Jump to content

Tinashegrande's Best Of 2021 | FINISHED


Tinashegrande6
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Sunderland 4ever

    7

  • TheWayWeWere

    6

  • dreamofyou

    6

  • Tinashegrande6

    20

loooolll the lashings me lemme get into it

 

Coldplay x BTS: who was expecting this to be good based on the names on the roster? haven’t even listened but i can just tell it’s a tragedy

 

Skinny Dipping: sabrina can do soooo much better, i’m so disappointed in her output this year, especially since she could’ve capitalized on the Olivia drama. I’m still waiting for that new album tho!

 

HIT IT: no one is expecting a BEP song in 2021 to be of any quality at all but Saweetie’s verse is ICONIC kskKsksjsjksjs 

not good but iconic :mandown: 

 

Rap freaks: terrible yeah

 

Icy Chain: dddd this is a guilty pleasure BOP. if they sped it up a little bit im sure the song would be tolerable, but the song is already a glorified interlude :deadbanana:

 

Boyz: i ironically bopped for the kii but the antics really just made her non existent career a joke nnndjdjdjssj

333: absolutely is going to *hell* for making her sister drag tinashe on twitter for NOTHING!!! :bored:

 

the Mabel lashings are so deserved like she really gave us nothing good and let them know was JUST serviceable. let’s hope she gets that album out next year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

I will preface this by saying that let them know was one of my most played songs last year and that one is good.

Admitting to being a fan is a more unorthodox way of trying to pretend to be a hater but whateva 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Plebhead8 said:

Admitting to being a fan is a more unorthodox way of trying to pretend to be a hater but whateva 

Do you have google alerts on for whenever Mabel is mentioned? Leave this peaceful friendly thread alone with these petty drags :toofunny3:

 

Anyways, love these graphics! @Tinashegrande6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh let me be in full agreement with you on Mabel. It's not particularly 2021 but everything since she became more...famous. 

 

Literally, her old stuff is STUNNING, she has some of the best songs I ever heard and she was so creative and then she turned into...a joke. It's really sad, I hope she goes back to her old sound one day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't Wait Up was truly bad :rip: it sounds so cheap :rip: 

UK Baddie here :fan: she kinda ruined this song for me by her appearence, behavior and Nicki feature :deadbanana2:

Mabel was mostly bad this year, but fuck Let Them Know is such a bop :jonny: I can't believe she started so good with this one.. and then :deadbanana4:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOL I would understand your intense hatred for Coldplay if I was in that situation but ngl I kinda liked My Universe 

Skinny Dipping and Boyz LOL

All of Mabel's songs being #1 :deadbanana2: Yeah nothing she did this year was good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't Wait Up :( I personally loved that song a lot! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2021 at 5:00 PM, Tinashegrande6 said:

Thanks all for the comments and sorry for the delay :heart:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Taste :jonny5:

Yeah agreed, all of those unnecessary remixes and only two new tracks :toofunny2:

Thanks bestie :heart:

I had a moment where I was stanning Main Thing but it aged very quickly :gaycat6:

 

Yes! Hopefully she has an album coming soon :duca:

Oop exactly :clap3:

Her second album Love and Compromise is cute and has a few gems.

 

Also tea on Lil Nas :clap3:

 

Yaaas :jamming:

:mandown:

:clap3:

You'd better stan :jonny5:

I didn't mind Starstruck at first but I think I overplayed it. I'm kinda worried for the album based on what I've heard :gaycat6:

Please, I literally forgot about the re-release too  until I was making this list :toofunny2:

 

Labels need to stop it with the Chris Brown agenda :angry:

Not the Summer shade :gaycat6:

 

But yes stan!

Thanks! :hug:

My most disappointing songs of 2021 is up next :mandown:

F.U.C.K the taste!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

Don't Wait Up :( I personally loved that song a lot! 

Hey I like it to

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Moderator

Am I the only person who likes Absolutely 's part? :deadbanana2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the coldplay story :bibliahh:i almost went to ucl nn i didn't know they're that obsessed. but yes their recent output has generally been trash

i don't hate the shakira song but i certainly did not care for it :toofunny2: 

boyz well deserved :clap3: 

333 :eek: not something i expected here 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ATRL Administrator

Spot on with the worst songs :x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nawt 333 making your worst songs list :skull: 

You lashing this Mabel girl :ahh: Haven't checked her out since Thinking Of You so I can't agree or disagree but I'll take your word for it :thing: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best songs 20-16

 

jcQdvcQ.png

 

“I Can See The Future” – Tinashe

“I'm not a psychic, I can't read your mind”

 

This song has the classic dark and moody Tinashe sound that I love.

