TheWayWeWere Best of 2021: PG.17: SOTY/AOTY reveal!

TheWayWeWere

• ATRL Moderator

We're Good above GOD Again? :bibliahh: 

Arcadia and Symptom of Your Touch are great.

Blue Banisters and Solar Power :clap3: 

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Achilles.

• TalkThatRihanna

• dreamofyou

Love Again, Symptom of Your Touch, We're Good, Arcadia, Good Days  :clap:

And Solar Power was a good album :clap3:

Love Again, We're Good and Symptom of Your Touch are all bangers. :clap:

Love ahain + you for me + were good + Symphony of your touch ♡

Love Again and We're Good

Deja Vu, Easy On Me :party:

Don't Forget to visit my top 100 countdown :cool:

Double Dua this set!! We love ha :santa:

We're good didn't deserve all the hate it got, in fact, it deserved to be a smash :gaycat1:

Blue Banisters was decent, pretty much half forgettable just like COCC and (controversial opinion but) NFR! JoJo's project didn't do it for me, guess I prefer the poppier R&B sound from Gtk. Solar Power really was overhated it's actually ridiculous... that being said - easily her weakest album! :keir: Dealer, Thunder and all your SP faves :clap3: || Love Again is cute, top 20 might be a bit high though :gaycat3: We're Good is pretty much on the same level, it surprisingly grew on me though. Arcadia was another grower nnn, she's lovely but could've used a slight trim. Symptom of Your Touch :smitten: But ahhh wish it was at least 1 spot higher!

Happy new year! :celestial4: Glad you took a break because I needed to catch up before the end hehe

Lana, Lorde, Dua :clap3:

We're Good is definitely a little bit high imo but it's not that bad!

Good Days :alexz:

Loneliness is a cute song, Arcadia is great, Wolf Alice making an appearance and I didn't know the London Grammar song but it sounds decent too!

Love Again + We're Good + Good Days :jonny6:

I'm sober finally 

3osnk0h.gif

let me finish this countdown and recieve some lashings

3osnk0h.gif

TOP 50 ALBUMS

ghenR12.png

10    Taylor Swift | evermore
"I know my love should be celebrated but you tolerate it"
I feel like Folklore was already perfect and actually don't know if it needed a continuation, so let's see this as a side project from it. It's again shows how good her songwriting skills are, every track sets a narrative and puts you down in a world she creates. Thanks to stripped, but more diverse production from Aaron Dessner, she makes Evermore more sonically cohesive, maybe a more naive and warm feeling surrounding it. I still feel like Folklore was superior, but this is still gorgeous, mature, poetic work of her art.  
highlights: champagne problems, tolerate it, long story short, right where you left me

4iOZRIV.png

Dawn Richard | Second Line
"You gon' remember my name"
Another underrated artist on my list, Dawn is so hard-working, always trying to improve herself, never afraid of experimenting with her sound and image and etc :jonny: Second Line is gorgeos record, which shows basically every side of her talent, unlike her previous, mostly musically thematic, records, Second Line feautures wide range of genres, sound and image, there's classic r&b/hip-hop, modern r&b, pop, trap, electronic and etc. This record is full of fantasy, strange and unexplored by her sounds, along with her personal tales and stories, her deep connection to New Orleans and musical roots. Great record to got into her. 
highlights: Pressure, Radio Free, Perfect Storm, SELFish

S7MYMaj.png

8    Doja Cat | Planet Her
"Is it crazy I'm not scared to be alone?"
Unlike more.. juicy, lush, playful Hot Pink, on Planet Her Doja reclaim her status as MPG. On this long record she shows her fun and quirky personality, hot image, she showcases her skills both as a rapper and as a singer, and also as a person who can pick right beat/sound for her tracks. It's mostly 'no skips', full of hits and catchy hooks. I liked it, it's a light listen, album is full of various sounds, so you can choose whenever you like. I think I still prefer Hot Pink to it, but you just can't deny her ear to pick a pleasant beats and hooks. 
highlights: Woman, Naked, Payday, Tonight

