Cardi's I Like It certified Diamond!!!

Baby Judas

a SMASH in my first listen :jonny5:

"Papa-paparazzi, like I'm Lady Gaga" did that :jonnycat:

Also, can Interflop hurry the fvck up with Just Dance? I want Gaga to share the record with Cardi and Katy.. and share with whoever again for 4 Diamond Singles with Shallow :jonnycat:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scorp

• Baby Judas

• slw84

• professor2000

Top Posters In This Topic

THE ONE AND ONLY QUEEN OF RAP! 

WAP is coming for Diamond too so she’ll have record for having most Diamond singles for a female :soda:

5 hours ago, DemDam92 said:

Is it only me or has getting RIAA Diamond for singles become super easy since streaming?

Easier maybe, but albums are lucky to go platinum these days so there’s a bit of a trade off.

6 hours ago, Baby Judas said:

Bodak - solo

Girls Like You - as a feature

I Like It - her single with features

:jonny:

k3kEByp.gif

5 hours ago, Scorp said:

The way the media is gonna get tired of reporting on her going diamond :deadbanana4:

The most diamond certified singles by any female in HISTORY :deadbanana4:

All of this with ONE ALBUM :deadbanana4:

I just know IOP updated SPS is bananas by now shshshsbsbsbsjhdjdjdjdhdhsjss 

The Biggest. The Baddest. The QUEEN. :jonny5:

Yes right now it's at almost 6x platinum. It might be worth it just to certify her album 5x platinum for now and eventually it'll hit 6. I think it's somewhere between 5.6/5.7M right now 

4 hours ago, faceclef said:

Shes about to surpass the men

as she should

Yet only few artists made it in the streaming era. Why?

OTR

Despacito

Meant To be

God's Plan

Baby Shark ( :eli:   )

Congratulations

Sunflower

Havana

Bodak yellow

I Like It

Trap Queen

Life Is Good

Girls Like You

Rockstar

The Box

Sicko Mode

Sad

And no doubt, all the singles in this list are HUGE HUGE!!

This is still a lot of songs certified diamond. Definitely seems easier with streams which isn't a bad thing to point out.

6 hours ago, DangerousNicky said:

The way WAP will check the only box left that is co-lead single :gaycat4:

Very good. I didn't even think of it that way.

I forgot that car brand/model. But it's been spammed in Youtube ads for like couple of months ago, and they're using ILI for their commercial. :clap3: 

considering the sample that says alot that it gets her more coins than her other songs but it does have universal appeal

21 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

This is still a lot of songs certified diamond. Definitely seems easier with streams which isn't a bad thing to point out.

100% agree. Definitely easier to do now compared to pure sales era.  But not easy in general.  

Congrats to her! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

1 hour ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

WAP is coming for Diamond too so she’ll have record for having most Diamond singles for a female :soda:

Yes and the interesting thing is the girls in line will be less likely to get another whereas it's very possible she might get 1-2 more in her 2nd era.

at most katy can get 7 but 2 of her 8x platinum songs don't get as much units so Katy can get up to 4-5

looks like it can go:

Katy 5-7

Cardi 4 if not more

Rihanna 3 or more if she ever releases

Gaga up to 3

Taylor up to 3

:clap3:

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Yes right now it's at almost 6x platinum. It might be worth it just to certify her album 5x platinum for now and eventually it'll hit 6. I think it's somewhere between 5.6/5.7M right now 

as she should

Just so damn proud of her. What a a year we've had :deadbanana4:

40 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

100% agree. Definitely easier to do now compared to pure sales era.  But not easy in general.  

Congrats to her! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Funny how only 2 females from the pure sales era did it...and only ONE from the streaming era did it so wtf is this? :rip:

Hopefully other female rappers/pop singers(?) will EASILY start collecting their first diamond record let alone their 3rd :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

Cardi is redefining superstardom in rap one diamond certification at a time :jonny5:

36 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Yes and the interesting thing is the girls in line will be less likely to get another whereas it's very possible she might get 1-2 more in her 2nd era.

at most katy can get 7 but 2 of her 8x platinum songs don't get as much units so Katy can get up to 4-5

looks like it can go:

Katy 5-7

Cardi 4 if not more

Gaga up to 3

Taylor up to 3

Gaga is coming for 4 Diamond Singles within 1-2years

Poker Face, Bad Romance and

Just Dance - 9x Plat Certified, Diamond eligible or almost there

Shallow - 4x Plat Certified, 8x Plat Eligible and fast approaching 9x Plat

:celestial5:

16 minutes ago, Scorp said:

Funny how only 2 females from the pure sales era did it...and only ONE from the streaming era did it so wtf is this? :rip:

Hopefully other female rappers/pop singers(?) will EASILY start collecting their first diamond record let alone their 3rd :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

Truth Hurts is 7x Platinum so it's the closest. Say So is at 5 million in sales, but still at 3x Platinum.

8 hours ago, Scorp said:

Did you not read what I said?  You really be twisting anything positive into a negative.  :skull: 

6 hours ago, DevonRoars said:

Truth Hurts is 7x Platinum so it's the closest. Say So is at 5 million in sales, but still at 3x Platinum.

This…and it’s only been a little over a year for SS peak.  It’ll definitely reach similar milestone 1-2 years.  If not, def “KMM” which is already at 4M.  

As I said, comparing Diamond of pure sales era vs. streaming era is comparing apples to oranges.  But either way going Diamond is not EASY, just easier compared pure sales era.  Still commendable either way. 

8 hours ago, slw84 said:

looks like it can go:

Katy 5-7

Cardi 4 if not more

Gaga up to 3

Taylor up to 3

adele also has 3 (SFTR will eventually become diamond too tho) but I don't see her old label ever buying the certifications :deadbanana2:

9 hours ago, slw84 said:

looks like it can go:

Katy 5-7

Cardi 4 if not more

Gaga up to 3

Taylor up to 3

Gaga up to 4, Shallow iss already eligible for 8x :celestial5:

9 hours ago, Scorp said:

So you are catching the passiveness and the I'm going to send a backhanded compliment. Anyone that frequents this base knows about streaming era units as they do digital sales units which were easily being compared to the CD era when labels would only ship out 1M physical CDs and had piracy going against it but when it was time to praise these singles artists it was all about one-for-one when digitals have no ceiling whereas CDs do...

now it's an education about streaming vs "pure sales" when RIAA certifies physical SHIPMENTS and streaming units.

Now it's time to distract and bring up others...

I like it like that, though kii

7 hours ago, DevonRoars said:

WAP will likely get there sooner. Not sure how close Starships is...

Nonetheless, these two pop smashes will get there in a few i'm sure.

But this is about I like it and it's good to know that Cardi has multiple diamond certified songs from her debut album and will have at least one from her follow up once WAP achieves diamond currently around 9M in units. Thanks Google and Apple music streamers that song stays charting.

I like it has great NYE's play too so that helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.