• ALA

• BNF91

• JBJT2786

• Broken

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Oh wow. $72M True Fri. $122M OD :alexz:

$250M+ is happening. 

Can I get a link to that?  So I can add it to the OP.Also Saturday literally has to make about the same amount for 250 as the Friday without previews to be possible. We'll see.

121.5m, 2nd biggest OD of all time. 

Seems like >TFA is a done deal. IW had massive Saturday as most MCU movies, so considering this is also MCU this might pull ahead. 

12 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Can I get a link to that?  So I can add it to the OP.Also Saturday literally has to make about the same amount for 250 as the Friday without previews to be possible. We'll see.

I'm reading off another forum so I can't provide a link, it's locked behind member's access.. But media outlets are starting to report the numbers now. Saturday should be no less than 75-80M. Sunday drop won't be harsh either. 

It just had a bigger true Friday than The Force Awakens even though it's previews were 7M less. :deadbanana2:

adjusted for inflation, spider man megablockbusters in the US

Spider Man $646

Spider Man 2 $550

Spider Man 3 $447

wonder where this Event will land.

Should finally get one of the star wars outside the top 100 (Attack of the Clones, $489 mil).

Edited by fridayteenage

$253M :wanda:

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Swinging To 3rd Best Domestic Opening Ever With $253M+ Overtaking ‘Force Awakens’; Is ‘Infinity War’ Next? – Saturday PM Update

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-man-no-way-home-50m-preview-easily-pandemic-record-all-time-for-sony-100m-friday-likely-1234898486/amp/

1 hour ago, Broken said:

$253M :wanda:

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Swinging To 3rd Best Domestic Opening Ever With $253M+ Overtaking ‘Force Awakens’; Is ‘Infinity War’ Next? – Saturday PM Update

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-man-no-way-home-50m-preview-easily-pandemic-record-all-time-for-sony-100m-friday-likely-1234898486/amp/

I was gonna post this  and update the OP last night but the final estimates will be up this morning so I didn't bother. We'll probably get final estimates in an hour or two.

$253M!  Wouldn’t be surprised if it passes IW when the actual numbers come out.  Surprised Sony is being conservative with the estimates 

12 minutes ago, BuzzCharts said:

$253M!  Wouldn’t be surprised if it passes IW when the actual numbers come out.  Surprised Sony is being conservative with the estimates 

it's always better to underestimate.

"Outdoing expectations by $10 mil" or w/e sounds better than "$2 million short of studio estimates!"

I hope despite the Omnicron variant, this can still make a billion dollar. It deserves to do that.