Is SJP a one hit wonder? Should she have been bigger?

MadonnasBoyfriend

She was in a leading role on the Divorce, which lasted 3 seasons. Nothing to scoff at. And she was in Failure to launch, which is one of the most innovative movies of all time.

She is fine.

DIeigJK.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feather

• MadonnasBoyfriend

• Fastlane

• Sharapov

Nah, she’s a legend or at least an icon hihi. She gets so much hate and I really think it’s just cause of her appearance cause she seems like a really nice person

5 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Umm let’s not forget her iconic role in Mars Attacks!

tumblr_nopnaaoEN11rp0vkjo1_500.gif

6H1w.gif

ive never seen that but wtf at that gif :rip: Is that a chihuahua? lmao

8 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Umm let’s not forget her iconic role in Mars Attacks!

tumblr_nopnaaoEN11rp0vkjo1_500.gif

6H1w.gif

the girls don’t know about this one!

I think that she’s mostly a C-list actress that managed to get an iconic role that catapulted her to A-List forever status, not only she headlined SATC for 6 seasons but also managed to pull two movies that made almost $700M in box office and then is currently doing AJLT which went to be a hit in HBOMax, imagine spawning all that since 1998-2021.

I think that her problem is that she’s not a regular beauty, her talent is mostly limited and the projects that she choose (or were offered) were bad, like someone mentioned she did 3 seasons of Divorced but the show was meh, she’s done some movies but not a good one (Maybe Family’s Stone?) and now is doing theater but meh and her time and prime already happened, I think that she’s good with her shoe line and being a fashion icon, and she’s happy with that.

5 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I think that she’s mostly a C-list actress that managed to get an iconic role that catapulted her to A-List forever status, not only she headlined SATC for 6 seasons but also managed to pull two movies that made almost $700M in box office and then is currently doing AJLT which went to be a hit in HBOMax, imagine spawning all that since 1998-2021.

I think that her problem is that she’s not a regular beauty, her talent is mostly limited and the projects that she choose (or were offered) were bad, like someone mentioned she did 3 seasons of Divorced but the show was meh, she’s done some movies but not a good one (Maybe Family’s Stone?) and now is doing theater but meh and her time and prime already happened, I think that she’s good with her shoe line and being a fashion icon, and she’s happy with that.

Lots of insights in this comment :razzle:

i've always lumped her in the same league as Jennifer Aniston; serviceable TV actresses with 1 big role.

Aniston however is much bigger and managed to parlay her TV fame into some pretty big movies. also helps that she's more conventionally attractive than SJP. :cm:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get the Aniston comparisons but Jennifer have so much more successful movies: Cake, Horrible Bosses, Marley and Me, Just Go with It and We’re the Millers. She also has The Morning Show at the moment which is successful critically and streaming-wise.

I like SJP but she’s nowhere near Aniston. And I agree she is a one hit wonder.

shes kinda like jennifer aniston but worse. the role was bigger than the actor and ate her entire career

The role eclipsed her career just like Sarah Michelle Gellar. 

No, she can't act to save her life. She should be eternally thankful for SATC and how much of a phenomenom it was :rip:

When an actor has such an iconic character they're kinda trapped in that character forever.

But as other have pointed out she has been in some other successful films.

theres nothing wrong with being a one hit wonder either i love the new show!

11 hours ago, #Beautiful said:

shes kinda like jennifer aniston but worse. the role was bigger than the actor and ate her entire career

Except Jennifer Aniston has many successful movies. :confused:

16 hours ago, Inverted said:

in every movie i saw her all i could see was her playing the same rachel role. i like we're the millers though but the rest is...

The drama with her and Kim is that SJP felt some kind of way about Kim being the fan favorite. She’s a low-key mean girl. It’s not like her movie career was bigger than Kim’s. But anyways, she gained icon status from the show and refuses to let it go. Reese is the great example of an actress who knows how to pick interesting projects. 

9 hours ago, syrus said:

The drama with her and Kim is that SJP felt some kind of way about Kim being the fan favorite. She’s a low-key mean girl. It’s not like her movie career was bigger than Kim’s. But anyways, she gained icon status from the show and refuses to let it go. Reese is the great example of an actress who knows how to pick interesting projects. 

this is an invent. kim simply easnt close with the other 3 girls and with time she started disliking them and esp sjp

On 12/19/2021 at 12:18 PM, RussianRoulette said:

She has no range.

Jennifer Aniston has no range either, and plays Rachel Green in almost every movie she's in.

Jennifer Aniston is basically a SJP, except she still gets booked, endorsements, etc. I guess it really goes to show Friends >>>>>> S&TC.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:57 PM, Inverted said:

Not sure how Jennifer Aniston is able to play Rachel Green in almost every movie that I've seen and STILL have the power to be massive at the box office.

If you look at her filmography, all her films made 2x the initial movie budget (actually, 3-4x). She's only ever had 2-3 films that made under the box office performance.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:46 AM, Sharapov said:

this is an invent. kim simply easnt close with the other 3 girls and with time she started disliking them and esp sjp

Because Sarah was a mean girl. People who worked on the show have spoken out about SJP’s jealousy issues. And if you noticed, in later seasons, Carrie was very judgmental of Sam’s sexual behavior. That was no coincidence.  Sam was literally spoon feeding Carrie in the second movie. It’s okay to acknowledge that Sarah isn’t the sweetheart she tries to portray. 

5 hours ago, syrus said:

Because Sarah was a mean girl. People who worked on the show have spoken out about SJP’s jealousy issues. And if you noticed, in later seasons, Carrie was very judgmental of Sam’s sexual behavior. That was no coincidence.  Sam was literally spoon feeding Carrie in the second movie. It’s okay to acknowledge that Sarah isn’t the sweetheart she tries to portray. 

What is this fan fiction? Literally no one has said anything bad about SJP ever apart from Miss Kim Cattrall. All her costars and colleagues have nothing but nice things to say about her all the time. :rip: 

But I'm glad you tried it, like Samantha Jones did. :sistrens:

Edited by igninton