• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kassi

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Miss Show Business

• ATRL Moderator

Trump was president while 400,000 Americans had died from a virus he said was just like the flu, the economy was decimated, and was the least popular sitting president in political polling history. Biden still managed to barely beat him by 45,000 votes across 3 states. Biden stands no chance at a reelection bid in 2024. Had Trump paid basic lip service to taking COVID-19 seriously, he very likely would have won in 2020.

So, yeah, it appears Biden is destined to be a 1-term president.

Yeah, I’ve voted in every single election since I became an adult and I’m not motivated to vote at all. It’s funny how dems have screamed about the right depressing the vote but they’re the ones who really did it to themselves….at this point I’m just saving all my extra money and planning to leave the country if things get weird. 

3 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

There’s still 3 years to go. a lot can change by then

Nope. Biden's presidency is OVER. He has already shown he has no desire to do anything through executive orders and he doesn't want to eliminate the filibuster. And BBB is a dud. His approval ratings, alongside Kamala's, is abysmal. He's been steadily losing support across all voting groups. Even white women, hence the last election the other month when they all went back to voting republican (shocker).

And his refusal to do anything regarding student debt relief is only furthering to antagonize young voters. He basically said fuck you to them, which is why his admin is restarting payments in January, because apparently, it's a "high priority".

giphy.gif

And unless Stacey manages another miracle, she and Raphael can kiss those Georgia voters goodbye after they dupped them into voting for this man. 

Biden's presidency has been very flaccid and disappointing, especially in the last 6 months. He still has a few years to turn it around. However, I think the GOP has a very high likelihood of winning the House in 2022 and their nominee becoming president in 2024.

All that being said, some of you are looking very ignorant in here with the "I won't vote at all in 2024" or "If Trump wins, so be it." Not even a year ago we had essentially a cult leader in charge of the country. His supporters have made up their own reality to support their beliefs and biases. They will manipulate the truth to get what they want, and are ravenous to restrict voter rights, abortion access, and probably other civil liberties in support of what I would describe as a white, Christofacist ideology. I am heavily concerned about what the Republicans would do with full control of the House/Senate/SCOTUS/presidency, especially now that their shit is out in the open. They don't have to be fair with the Dems. They won't be afraid to use that majority to get what they want politically, unlike the Dems who sit on their hands and try to play nice with a party that is spiraling to the extreme right. If the GOP wins everything, they could easily stack the electoral system in their favor to maintain power for a long time... even though more people in the country lean center to the left-wing. They know how to play the game and it's fucked. Please keep that in mind when the next elections come around. Biden sucks, but the alternative is very very very bad.

11 minutes ago, i spit on haters said:

Nope. Biden's presidency is OVER. He has already shown he has no desire to do anything through executive orders and he doesn't want to eliminate the filibuster. And BBB is a dud. His approval ratings, alongside Kamala's, is abysmal. He's been steadily losing support across all voting groups. Even white women, hence the last election the other month when they all went back to voting republican (shocker).

And his refusal to do anything regarding student debt relief is only furthering to antagonize young voters. He basically said fuck you to them, which is why his admin is restarting payments in January, because apparently, it's a "high priority".

giphy.gif

Executive orders do not hold as much weight as federal law. Do you really think ballsy Executive orders would be upheld in Trump packed federal courts? :skull:

And do we really want to eliminate the filibuster when the Republicans could use that to their advantage the next time they are in power? Everything the Dems do will become precedent, unless they made it a temporary rule, but I don't even know if that's possible. Nothing would stop the Republicans from doing it too, the next time they are in power.

Too many people want to complain when y'all aren't even doing the BARE MINIMUM. This is what a Presidency with a very limited Congressional majority looks like. The solution is electing more Democrats who would support the proposals you want to see passed. The solution is at the ballot box — and some in here are saying they're not even voting. Then, you don't get to complain if you don't use the power you do have. Get involved. Volunteer for campaigns. VOTE for gods sake.

If his presidency continues to be as disastrous as it has been then absolutely. Kept zero promises, doing exactly what Trump did with Covid by leaving it up to states, barely on TV, a total no-show VP, and a House/Senate that’s in his favor that can’t get ANYTHING done.

The fact that Roe v. Wade might get sidestepped under his watch is embarrassing. The Democratic Party is embarrassing. The midterms are gonna be a bloodbath for Democrats and they have nobody to blame but themselves. And none of the “well at least he isn’t Trump” excuses are gonna work in 2024 either.

A Kamala/Pete ticket would be an even bigger landslide for Republicans. DeSantis or Trump will be the president in 2025.

