Top Posters In This Topic

• King Maxx

• Nialler

• ainadalkaz

• Blood Magic

2 hours ago, Blood Magic said:

I'm not ready. :'(

Although I'd like to see Bucky become Captain America. :keir:

Ugh no. Sebastian Stan is great as Winter Soldier.

Evans is Captain. 

Bucky or Falcon becoming Captain would be predictable and cheap.:rip:

Eh I'm not too bothered about CE. Winter Soldier is my favourite Marvel movie but that's because of the supporting cast :rip:

I'd like to see Falcon and Bucky team up in a future Captain America movie

umm... wottice

they've got a storm coming if this isn't a part of MCU :cm:

Edited by ainadalkaz

13 hours ago, ainadalkaz said:

umm... wottice

they've got a storm coming if this isn't a part of MCU :cm:

From what I learned about this spin-off when they announced that they are developing this last year is that it might not be part of the MCU and it's going to be set in a standalone universe. They're also hoping for Venom to have its own franchise.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-spinoff-venom-revived-872844

So yeah, can Sony choke now? Thanks.

What the **** are Sony thinking? Nobody wants a Venom movie unrelated to Spider-Man/MCU. Ugh. :shakeno:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/03/17/why-sony-announcing-a-venom-film-hurts-spider-man-homecoming/#db12d84db12d

Please give this article a read. It basically explains why releasing the Venom movie is a bad idea and it could potentially hurt Spider-Man: Homecoming.

:'( 

Edited by HufflepuffPophead

On 3/14/2017 at 8:05 AM, Blood Magic said:

New OP made by yours truly. :gaycat4:

I knew you'd do it justice :gaycat1:

I'm kinda sad to see Chris go (if he actually is done with the MCU after Avengers 4) but I'd like to see someone else takeover or they could kill him off, either way is fine by me. 

It's time for Captain America to die. I love Steve Rogers, he's actually my favorite MCU character, him, Wanda and T'Challa are really my faves. But none of the heroes have died and so there's no tension. The movies have become predictable because we know none of the characters will die and so the dynamics won't change and no stakes are raised. The movies will get dry and boring if they don't do something drastic soon. So I think it would be perfect if Steve Rogers died in Infinity War 2.

Hawkeye should have died in Age of Ultron, because it would have really hit home, especially after his scenes at home. You started feeling something for the guy. But for some reason they killed off the new guy? That doesn't work cause we don't know him. That was kinda dumb.

They coulda killed off Rhodey in Civil War, but again they held off. People barely got injured. Like... how are Hawkeye and Black Widow even still in one piece after all that destruction, they're only human and they don't wear armor, ffffff. I mean, it's not like these actors aren't gonna age. And you can always reboot a franchise after 2 decades and do it all over again, so i'm not sure why they're so scared of killing off characters.

As for Cap. I don't really think anyone should take over, cause the death of Captain America is symbolic. It will probably be Bucky, even though I think it should be Sam.

On 3/17/2017 at 10:00 PM, Ressti said:

Like... how are Hawkeye and Black Widow even still in one piece after all that destruction, they're only human and they don't wear armor

I don't see why people keep saying this, you realise that in real life normal humans go into combat and survive like...every day? 

Hawkeye and Widow are highly trained professionals and it's not like they go up against the likes of Thor or even Cap :deadbanana: 

1 minute ago, Places said:

I don't see why people keep saying this, you realise that in real life normal humans go into combat and survive like...every day? 

And many also... die? They're running into explosions and fighting against robots and super humans... they shoulda been dead.

Just now, Ressti said:

And many also... die? They're running into explosions and fighting against robots and super humans... they shoulda been dead.

give me one example where either of them fought a super human 

Clint hardly even fought the Chitauri in A1, and they didn't seem to have anything to suggest that they should be a problem for Widow

in A2 the two of them fought a grand total of like..3 Ultrons 

in Civil War there was nothing that they shouldn't have been able to walk away from, apart from the petrol tank exploding, which they were nowhere near 

they're always ground support in the big battles. Iron Man, Cap, Thor and Hulk are the heavy hitters, going up against the big guns

I do agree that it's a little tedious that nobody major ever dies, but I don't think it should be Clint or Nat JUST because they're normal humans. if anyone, it should be Thor, does anybody really care about him?

Edited by Places

I feel like either Tony or Steve will die for sure, but I'm not ready to say goodbye to any of them, I'm too attached. :'(

I, for one, am not a fan of either Tony or Steve, so they could kill both of them off for all I care :cm: (they aren't gonna kill Tony tho)

2 hours ago, Places said:

give me one example where either of them fought a super human 

Clint hardly even fought the Chitauri in A1, and they didn't seem to have anything to suggest that they should be a problem for Widow

in A2 the two of them fought a grand total of like..3 Ultrons 

in Civil War there was nothing that they shouldn't have been able to walk away from, apart from the petrol tank exploding, which they were nowhere near 

they're always ground support in the big battles. Iron Man, Cap, Thor and Hulk are the heavy hitters, going up against the big guns

Clint's use was clever in the first Avengers. He's an archer so he doesn't have to get to close. But if you remember that scene with the Hulk going after Natasha, he actually struck her and she was very shaken. Because she was essentially faced with a monster and realized she could have died.

The first Avengers was very good though, I don't really have a complaint about that scene, although I think it's hilarious how Nat could beat Chitauri aliens, but that's fine. It was the first team up film, so we want to see them win.

But in Age of Ultron, one or the other would have died, realistically. They were up against powerful robots and even the super powered heroes were struggling a little bit. In fact Clint should have died, it was set up so nicely, but they decided on Quicksilver because they didn't want to kill off "Jeremy Renner".

In Civil War again... you'd think a movie named "Civil War", there would be some real danger, but it was all very sanitised. You had Clint and Nat running around on an airport where there explosions going off, towers falling, super powered individuals fighting, a literal giant stomping around, but they get away unscathed. It was a very well done film, but you could tell the studio told the Russo's to hold back.

I realize they're ground support, but they've faced the impossible, so how are they still alive? It's just a bit lame.

2 hours ago, Places said:

I do agree that it's a little tedious that nobody major ever dies, but I don't think it should be Clint or Nat JUST because they're normal humans. if anyone, it should be Thor, does anybody really care about him?

I do!

Thor is great in the MCU. I hate the second Thor film, but as a character he's funny and earnest and I love that.

4 hours ago, Places said:

Speak on it!

In a perfect world, Thor or Hulk will be killed off as I care the least about them. The most boring characters out of the bunch :cm:

2 hours ago, maurixrosup said:

what is Sony doing :deadbanana: 

ok, first of all, I'm here for it.

second, a mess. Idk if the Marvel/Sony deal includes Spidey only, but what is the point of making some kind of a spider-verse with all those characters MCU can't use? will they bring Spidey into it and exclude every other MCU character? what is the point?