jDavyuE.png

7    Aly & AJ | a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet gets you out and then into the sun
"Do you think that you're strong enough?"
I can't believe they finally released album this year :jonny: You know, I loved their electro/indie pop songs from EP during last years, but their folk sound they decided to explore on this record is even better. This album is perfect. It's perfect for long road drives, it's perfect for isolation during lockdown, it's perfect just to sit down and think about your life and decisions, it's perfect to just experience your life. Through the lenght of this album they bring the themes of adolescence, anxiety, relationships, heartbreaks, depression and etc. But it's still uplifting album. It's not about talking about such a big topic, it's about finding a light in the end. Californian 60s/70s sound is perfect for this. Gorgeous soundtrack to this year. 
highlights: Lost Cause, Lucky to Get Him, Personal Cathedrals, Stomach

Utpuj19.png

6    Halsey | If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power
"I lost all my faith and lost all hope that everything means anything at all"
Halsey became a queen of great bops and catchy hooks during the last years, and even after Nightmare, this album came out as such a surprise for me. Production is fucking insane! The fact that she got Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross :jonny: They did incredible job! Ashley's feminist, angry, honest and raw lyrics being composed by such a duo - incredible combination. I love how this album follows concept through the length, I love how even on her rock/alternative/angsty record she still show offs her vulnerable, emotional side. I love how it's clean of any collabs. Master work of art :clap3: Probably her best record as a whole. 
highlights: Easier than Lying, Lilith, honey, The Tradition

BDoObRX.png

5    Jazmine Sullivan | Heaux Tales
"My girls ask me what it is, I say it's the D"
As a fan of Jazmine's talent since Love Me Back, it was hard to just sit without new music from her for years and years. The fact that after 6 years she decided to give us EP was a bit disappointing at first, but..she delivered. Even as EP it's feels more like 'concept album', full of emotion, romance, sexual freedom, self-worth, depression and many other topics she decided to capture on this record. As always, she's amazing as a songwriter, and with her rapsy voice and great production she creates such a gorgeous, smooth work of art. It's r&b at its best, very classic with some modern twists here and there, full of heartbreak, but also full of freedom, freedom of being yourself. 
highlights: On It, Pricetags, Put It Down, Pick Up Your Feelings

WsQfPGg.png

4    Billie Eilish | Happier Than Ever
"I've had some trauma, did things I didn't wanna, was too afraid to tell ya, but now, I think it's time"
To be honest, I didn't really expect this album, like at all. Mostly because everything she released after debut was a bit..subpar and didn't really hit me. BUT album turned out to be.. amazing? Like, as a whole record you can finally appreciate songs like 'My Future' or 'Lost Cause', which I mostly skipped when they released, these little notes, like transition from NDA to Therefore I Am makes this record work as such an experience. She departed a bit from upbeat and trap-influenced debut, but it's for better, HTE feels more mature, more thoughful, softer, and creates beautiful, somber universe. Her lyricism is sometimes dark, painful, but in the end (especially in the final, title track) she comes out as a self-conscious, confident person. Love her, or not, this album just proves that she's more than 'Bad Guy' singer.
highlights: Getting Older, Billie Bossa Nova, I Didn't Change My Number, Male Fantasy

wMv8xri.png

3    Wolf Alice | Blue Weekend
"You fucked with my feelings"
Probably the biggest discoveries of this year. I knew their 'Kisses' song, but that's it, I never got into them until this year. I missed the initial release until I randomly decided to watch Delicious Things video on youtube, and whew, it got me goosebumps. Honest, raw, extravagant, emotive, finding a nice place between rock/alt-rock/punk/garage/indie pop. This album is full of feelings, and it's not entirely about heartbreak or loneliness, you can feel the variety of emotions not only through the record, but also through one song. 40 minutes of confident, euprohic, blistering songs. Every song kicks you immediately with its depth and emotions. And vocals and production just.. from the other universe. 
highlights: Lipstick on the Glass, Delicious Things, Smile, The Beach II

