• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kassi

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Miss Show Business

I think so, yes. But the dems. are fucked either way. They're already testing the waters of pushing a Kamala & Buttigieg ticket. They're going to be obliterated in the midterms and in 2024. And I won't be voting dem and there's no amount of fear mongering about Trump that is going to catalyze me (and millions of others) to the polls. 

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, beatinglikeadrum said:

I think he will be. And what's worse, Trump may come back.

I REBUKE THIS IN THE NAME OF KAMALA

I will vote for him again over Trump because even though he isn't great, atleast he isn't ruining our country and he has actually handled the pandemic very well. There's a chance he will be one term but if it's Trump.. Ugh :rip: 

18 minutes ago, i spit on haters said:

I think so, yes. But the dems. are fucked either way. They're already testing the waters of pushing a Kamala & Buttigieg ticket. They're going to be obliterated in the midterms and in 2024. And I won't be voting dem and there's no amount of fear mongering about Trump that is going to catalyze me (and millions of others) to the polls. 

giphy.gif

Speak for yourself. I will gladly go vote again over Donald Trump.

I hope he doesn't run again.  However, IF we are given sh*t options yet again during the next Democratic primaries, I honestly don't know what we are expected to do if he's chosen during primaries.  I enjoy knowing that my government isn't going to completely break the next day.  That's my new bare minimum when it comes to voting at this point.  It's so sad.

That being said, I would ALWAYS vote for him over Tr*mp  Like, not even close.  The fact that Biden is at least competent is enough of a reason to vote for him over "disgraced former president".

Edited by Archetype

People in this thread going hard defending several alleged rapists :clownny:

all i can add is keep the same energy *camera shutter*

OT: he absolutely will be, we the people will be giving him the boot. It's already looking good for trump unfortunately 

Edited by cyclone

24 minutes ago, Archetype said:

I hope he doesn't run again.  However, IF we are given sh*t options yet again during the next Democratic primaries, I honestly don't know what we are expected to do if he's chosen during primaries.  I enjoy knowing that my government isn't going to completely break the next day.  That's my new bare minimum when it comes to voting at this point.  It's so sad.

That being said, I would ALWAYS vote for him over Tr*mp  Like, not even close.  The fact that Biden is at least competent is enough of a reason to vote for him over "disgraced former president".

The problem with the primaries is that he’s virtually guaranteed to sweep them if he runs at all. Some states may not even hold primaries or caucuses if he runs, since he’s the incumbent. The Democratic Party - really both parties, honestly - is incredibly resilient to challenges to incumbent Presidents; no incumbent who has participated in the full primary cycle has ever lost nomination.

What I’m most worried about is Biden declining to run, or stepping down before the primaries, and endorsing Kamala. She would benefit enough from this incumbency bias to probably win the nomination, and I have even less faith in her ability to win than I have in Biden’s. :katie:

Democraps are not getting the job done in Congress or the White House. Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This country needs a working class revolt. The system is broken.

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

The problem with the primaries is that he’s virtually guaranteed to sweep them if he runs at all. Some states may not even hold primaries or caucuses if he runs, since he’s the incumbent. The Democratic Party - really both parties, honestly - is incredibly resilient to challenges to incumbent Presidents; no incumbent who has participated in the full primary cycle has ever lost nomination.

What I’m most worried about is Biden declining to run, or stepping down before the primaries, and endorsing Kamala. She would benefit enough from this incumbency bias to probably win the nomination, and I have even less faith in her ability to win than I have in Biden’s. :katie:

Kamala has historically low approval ratings (i don’t entirely think it is all her fault). People do not like her and other candidates would challenge her, I could see Biden withholding his endorsement until the winner is obvious. Like how Obama did not endorse Biden until almost everyone dropped out. 
If Trump does run, which is extremely unlikely, the dems will force Biden to run again. Even if Biden is a walking skeleton at that point.  Trump has been deteriorating faster than Biden. Trump was actually a great public speaker in 2016, now his speeches are full of nonsensical runoffs. I really hope it isn’t Trump vs Biden again. If Biden won there is no way he could finish a full term. He’d probably resign after the midterms and Kamala would become our first female president. 
Anyway, I would 100% be fine if both Biden and Trump did not run

8 minutes ago, getback said:

Trump is gonna win again, the writings are on the wall at this point

Trump won’t even able to run an actual campaign. His only platform will be the television.

I don't know how to predict US elections anymore.  2010 was a big win for republicans and then 2012 was a big win for democrats.  Considering Biden barely won in 2020 and the incumbent almost always loses some votes "he" (RIP) had prior, I do not think things are looking good for him.  

Also, he is so old.  Might not be worth running again. 

1 hour ago, Mariah's Glove said:

But if Kamala runs she will probably lose closer to 45 so

The democrats could run a soggy french fry as the candidate and Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Illinois, California, Oregon, New Jersey, and Washington would still vote for it at least

Yes.  Senator Mancin or whoever is the actual leader apparently.

5 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Trump won’t even able to run an actual campaign. His only platform will be the television.

there's nothing preventing him from running again aside from his dementia but if biden could win without being able to string a coherent sentence then so could trump

15 minutes ago, getback said:

there's nothing preventing him from running again aside from his dementia but if biden could win without being able to string a coherent sentence then so could trump

I never said he won’t run again. I’m saying it won’t be a successful campaign because his lack of resources.

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Having a right-wing Democrat doesn't offer any true alternative to a right-wing Republican.

Has to be one of the most out of touch things I have ever read on here, then again I shouldn't be surprised since its posted by you.

At least Biden supports human rights. With a legislative super majority, we'd likely see the Equality Act passed, Lynching Act passed, Voting Rights passed, Abortion rights codified into law, etc.

This is the major difference extremist leftists prefer to ignore. They scream "iDeNtItY pOlItIcS" when someone dares bring up civil rights, gay rights, women's rights, etc. But this is the difference.

Additionally, far to many people simply so not understand how government works. Presidents cannot simply do whatever they want via executive order. And even if they do, it does not hold as much power as federal law. A law passed by Congress and signed by the President probably faces tougher challenges being overturned in courts than an executive order.

We are a system of checks and balances. One of these is that the Senate can only pass certain legislation with a 60/40 super majority. This would likely include all of the things I included above, additionally things like raising the minimum wage, etc. A 50/50 tie broken by the VP is simply not good enough to be able to pass more progressive legislation, especially with 2 conservative Democrats (real conservative Democrats, who actually vote much more with the GOP on partisan lines, not centre left Dems the extremist left likes to call "right wing".)

The fact that January 6th happened and some people still need to be told that the Democratic party is literally nothing like the GOP is alarming.

We literally TOLD the extremist leftists in 2016 what a GOP packed Supreme Court could do. They said to not use the SCOTUS to instill fear in people — and here we are, on the precipice of Roe V Wade being killed by Trump's judges.

Too many on the far left and far right only care about themselves. It's never about anybody else, it's me me me. If you truly cared about defending vulnerable people as you claim, you wouldn't be so dense as to claim Biden is a Republican, when a majority of Republicans have no problem with the January 6 insurrection, have no problem voting against gay rights, civil rights, women's rights; have no problem voting against comprehensive gun legislation reform, etc.

Edited by Miss Show Business