Spider-man: No Way Home BO Megathread- 668M US, 1.53B WW

JBJT2786

8 hours ago, Broken said:

bom.jpg

I hope it outgrosses Juassic World :giraffe:.

The way Spider-Man just surpassed Black Panther and will surpass 2 Avengers movies during this next week / weekend :deadbanana4:

Even in this pandemic the movie could potentially surpass Infinity War if it had China...:deadbanana4:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ALA

• BNF91

• JBJT2786

• Broken

Top Posters In This Topic

$7.7M Monday domestic. Expect a slight drop for Tuesday also. Holiday adjustments for the next week. 

7M Tuesday 

5.7M Wed 

5M Thurs.. then a 28M wknd I'm guessing. 

Edited by BNF91

$5.9M Tuesday (-72% from last Tues). Hefty drop but expected (though probably didn't expect a full -25%, was thinking more like -12%) as holidays are over and people transition back to work and school. Monday was boosted a bit by people having Monday off because New Year's fell on a Saturday. 

As expected, slowing down fast now that the lucrative holiday business is done. 

Edited by BNF91

$4.6M on Wednesday. Down another 23%.. holiday adjustment is real. $26-28M for the wknd. Avatar looking unlikely. 

Edited by BNF91

Black panther was locked after the 3rd weekend. Seems like the absolute barren wasteland of no movie releases is really helping Spiderman. It's definitely benefitting from having literally no competition releasing to disturb it's theatre counts.. An advantage 99% of films never get.

There is a discourse that suggests Spiderman isn't seeing much of a decline due to pandemic; those who want to see it are going to see it. Teenagers and young adults aren't being deterred from going to the movies, for the right product. 

Anyway overseas numbers are great, big Japan opening. 1B OS might happen after a $64M OS weekend. $1.65-1.75B finish still. 

21stc, US domestic, adjusted for inflation

Star Wars VII $1013

Avengers Endgame $893*

Avengers $720*

Jurassic World $720

Black Panther $715*

Dark Knight $698*

Avengers Infinity War $679*

Spider Man No Way Home $669*

Shrek 2 $666

Knocked out of the top 10 is OG Spider Man at $662.

Such a phenomenal result :rip: this is gonna play for the next several months considering the only "big" theater plays before the Batman are Scream and Uncharted :toofunny2:

Edited by ALA

NWH is now the highest-grossing movie of all time in México :deadbanana2::dies:.

Top 5:

1. Spider-Man: No Way Home

2. Avengers: Endgame

3. Toy Story 4

4. Avengers: Infinity War

5. Coco

It's surpassed Black Panther ( as of tomorrow)

I finally watched the movie and was ok, I felt like it dragged out in certain parts but overall it was good and no surprise that is doing so good in the box office.

marvel saving the cinema :clap3: 

not 1.75b:deadvision: totally would've surpassed TFA in normal times

1 hour ago, terrorblade said:

not 1.75b:deadvision: totally would've surpassed TFA in normal times

It can still do it with a China release :jonny5:

2 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

It can still do it with a China release :jonny5:

You think so?

Finally saw it.  Downright awful plot.

There was legit not one good moment in this :rip: even my friend who’s super delusional when it comes to the MCU was underwhelmed 

Great legs. But my god, talk about benefitting from lack of competition. Don't think I've seen a situation in recent moments where a film has been able to just dominate the marketplace so much. 

22 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

How much more money can this film make? 

It'll probably finish with 1.8 billion. If it plays well till Batman maaaybe it could do 1.9 but idk.

On 1/24/2022 at 12:30 PM, publikcitizen said:

How much more money can this film make? 

It literally depends on the China release. China is Marvel’s biggest market after USA. Just for reference Infinity Wars grossed 325M and Endgame 629M in China alone :rip: 

It’s outperforming Infinity War by quite a bit so if it’s released in China it would do 400-450M more so it could end up at 2.2-2.3B and easily end up at #3 on the all time list behind Avatar and Endgame.

Without China it’ll probably end up at 1.8B maaaaybe a bit higher but I honestly doubt it can go higher without China.