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Executive orders do not hold as much weight as federal law. Do you really think ballsy Executive orders would be upheld in Trump packed federal courts? :skull:

And do we really want to eliminate the filibuster when the Republicans could use that to their advantage the next time they are in power? Everything the Dems do will become precedent, unless they made it a temporary rule, but I don't even know if that's possible. Nothing would stop the Republicans from doing it too, the next time they are in power.

If democrats eliminated the filibuster to do meaningful stuff? Absolutely. If they eliminated the filibuster to expand voting rights which would make it easier for Republicans to lose? Absolutely. If they eliminated the filibuster to pass extremely popular policies that materially improve people's lives and strengthen their chances at reelection? Absolutely.

The hysteria of what the Republicans are going to do if we do X is a bit silly because Republicans are gonna Republican. Mitch McConnell is probably already plotting the removal of the filibuster anyway. The ultimate flaw of Democrats is they govern from a place of cowardly defense. This ultimately is due to their corporate donors being actively disinterested in necessary economic change. Regardless, Democratic rhetoric is always cowardly: "We can't raise the minimum wage because Republican voters would be upset and we would lose in future elections" (even though raising the minimum wage is popular among Republicans). 

Progressives are not asking for radical ideas. They're actually asking Biden fight for his own lukewarm agenda that he campaigned on. Instead, Biden is opting for doing nothing and chasing worthless bipartisanship that voters ultimately do not care about and Dems will suffer as a result of it. Playing the moderate lane is not only bad for accomplishing the policies the vast majority of Democrats (and people in general) support, but it's also ineffectual in terms of winning elections. Give people results they will notice in their everyday lives and you are more likely to win. 

If Biden did the bare minimum of publicly and vocally fighting for his policies that could materially improve people's lives, that would be better than him calling Kyrsten Sinema "smart as the devil" while she's refusing to speak with her voters and she's holding up his own milquetoast platform. I hate Trump with all my heart and soul, but he had such a powerful base because they felt he actually listened to them and fought for what they wanted. Democratic voters are dispirited because their party has the House, the Senate, and the White House and it still feels like the Republicans are in power so what is the point in voting at all? You can't make a compelling case for why Democratic voters should stay dialed in and engaged when they constantly take losses while their party is in power. That is completely the fault of the Democratic Party and expecting continued support from voters for lackluster performance is unrealistic.

36 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Has to be one of the most out of touch things I have ever read on here, then again I shouldn't be surprised since its posted by you.

At least Biden supports human rights. With a legislative super majority, we'd likely see the Equality Act passed, Lynching Act passed, Voting Rights passed, Abortion rights codified into law, etc.

This is the major difference extremist leftists prefer to ignore. They scream "iDeNtItY pOlItIcS" when someone dares bring up civil rights, gay rights, women's rights, etc. But this is the difference.

Additionally, far to many people simply so not understand how government works. Presidents cannot simply do whatever they want via executive order. And even if they do, it does not hold as much power as federal law. A law passed by Congress and signed by the President probably faces tougher challenges being overturned in courts than an executive order.

We are a system of checks and balances. One of these is that the Senate can only pass certain legislation with a 60/40 super majority. This would likely include all of the things I included above, additionally things like raising the minimum wage, etc. A 50/50 tie broken by the VP is simply not good enough to be able to pass more progressive legislation, especially with 2 conservative Democrats (real conservative Democrats, who actually vote much more with the GOP on partisan lines, not centre left Dems the extremist left likes to call "right wing".)

The fact that January 6th happened and some people still need to be told that the Democratic party is literally nothing like the GOP is alarming.

We literally TOLD the extremist leftists in 2016 what a GOP packed Supreme Court could do. They said to not use the SCOTUS to instill fear in people — and here we are, on the precipice of Roe V Wade being killed by Trump's judges.

Too many on the far left and far right only care about themselves. It's never about anybody else, it's me me me. If you truly cared about defending vulnerable people as you claim, you wouldn't be so dense as to claim Biden is a Republican, when a majority of Republicans have no problem with the January 6 insurrection, have no problem voting against gay rights, civil rights, women's rights; have no problem voting against comprehensive gun legislation reform, etc.

Well said.

Just because he didn't cancel student debt you have people saying they won't vote for whoever is running against tyrannical, COVID-denying, Q Anon insurrectionists. 

Pure idiocy. If you're a leftist you vote for the further left candidate, it isn't rocket science. 

2 hours ago, Green said:

Is Kamala coming?

Hopefully not. :skull:

Edited by Billionaire

10 minutes ago, bad guy said:

If his presidency continues to be as disastrous as it has been then absolutely. Kept zero promises, doing exactly what Trump did with Covid by leaving it up to states, barely on TV, a total no-show VP, and a House/Senate that’s in his favor that can’t get ANYTHING done.

