Girls Aloud's "The Loving Kind" cert. Silver (UK)

LesFleur

Girls Aloud just make me so nostalgic. Definitely my favourite British girl band and one of the greatest of all time. It’s still so sad remembering that Sarah is no longer here. :frown:

I love this song, probably my favorite of them :heart:

Got paid dust. Only #10?? At least it was their last top 10 before Something New

10 minutes ago, Mystic Falls said:

Girls Aloud just make me so nostalgic. Definitely my favourite British girl band and one of the greatest of all time. It’s still so sad remembering that Sarah is no longer here. :frown:

omg I forgot she passed away....this is heart wrenching. Yeah for me Sugababes and Girls Aloud defined my childhood and I'm not even from the UK. I discovered both GA and Sugababes in like 2008 ish? and from there I dove into their discogs as a kid. Truly the best girl groups imo and this song totally takes me to childhood memories. 

23 minutes ago, Goofy said:

03:48. a moment in pop history. RIP Legend!! :monkey:

omg Nadine and Nichola being the only ones in tune and on pitch. :skull: Sarah did good here too until that last note LMAO. Cheryl and Kim were TRAGIC with this song damn :rip: Still a fabulous song and group. Live performances were just NOT their forte (unless Nadine was leading the vocals)

1 minute ago, IBeMe said:

omg I forgot she passed away....this is heart wrenching. Yeah for me Sugababes and Girls Aloud defined my childhood and I'm not even from the UK. I discovered both GA and Sugababes in like 2008 ish? and from there I dove into their discogs as a kid. Truly the best girl groups imo and this song totally takes me to childhood memories. 

Girls Aloud and Sugababes are both iconic. There’s so many strong girl bands from the UK, I think most of my favourite ones are British. BLACKPINK being the rare exception. 

Just now, Mystic Falls said:

Girls Aloud and Sugababes are both iconic. There’s so many strong girl bands from the UK, I think most of my favourite ones are British. BLACKPINK being the rare exception. 

LITERALLY SAME! The UK just gets how to make unique girl groups. American girls groups tend to be very generic imo or simply make music I'm not too invested in. In terms of K-pop girl groups the only ones that really got to me were 2NE1 and Blackpink (Blackpink being a legacy act formed off the ashes of 2NE1's impact).  idk how to explain it. S 

2 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

LITERALLY SAME! The UK just gets how to make unique girl groups. American girls groups tend to be very generic imo or simply make music I'm not too invested in. In terms of K-pop girl groups the only ones that really got to me were 2NE1 and Blackpink (Blackpink being a legacy act formed off the ashes of 2NE1's impact).  idk how to explain it. S 

You’re just stealing thoughts from my brain lol. I’ve always said that British girl bands sound more unique, whereas a lot of the American bands can sound extremely similar. I think that’s what attracted me so much to BLACKPINK as they stand out from the crowd. It’s nice to see that girl bands weren’t something that faded away over time. I’m not familiar with 2NE1, I’ve heard the name but not their music. I’ll check them out. 

5 minutes ago, Mystic Falls said:

You’re just stealing thoughts from my brain lol. I’ve always said that British girl bands sound more unique, whereas a lot of the American bands can sound extremely similar. I think that’s what attracted me so much to BLACKPINK as they stand out from the crowd. It’s nice to see that girl bands weren’t something that faded away over time. I’m not familiar with 2NE1, I’ve heard the name but not their music. I’ll check them out. 

oh yes totally check them out! I think some of their discog is probably a little dated now but they literally ruled k-pop and introducted the image that Blackpink roll with (the whole tough female edgy empowerment vibes). They were the first girl group from the record label that formed Blackpink and they actually disolved 2NE1 in order to form and focus on Blackpink (which kind of stinks but makes sense I guess). 

Some stand outs if you want are: I Love U, I Am The Best, Hate U, Ugly, Fire and Lonely (these are just some of my favs).

and yes totally agree! I think a big part of that has to do with Xenomania (the producers who worked on all of Girls Aloud's discography and on some of Sugababes standout tracks). They were a fantastic music production collective and they struck gold with both groups. But even beyond that...I mean even the Spice Girls were soo damn fun and unique compared to other groups around that time who were mostly singing ballads and corny AC music. 

anyways, I could go on and on about this lol. I LOVE the idea of Girl Groups and I'm glad it has always lived on as well. Just evolved in different markets and nations I suppose. 

Edited by IBeMe

Not their worst song. :rip:

Should have been Untouchable. :alexz:

20 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

:biblio:

But is Untouchable better or no? Following The Promise with this was their worst decision since ITWAN. :rip:

23 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

But is Untouchable better or no? Following The Promise with this was their worst decision since ITWAN. :rip:

well... both TLK and Untouchable are better than The Promise, that's for sure :gaycat6:

20 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

well... both TLK and Untouchable are better than The Promise, that's for sure :gaycat6:

Absolutely not The Promise is absolute perfection and their best single bar SotU. :rip:

11 hours ago, John Slayne said:

Definitely. The Promise is one of their worst.

We need more girl groups and hopefully UK will deliver us a new gen for 2020s

A BOP!

And the GMTV performance. :rip: 

May Sarah rest in peace.

The Promise is perfect so let's not

OT: streamed Ten earlier today...the amount of hits they had :clap:this is one of my fave GA songs. wish it was bigger.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.