 

xpe8LOa.png

 

“Hurricane” – OFENBACH ft Ella Henderson

“I'm looking for shelter in my house of cards”

 

Thank you to whoever created the single thread for this song, because I never would’ve discovered it if not. Ella’s vocals really carry this song, and I really love the drop which isn’t something I say very often.

 

i3Y4LJM.png

 

“Melatonin” – UPSAHL

“Got a bad taste in my mouth from all that shit talking to myself”

 

I’d never heard of Upsahl before this year and for the most part I wasn’t really missing out on much. This song however, reminds me of something Raye would release.

 

JraAI1e.png

 

"Demeanor” – Pop Smoke (feat. Dua Lipa)

“You like the way I move, my demeanor is meaner than yours so clap for the encore”

 

My thoughts on posthumous releases aside, Dua really delivered a solid verse on this song. And even though it is an old demo, I quite like Pop Smoke’s part too. I keep spelling this word the British way as I'm sure Miss Lipa herself would too.

 

jier4ee.png

 

“Need to Know” – Doja Cat

“Wanna know what it's like, baby, show me what it's like”

 

While Kiss Me More was a grower, this song was instant. Doja’s charisma and personality truly shine through here. Honestly struggled to think of a lyric that wasn’t too explicit :deadbanana2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best songs 15-11

 

1UybyPs.png

 

“BED” – Joel Corry (with Raye and David Guetta)

“Something I'll regret in the morning, but I just can't resist when you're calling”

 

Joel is only as good as his collaborators, so thank god for Raye and David Guetta. Raye’s voice really excels on dance pop and this is no exception.

 

3fBnPFc.png

 

“Business” – Becky Hill (with Ella Eyre)

“It's our prerogative, we ain't keeping secrets”

 

It’s really nice to see Becky deliver a pure pop song without a DJ feature and her and Ella work surprisingly well together.

 

WYJKonI.png

 

“Thot Shit” – Megan Thee Stallion

“I'm the shit per the Recording Academy”

 

I will never get the end of this video out of my brain :rip: I thought the hook was a bit weak at first but the simplicity of it actually works after a few listens.

 

9ZfqVoB.png

 

“If It Ain’t Me” – Dua Lipa

“I bet we're higher than the people on cloud nine”

 

After waiting for this song for the best part of a year, I was somewhat underwhelmed at first, not least due to Normani’s absence. After I adjusted to that though, I realised I prefer this song to a lot of the songs on the standard edition of Future Nostalgia.

 

6kRuB3C.png

 

“Confetti” – Little Mix (feat. Saweetie)

“New it-girl on the block, they all copy and paste”

 

Confetti had a lot of filler but this was always one of the better album tracks. I wasn’t sure how this would sound without Jesy’s voice at the start but I really enjoyed the new arrangement. I saw a lot of fans were upset that Saweetie’s verse replaced the bridge entirely, but imo the bridge was incredibly weak and sounded like a placeholder for a future rap verse :gaycat6:. Speaking of Saweetie, she outdid herself with this verse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler
On 12/23/2021 at 6:52 PM, dreamofyou said:

all of mabel 2021:bibliahh: let them know is catchy but so... bland

 

poor skinny dipping

It's what she deserves :mandown:

 

On 12/23/2021 at 6:57 PM, bestfiction said:

Decided to listen to Sister Ray after your recommendation real quick and it bops :duca:

Yay, glad you enjoyed it!

On 12/23/2021 at 7:06 PM, dangerousalex said:

loooolll the lashings me lemme get into it

 

Coldplay x BTS: who was expecting this to be good based on the names on the roster? haven’t even listened but i can just tell it’s a tragedy

 

Skinny Dipping: sabrina can do soooo much better, i’m so disappointed in her output this year, especially since she could’ve capitalized on the Olivia drama. I’m still waiting for that new album tho!

