people never cared about Jan. 6th, and those that did were Democrats. "Rational" Americans don't really exist, and the Republicans are about to be massively rewarded with possibly one of the biggest House flips in modern history in backlash to Biden's failures to eradicate COVID (an unrealistic scenario that was never going to happen) and to Democrats' general lockdown/mandate/school closure practices throughout the pandemic.

5 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I really don't think this will ever come to pass. Most people never cared about Jan. 6th, and those that did were Democrats. "Rational" Americans don't really exist, and the Republicans are about to be massively rewarded with possibly one of the biggest House flips in modern history in backlash to Biden's failures to eradicate COVID (an unrealistic scenario that was never going to happen) and to Democrats' general lockdown/mandate/school closure practices throughout the pandemic.

I still think it's fascinating that an attempted coup has been "normalized" by the American people

1 minute ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

I still think it's fascinating that an attempted coup has been "normalized" by the American people

Yep! People just literally shrugged and walked it off like it was nothing the day after. And by the time impeachment happened, and now this investigation has played out, many people feel like fixating on it is a waste of time and energy that could be better spent on other things.

Except... not really, because Manchin exists to serve as a chaos agent to make sure everything remains stagnant.

2 hours ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

It's depressing tbh. I remember when it first happened, it was the only thing people would talk about for weeks. Now people barely acknowledge it occurred.