The fact that Roe v. Wade might get sidestepped under his watch is embarrassing. The Democratic Party is embarrassing. The midterms are gonna be a bloodbath for Democrats and they have nobody to blame but themselves. And none of the “well at least he isn’t Trump” excuses are gonna work in 2024 either.

A Kamala/Pete ticket would be an even bigger landslide for Republicans. DeSantis or Trump will be the president in 2025.

Blaming Biden for the Supreme Court is ridiculous. Trump nominated three people, Biden has yet to nominate anyone and the Supreme Court is 6-3.

26 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

At least Biden supports human rights.

31 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

With a legislative super majority

33 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Presidents cannot simply do whatever they want via executive order.

35 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

We literally TOLD the extremist leftists in 2016 what a GOP packed Supreme Court could do. They said to not use the SCOTUS to instill fear in people — and here we are, on the precipice of Roe V Wade being killed by Trump's judges

39 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Too many on the far left and far right only care about themselves. It's never about anybody else, it's me me me.

did-not-vote-2020-600x592.png?p=4441

No. And the people who think so know very little about politics, they just want to own the libs or w/e. :chick1:

Americans love incumbents, as they are known quantities and humans have a very strong status quo bias. Hence why Trump almost won re-election. Once people realize their lives improved from Covid 2020, actually, they’ll settle more on the current guy. Plus there’s a good chance Republicans will control one of the two chambers of Congress in the next four years and will likely harass Biden. Something else Americans HATE — see Trump approvals after impeachment trials. :gaycat3: 

31 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Has to be one of the most out of touch things I have ever read on here, then again I shouldn't be surprised since its posted by you.

At least Biden supports human rights. With a legislative super majority, we'd likely see the Equality Act passed, Lynching Act passed, Voting Rights passed, Abortion rights codified into law, etc.

This is the major difference extremist leftists prefer to ignore. They scream "iDeNtItY pOlItIcS" when someone dares bring up civil rights, gay rights, women's rights, etc. But this is the difference.

Additionally, far to many people simply so not understand how government works. Presidents cannot simply do whatever they want via executive order. And even if they do, it does not hold as much power as federal law. A law passed by Congress and signed by the President probably faces tougher challenges being overturned in courts than an executive order.

We are a system of checks and balances. One of these is that the Senate can only pass certain legislation with a 60/40 super majority. This would likely include all of the things I included above, additionally things like raising the minimum wage, etc. A 50/50 tie broken by the VP is simply not good enough to be able to pass more progressive legislation, especially with 2 conservative Democrats (real conservative Democrats, who actually vote much more with the GOP on partisan lines, not centre left Dems the extremist left likes to call "right wing".)

The fact that January 6th happened and some people still need to be told that the Democratic party is literally nothing like the GOP is alarming.

We literally TOLD the extremist leftists in 2016 what a GOP packed Supreme Court could do. They said to not use the SCOTUS to instill fear in people — and here we are, on the precipice of Roe V Wade being killed by Trump's judges.

Too many on the far left and far right only care about themselves. It's never about anybody else, it's me me me. If you truly cared about defending vulnerable people as you claim, you wouldn't be so dense as to claim Biden is a Republican, when a majority of Republicans have no problem with the January 6 insurrection, have no problem voting against gay rights, civil rights, women's rights; have no problem voting against comprehensive gun legislation reform, etc.

if it's like 2016 then people would believe this. but not when we're coming two years into the Biden's presidency.

lemme remind you that the Democrats are controlling The WH, Congress and Senate. 

and what has changed? literally nothing. virtually none of the campaign promises - even the ones that're well within Biden's power to execute - are met.

so stop blaming the "far left" - which really don't even make up that many % of voters.

we lived through Trump, civil rights, women's rights remained intact for the most parts and the Democrats didn't really improve anything so far, and literally nothing changed for gay rights. so you can't keep scaring people with "look how bad the other side is". people voted for you and their lives are still fucking shit. some even got worse. people are allowed to sit the next one out if there's no point in voting. and they're also allowed to vote for the other party too if they think the improvements Democrats made aren't enough to make up to unfulfilled promises and their life was better under the Republicans.

stop living in that privileged Democrats bootlicking bubble of yours and start looking into places where regular people are talking. people are FED UP. they are tired. they regret voting Biden. don't tell people to stop making it about them when the reality is they can't worry about other people when they barely survive themselves. 

when one thing that really unity the progressives (not the "far left") and the Republicans is their hatred for Joe Biden, then you should know where this is headed to.

