Mariah Carey "AIWFCIY" certified 6x platinum in UK

Renan90

I'm surprised to hear this is the highest certification a female artist has received there. Perhaps the misogyny jumped out

1 minute ago, EnoughSaid said:

I'm surprised to hear this is the highest certification a female artist has received there. Perhaps the misogyny jumped out

Getting a 2x Platinum single is already kinda difficult there, let alone 6x Platinum.

2 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

Getting a 2x Platinum single is already kinda difficult there, let alone 6x Platinum.

Maybe their bars are too high cause the UK has seen a few juggernauts I'd assume there would be some more on the list

A classic :clap3: 3.6M units is huge!

Absolutely massive :WAP:

Coming to be the first Diamond single there in a few years :gaycat1:

9 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

in the past yes but not in the streaming era :thing:

combined US (12m) and UK (3,6m) certification total now stands at 15,6 million units.

More than 20m with Germany, Canada and Australia added... the song has probably just crossed 30 million consumption sales globally.

16 minutes ago, Katamari said:

in the past yes but not in the streaming era :thing:

It went from almost impossible to really difficult to be honest. It's Ed that makes it look easy :deadbanana4:

EDIT: Oh wait, you were talking about 2x Platinum, forget my comment.

Edited by gustavothehuman

CITW 97 sold ~ 4.5 million singles in the UK so I think it has the highest certification there. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.