A7eFT1b.png

2    Lana Del Rey | Chemtrails Over the Country Club
"Will he still love me long after I'm gone?"
I know we hate Antonoff now, but he creates such a magic with Lana, even though I was afraid of album being more like NFR part II, she delivered with this record. One of her most athmospheric and cohesive work to date, beautifully executed, intimate record focused on her vocals and lyrics. This is mostly downtempo and folk-inspired, but you just can't love Lana for creating such a beautiful songwriting and Antonoff for making such a beautiful instrumentation for her stories. Very delicate, honest, quiet, dreamy, this record just take you to the trip in LA, 70s with the taste of romance, loneliness, nostalgia. 
highlights: Tulsa Jesus Freak, For Free, Breaking Up Slowly, Dance Till We Die

gwbqKwV.png

1    Miley Cyrus | Plastic Hearts
"I wonder what would happen if I die"
If someone 10 years ago would've told me that I'm gonna stan for Miley, I would've laugh hard. But here we are, after strings of good, but too messy (Bangerz), too experimental (Dead Petz), too toned-down (Younger Now) or even unfinished (She Is Miley Cyrus) projects, she delivered this gorgeous piece of art. Plastic Hearts is perfectly crafted pop-rock album, there's piece of nostalgia vibe, piece of glam-rock influence, piece of pop and etc. She's not afraid of accepting who she is or who she was, she finds the piece, independence and passion and it's reflected and captured on this album perfectly. 
highlights: Angels Like You, Golden G String, Hate Me, Never Be Me, High

TOP 150 SINGLES

M6EMjKW.png

10    Ariana Grande | pov
"I wanna love me the way that you love me"
This was my instant favorite from Positions since day 1, breathtaking ballad that concludes this underrated album. Elegant, gorgeous show-stopped in a style of traditional r&b ballad. Very intimate, sentimental and nostalgic. Really a shame she never gives the song a promotion or even music video :'( Ha Love on the Brain moment. :'(

PVk63d1.png

9    Miley Cyrus, Dua Lipa | Prisoner
"Why can't you just let me go?"
This is such a perfect bridge between Dua's disco sound and Miley's glam-rock sound :jonny: This duet works out as a perfect combo for two one of my favorite artists rn, they're shine on its own, finding a great balance between their differences. Chemistry is on the another level!

Ic7IdWf.png

8    Lana Del Rey | Chemtrails Over the Country Club
"It's beautiful how this deep normality settles down over me"
No matter how much you hate Antonoff, he creates some magic with Lana :jonny: Gorgeous, dreamy, dark, delicate, haunting song. This had some nostalgic feeling, but as the song progresses it takes you down to some magic narcotic trip :jonny: Also props to her for creating such a beautiful video for it. 

wlwBIwB.png

7    Wolf Alice | How Can I Make It OK?

"I just want you to be happy"
This is breathtaking, it starts off as a slow-moving heartbreaking ballad and then turns into uptempo guitar anthem. Despite the angry delivery, this song still had this airy, romantic athmosphere, one of the most pleasing track from the record and my personal favorite. 

eNhFopB.png

6    Lorde | Mood Ring
"We can get high, but only if the wind blows"
This song is such a mood, actually :jonny: I just how it creates such a chilling, vibey, mystical athmosphere behind it. I love its catchiness, soft and breezy nature, it makes you feel like you're floating somewhere in the air. 

cLrp5pI.png

5    Lorde | Solar Power
"I hate the winter, can't stand the cold"
This song creates a perfect summer athmosphere from the first line, from the first beat. It's perfectly summery, listening to this really makes you want to drive to the closest beach and take the sun baths. Lorde proves that for a summer song you don't need big synths or explosive dance chorus, just a breezy, psychedelic guitar rhythm, carefree delivery and a little light splash in the end. 