2 minutes ago, Kassi said:

No. And the people who think so know very little about politics, they just want to own the libs or w/e. :chick1:

Americans love incumbents, as they are known quantities and humans have a very strong status quo bias. Hence why Trump almost won re-election. Once people realize their lives improved from Covid, actually, they’ll settle more on the current guy. Plus there’s a good chance Republicans will control one of the two chambers of Congress in the next four years and will likely harass Biden. Something else Americans HATE — see Trump approvals after impeachment trials. :gaycat3: 

It's almost like some people on this site WANT Biden to lose. It's obvious that a lot of these people can afford to lose another election. They'll pretend they care about progressive causes but sit out on an election/spread falsehoods about the Democratic Party, not caring that a Republican president will bring irreparable harm to this country. Just look at how Hillary's loss affected the Supreme Court and how none of the Bernie-or-Busters want to take responsibility for it.

4 minutes ago, getback said:

we're coming two years into the Biden's presidency.

lemme remind you that the Democrats are controlling The WH, Congress and Senate. 

1 year, bestie. 

And there are only 48 Democrats in the Senate, and even with the two independents, it’s tied. :chick2:

1 hour ago, Thinking Of You said:

Trump won’t even able to run an actual campaign. His only platform will be the television.

television (and all news media) will cover his every move breathlessly. and all social media will re-platform him once he officially announces his candidacy (not that he needs a personal facebook/twitter/youtube account to be able to run ads on these platforms). he will have plenty of resources and the entire republican machine will support him the second he sweeps the primary (which he will do with ease if he runs).  

20 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Too many people want to complain when y'all aren't even doing the BARE MINIMUM. This is what a Presidency with a very limited Congressional majority looks like. The solution is electing more Democrats who would support the proposals you want to see passed.

20 minutes ago, Communion said:

did-not-vote-2020-600x592.png?p=4441

The last one :bibliahh:

What kind of "gotcha" is showing me that the majority of people literally do not care enough to vote, even for themselves? Like I said, if you do not vote, you don't get to complain, and 2020 showed us gen z and extreme leftists do NOT get out to vote.

Julian Assange — as far as I know deserves to be in prison; you're basically a Russian apologist if you think he should walk completely free.

I literally don't care enough to type anymore paragraphs you won't even read and only respond with more inflammatory, slanted news articles that don't tell the whole story, or only tell the story Biden haters want to hear. Trying to reason or debate with you is like trying to reason with an inanimate object.

Edited by Miss Show Business

I’m not from America, can someone explain to me why Biden’s presidency is failing atm? And detailed if possible cause ‘he just fails on any of his promises’ is too vague to me :michael:

11 minutes ago, Jotham said:

It's almost like some people on this site WANT Biden to lose. It's obvious that a lot of these people can afford to lose another election. They'll pretend they care about progressive causes but sit out on an election/spread falsehoods about the Democratic Party, not caring that a Republican president will bring irreparable harm to this country. Just look at how Hillary's loss affected the Supreme Court and how none of the Bernie-or-Busters want to take responsibility for it.

They truly do not care about any of the things they claim to care about.

If you're willing to flush your values down the toilet because your preferred candidate did not win the nomination, then you don't give a rats ass about the people you claim to be an advocate for. Handing elections to Republicans only makes people's lives worse, especially with their trend toward authoritarian fascism.

It's also telling how badly they want Biden to fail. They want him to fail so they don't have to explain their political shortcomings. So they don't have to actually find a reason why they lost two primaries back to back. Instead they can just point to Biden, blame him, and claim their candidate who couldn't even win in a primary would have been better.

Might as well let Kamala and Buttigeg run now and rip the loss bandaid off sooner rather than later since if Biden runs in 2024, they will definitely run in 2028

giphy.gif

Anyway, yeah probably. I have no clue what'll happen on the Republican side (Trump again, someone else we know, a newbie, etc.) so I won't guess there, but I can see either Biden/Kamala or Kamala/Buttigeg losing regardless.

Just now, pieceofgök said:

I’m not from America, can someone explain to me why Biden’s presidency is failing atm? And detailed if possible cause ‘he just fails on any of his promises’ is too vague to me :michael:

I wouldn't say he's completely failing: he just signed into law a huge infrastructure bill that invests billions into infrastructure, and addresses things like the enviornment and climate.

It's the more progressive aspects he ran on that will be more difficult to pass. Here in the US, any legislation in the upper chamber of Congress can be "filibustered", or debated for an infinite amount of time, if it does not have a 60/40 majority. Right now, Democrats are 50/50, and two of the Democrats are from red states and tend to vote more with the conservatives. Some people want to just eliminate the filibuster: but if the conservatives decided to do that during the Trump era I'm sure there would have been an uproar.