Station Eleven | HBO Max

HabbGaga

MV5BZDBmZWUwZTctMTI5My00ZjFiLTgyOWEtMzJi 

A post apocalyptic saga spanning multiple timelines, telling the stories of survivors of a devastating flu as they attempt to rebuild and reimagine the world anew while holding on to the best of what's been lost.

episode 7 :weeps: this show has incredible acting and cinematography. its reminding me of the leftovers.

I just caught up on it two nights ago and it's really good!:eatpopcorn:

I read the book a couple of years ago and I am tempted to see this but I also don’t know if I can sit through a respiratory virus pandemic show amidst omicron and flurona :rip: 

This is the first time I'm hearing of this. The story sounds interesting but why no one is talking about it,

I was listening to a podcast (The Watch) with a bunch of TV critics. They were doing a year-end countdown of the best 2021 shows. They put this at number one despite having a late 2021 release. (They were able to view the episodes in advance.) I’ll watch it eventually.

Horrible. Ep 1 was so strong. Ep 2 is basically unwatchable. The Shakespeare tones is too much and the show gets very boring 

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Horrible. Ep 1 was so strong. Ep 2 is basically unwatchable. The Shakespeare tones is too much and the show gets very boring 

i think your reaction is similar to a lot of people saying the show is bad. they watched episode 1 and expected a certain kind of show, but if you stick with it you come to understand the formula of the show. you do get more of the early days of the apocalypse and some incredibly crafted backstories. it goes back and forth between current day and flashback episodes, the flashback episodes are my personal fav but the story with the traveling symphony does become more interesting even if it is the weaker part of the show.

It's pretentious and boring. Watch Yellowjackets instead, it's so much fun.

Watched until episode 4 so far. Have not read the book.

Very strong, unique. At times a bit boring (all the Bernal character, except her lover/artist Station 11 creator), but there is something very fresh in the way they approach some themes that have been seen ten thousand times for post-world-apocalypse.

I don' know why but it remains me of Beasts of the Southern Wild for all the parts with the Travelling Symphony.

Obsessed with Davis as always. 

I had to give up at ep 6, this became such a pretentious bore. The adult version of Kirsten is terrible, the amount of time and shots spent just at her grimacing face, staring blankly is annoying… And Alex is so bratty idc if she dies. 

The characters of Jeevan & Miranda’s arcs have been the only gripping and well acted parts of the show… and they’re dead. :rip:

7 hours ago, FOCK said:

I had to give up at ep 6, this became such a pretentious bore. The adult version of Kirsten is terrible, the amount of time and shots spent just at her grimacing face, staring blankly is annoying… And Alex is so bratty idc if she dies. 

The characters of Jeevan & Miranda’s arcs have been the only gripping and well acted parts of the show… and they’re dead. :rip:

wait they're dead? im up to date and never saw either die

4 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

wait they're dead? im up to date and never saw either die

Ah, I moreso meant that they're no longer present in the post-apocalyptic setting. Being unfamiliar with the book and realising they were just going to be regulated to "flashbacks" was disappointing, particularly because they're infinitely more interesting to watch than Kirsten & the symphony (for me personally) :gaycat6:

its a good thing they release 2 episodes at once because the present day episodes are never as good as the flashback ones. episode 8 was the first episode i wasn't really feeling, it felt incredible slow. the show in general is kind of a slower pace, but usually it always has my attention with incredible details, cinematography and acting but episode 8 was kinda like watching paint dry. luckily episode 9 was really great. hopefully the finale next week is good.

Yeah, Jeevan was the best part and he was barely in the show. I don't care about those randos doing Shakespeare in DIY clothes.

Finale

Well that K&J reunion was just absolute everything. Loved everything about this episode, it even redeemed some of the least interesting characters/plotline. That Hamlet performance was uniquely shot and breathtaking.

My heart.

I don’t usually cry for a tv show but I cried when I watched Miranda pitching to the company and that Frank episode. Anyway this was one of the most beautiful shows I ever watched. 

Yall got me hyped 

Is it a mini series or its continuing? 

I don't watch limited series.. 

30 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Yall got me hyped 

Is it a mini series or its continuing? 

I don't watch limited series.. 

mini series