 

HIT IT: no one is expecting a BEP song in 2021 to be of any quality at all but Saweetie’s verse is ICONIC kskKsksjsjksjs 

not good but iconic :mandown: 

 

Rap freaks: terrible yeah

 

Icy Chain: dddd this is a guilty pleasure BOP. if they sped it up a little bit im sure the song would be tolerable, but the song is already a glorified interlude :deadbanana:

and

Boyz: i ironically bopped for the kii but the antics really just made her non existent career a joke nnndjdjdjssj

333: absolutely is going to *hell* for making her sister drag tinashe on twitter for NOTHING!!! :bored:

 

the Mabel lashings are so deserved like she really gave us nothing good and let them know was JUST serviceable. let’s hope she gets that album out next year

Yes we will be anticipating Sabrina's album and Mabel's which will never be released

On 12/23/2021 at 7:38 PM, SKESTU said:

Do you have google alerts on for whenever Mabel is mentioned? Leave this peaceful friendly thread alone with these petty drags :toofunny3:

 

Anyways, love these graphics! @Tinashegrande6

:coffee:

On 12/23/2021 at 10:20 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

My Universe :clap:

Oop :swan:

On 12/24/2021 at 12:44 AM, Legend E said:

Oh let me be in full agreement with you on Mabel. It's not particularly 2021 but everything since she became more...famous. 

 

Literally, her old stuff is STUNNING, she has some of the best songs I ever heard and she was so creative and then she turned into...a joke. It's really sad, I hope she goes back to her old sound one day.

Yeah, at least her debut album had a couple of cute gems on it, but yeah we need R&B Mabel back!

On 12/24/2021 at 1:02 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

Don't Wait Up was truly bad :rip: it sounds so cheap :rip: 

UK Baddie here :fan: she kinda ruined this song for me by her appearence, behavior and Nicki feature :deadbanana2:

Mabel was mostly bad this year, but fuck Let Them Know is such a bop :jonny: I can't believe she started so good with this one.. and then :deadbanana4:

Yeah idk what Shakira was thinking with that one ddd. I'm not a Jesy hater like most but her behaviour is inexcusable :rip:

On 12/24/2021 at 1:14 AM, witness1.3 said:

LOL I would understand your intense hatred for Coldplay if I was in that situation but ngl I kinda liked My Universe 

Skinny Dipping and Boyz LOL

All of Mabel's songs being #1 :deadbanana2: Yeah nothing she did this year was good

Exactly like, time for Mabel to retire :mandown:

On 12/24/2021 at 4:56 AM, TalkThatRihanna said:

Mabel, Jesy, Shakira & Sabrina all deserve to be here and be dragged :clap3:

It had to be said :clap3:

On 12/24/2021 at 10:33 AM, Sempiternal said:

Don't Wait Up :( I personally loved that song a lot! 

Maybe I didn't get what she was trying to go for

 

On 12/24/2021 at 2:31 PM, Insanity said:

F.U.C.K the taste!

Yaaas :jonny5:

On 12/24/2021 at 5:24 PM, madonnas said:

Am I the only person who likes Absolutely 's part? :deadbanana2:

Potentially!

 

On 12/25/2021 at 2:51 AM, popstar said:

My Universe is garbage I agree 👍

Yeah I mean what can be expected from that pairing tbh :coffee:

On 12/25/2021 at 5:27 AM, Lazuli said:

the coldplay story :bibliahh:i almost went to ucl nn i didn't know they're that obsessed. but yes their recent output has generally been trash

i don't hate the shakira song but i certainly did not care for it :toofunny2: 

boyz well deserved :clap3: 

333 :eek: not something i expected here 

Omg no way! It's not all bad, I just wished there'd been more of a focus on some of the other alumni dddd

 

I need to give my fave some lashings every now and then :fan:

 

On 12/27/2021 at 5:50 PM, Lee!! said:

Spot on with the worst songs :x

:heart2:

On 12/28/2021 at 6:58 PM, Pink Matter said:

Nawt 333 making your worst songs list :skull: 

You lashing this Mabel girl :ahh: Haven't checked her out since Thinking Of You so I can't agree or disagree but I'll take your word for it :thing: 

She's done a couple of cute things since then but yeah you're not missing out. I can't believe I've seen her live 3 times :rip:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I Can See The Critical Acclaim is a smasha

the Melatonin praise :clap3:

Need to Know SOTY likeee

BED is literally just such a good crafted dance song.

Thot Shit one of Megan's best 

Saweetie delivered her best verse on Confetti :clap3:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...