HDD: Top 30 Vinyls of 2021, 30 #1 319K!

Hector

Adele tops the vinyl best-seller list of 2021 with 319k, an average of 53k for each of the album’s six weeks in release.

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_858782089.png

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=329745&title=2021-VINYL-FINAL%3A-TURNTABLE-MANIA

The way ATRL trolls lost trying to claim that she flopped with her vinyls :ahh:

Adele is the real MUSIC INDUSTRY and a GREAT VOCALIST. We have to stan :clap3:

So Red would have been #1 if they pressed more copies? I think Red's success took everyone by a massive surprise. No one was prepared for those kind of numbers and sustained demand 

Shocked that Ariana is there. But she can't sell albums they said :giraffe:

The narrative that her label "overshipped" vinyls is so funny now. :rip: 

Edited by Cap10Planet

Adele with her second best album did THAT :clap3:

Taylor with her re-recording (and very expensive and limited supply) album did THAT :clap3:

Olivia with her debut album did THAT :clap3:

Billie with her best album to date did THAT :clap3:

WOMEN ruled the vinyl industry :clap3:

So much for the countless threads made about the 30 vinyls not selling :rip: 

1 hour ago, Cap10Planet said:

The narrative that her label "overshipped" vinyls is so funny now. :rip: 

I think the narrative was always that they didn't need 500k of them on week 1. They definitely overestimated her both with both cds and vinyls 

8 minutes ago, Brando said:

I think the narrative was always that they didn't need 500k of them on week 1. They definitely overestimated her both with both cds and vinyls 

What makes you think they planned all 500k of them for first week? Also, that fiigure was given by Variety and never stated that it was only for the US

5 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

What makes you think they planned all 500k of them for first week? Also, that fiigure was given by Variety and never stated that it was only for the US

Cause they wanted to have it ready on week 1. Otherwise they could have ordered ~200/300k for release day and keep pressing more as they went along. In Red's case it was pretty much the opposite. They ordered less and it sold out really fast. 

20 minutes ago, Brando said:

Who said that they were anticipating on selling ALL 500k first week? Shipments and expectations have never worked that way. :rip: 

15 minutes ago, Brando said:

In Red's case it was pretty much the opposite. They ordered less and it sold out really fast. 

What's this false narrative with RED TV vinyl being sold out? The only place it was "sold out" (although I think she's holding out on pre-orders to have another week at #1, that's why she conveniently pushed online store shipments from Jan 7 to end of Feb, to avoid Weeknd's album release... and she already did the same thing with Fearless TV vinyl), you can buy vinyl at Walmart, Amazon... if that wasn't the case it wouldn't be #2 or #3 on vinyl chart since it was released. :ace:

Edited by Agenor

32 minutes ago, Brando said:

Cause they wanted to have it ready on week 1. Otherwise they could have ordered ~200/300k for release day and keep pressing more as they went along. In Red's case it was pretty much the opposite. They ordered less and it sold out really fast. 

You think her team was going to keep ordering specific amounts of new batches every other day through the following weeks depending on the demand? :dies:

They just ordered what they knew that she was going to sell for sure, whether in four weeks or eight

3 hours ago, Brando said:

So Red would have been #1 if they pressed more copies? I think Red's success took everyone by a massive surprise. No one was prepared for those kind of numbers and sustained demand 

This logic :deadbanana4:

They didnt press more copies on purpose so she could go back at #1 in 2022.

Imagine if everyone started saying "had my faves label done this my fave would've been #1" :toofunny2:

40 minutes ago, Agenor said:

What's this false narrative with RED TV vinyl being sold out? The only place it was "sold out" (although I think she's holding out on pre-orders to have another week at #1, that's why she conveniently pushed online store shipments from Jan 7 to end of Feb, to avoid Weeknd's album release... and she already did the same thing with Fearless TV vinyl), you can buy vinyl at Walmart, Amazon... if that wasn't the case it wouldn't be #2 or #3 on vinyl chart since it was released. :ace:

11 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

This logic :deadbanana4:

They didnt press more copies on purpose so she could go back at #1 in 2022.

Imagine if everyone started saying "had my faves label done this my fave would've been #1" :toofunny2:

these fanfics :zzz:

15 minutes ago, Brando said:

these fanfics :zzz:

the thing you said is a fanfic since you used "had the label done...." :coffee2:

12 hours ago, Brando said:

I doubt it. There still in stock at Target and some record shops i been to. 

9 hours ago, Brando said:

If Red's vinyls were all sold out on the first week like u said and it sold 260k in this chart then she did order around 350-400k for WW consumption just for the first week? And Adele is the only one to blame for clogging up the supply chain?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.