If You Could Choose Would You Be An A-Lister Actor or Singer

AbeHicks

Actor. Once you have one success your career is made whereas a singer can have a big hit and be irrelevant quickly. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• AbeHicks

• ariananext

• kandicha

Actor. Because making character alive is so much fun.

Singer.

I would wanna be the male version of Britney Spears :chick1: 

As someone interested in music, I would want to be a singer.

However I would be afraid of the unwarranted attention it comes with and having to constantly deal with industry politics and control by bigwigs.

1 hour ago, sasashite said:

Definitely A-list singer. Established recording artists make WAY more money, are more famous and respected and don't work for anybody.

They work for record labels tho. What independent artist has managed to reach A-list status?

Chance The Rapper is a connected industry plant so he doesn't count.

Actor. 

You’re more respected, movies are seen as a notch more cultured than music, even the awards garner more respect. You also have more privacy, and freedom. You could also get to a point where you make your own movies. And your career is much more longer. Plus residuals make you way more money than music. 

Actor. Less pressure, and I don't have with too many crazed stans :rip: although its not too bad for male artists

Would never want to be either but actors seem to be able to live more low key lives 

I'd love to be able to make music and work with amazing producers, but imagine subjecting myself to the disrespect ATRL puts every artist through :mazen:

Actor! It’s not as stressful as being a musician. 

Actor. Touring sounds mentally and physically exhausting :biblio:

Thats hard. I would much rather be a singer cuz I love dancing and if I had a voice :jonny6: It be so fun picking out tour outfits, doing video shoots, photshoots, collabing and performing in front of thousands. 

The only thing is it would be much easier to be an actress, There is always a role for you even if you get old and it's not as physically demanding as touring at an old age.  I'll still say a POP STAR, A MPG  :gaycatney3:

Singer. I'm surprised most people chose actor.

I'd disagree about private lives. I know a lot about Zendaya-Tom Holland relationship even though I don't follow either of them. One of the current most discussed topics on this site is "Richard Madden and his roomie" and no relationship drama in music world is even close to Brad-Angelina-Jennifer triangle.
No, acting isn't more prestigious and respected. Awards are - because movie industry is just bigger than music industry. 
No, this field isn't less competitive than music. There are tons of nepo actors who can barely act. Nepo musicians have to be at least decent and likable to make even a small career.

• 2 weeks later...

Singer. I can at least rely on my label and poptimism to cover up my mediocrity. With acting, critics are much more brutal with your work. 

I love music more, but Actor seems more comfortable.

Dealing with stans, touring and trying to chart sound beyond EXHAUSTING.

Why do so many of you think singers have full control over everything they do? lol most A-list singers are not their own boss, nor do they own their entire direction and process.  You are an employee to your label which depending on how you started your career can have you in a real bind contract wise. 

I would go the actor route 100%, even a mediocre actor is respected more than most singers.  Success & Fame is much more fleeting for a musician as music audiences don't support older artists the way film does.  Less stressful on your body, you're able to have a more private life, while still delivering creative content that can be remembered and quoted for the rest of your life. 

I feel like as an actor you're allowed to flop and comeback after many years without  suffering a whole lot

With famous singers, the moment they flop and aren't seen as cool anymore, it all comes crashing down :skull: the pressure must be insane

Take a few years off? You flop

Do or say something controversial? You flop

Age slightly but visibly? Most likely you flop :skull:

Edited by dylanx

Singer, purely because I love music much more as a medium and it would be amazing to connect with people through my own music.

Actor since it has more longevity than being a singer 

when an actor is over he’s OVER

a singer can still have an iconic comeback as an actress after a few bombs

singer and when I start flopping I'll transition into acting like my fave

200w.gif

A singer who after a string of successful projects decides to dip their toe into acting.