7t6W4TA.png

4    Doja Cat, SZA | Kiss Me More
"Pussy like holy grail"
This is pop perfection tbh :jonny: Such a great mix of 80s disco/funk music with hip-hop - perfect combo that works great for such a versalite artist like Doja. This song is perfect earworm, you can't get enough of its catchiness for a long time. And how good their duet works! SZA with her melancholic sensual sexiness and Doja's honest, slinky, evocative nature :jonny2:  

evnq8Jt.png

3    Lana Del Rey | Blue Banisters
"Summer comes, winter goes, spring, I skip, God knows"
I don't know which crack did she put in her songs, but this is some kind of masterclass of songwriting. While the song starts as a heartbreaking, low-spirited breathtaing ballad it transitions into an ode to a friendship, gorgeous tribute to the women. It's mostly piano + voice, but it works for it so good somehow, making it more honest, more raw, more tense and elegant. Probably one of her most intimate, most comforting songs. 

UcTd8DG.png

2    Lana Del Rey | White Dress
"Look how I do this, look how I got this"
I...she created so many classics this year, but this one is my easiest favorite. A gorgeous take a look back at her life, its haunting magical guitar/piano production along with the beautiful vocal delivery (one of her best vocal performances ever) from her makes this song especially nostalgic and dreamy. 

V2TjPuU.png

1    Billie Eilish | Happier Than Ever
"I'd never treat me this shitty, you make me hate this city"
You know, many great songs were released this year, but no other songs scalped me the way Happier Than Ever did when I heard it first time. Transition! Emotions! Screams! Anger! I just love how therapeutic, cathartic this song is. She finds a peace, self-worth, happinness through the pain, heartbreak, abuse and etc. High note in her discography and probably her best song as for now. 

RECAP

Spoiler
On 12/10/2021 at 11:11 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

R E C A P

TOP 50 ALBUMS

S3oWOFN.png1    Miley Cyrus | Plastic Hearts

2Nhtw9l.png2    Lana Del Rey | Chemtrails Over the Country Club

zzQMK2h.png3    Wolf Alice | Blue Weekend

hI3Dnf0.png4    Billie Eilish | Happier Than Ever

9KUhkfH.png5    Jazmine Sullivan | Heaux Tales

6sLkFPt.png6    Halsey | If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power

L7lHLM3.png7    Aly & AJ | a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet gets you out and then into the sun

iVxDz8J.png8    Doja Cat | Planet Her

9QtdbO1.png9    Dawn Richard | Second Line

PJhHu0U.png10    Taylor Swift | evermore

MBpve58.png11    JoJo | Trying Not To Think About It [x]

OGnEOYU.png12    Lorde | Solar Power [x]

a2nLwCk.png13    Lana Del Rey | Blue Banisters [x]

82V1e3R.png14    Birdy | Young Heart [x]

yTzLWM8.png15    Marina | Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land [x]

wVwwDjj.png16    London Grammar | Californian Soil [x]

YkpbTtW.png17    Zemfira | borderline [x]

e5fbJQr.png18    Garbage | No Gods No Masters [x]

RJ0Vg98.png19    Tinashe | 333 [x]

rDvnDFy.png20    Demi Lovato | Dancing with the Devil...The Art of Starting Over [x]

S0rY5wK.png21    Taylor Swift | Fearless (Taylor's Version) [x]

kwuE2iY.png22    Olivia Rodrigo | SOUR [x]

53kt0Up.png23    Kacey Musgraves | star-crossed [x]

0lcMEI9.png24    Natalie Imbruglia | Firebird [x]

uYjzMp5.png25    Agnes | Magic Still Exists [x]

rIgY0VI.png26    Madison Beer | Life Support [x]

LFSHE6e.png27    Zara Larsson | Poster Girl [x]

fbFhqMC.png28    Anne-Marie | Therapy [x]

uvOf2gQ.png29    Lady Gaga | Dawn of Chromatica [x]

RcSPazx.png30    WILLOW | lately i feel EVERYTHING [x]

Byy4lvz.png31    Alessia Cara | In the Meantime [x]

dNyQjq3.png32    Rita Ora, Imanbek | Bang - EP [x]

3XIbA4q.png33    Julia Michaels | Not In Chronological Order [x]

tEaN7gM.png34    Katy B | Peace and Offerings [x]

uP0Ijg6.png35    RAYE | Euphoric Sad Songs [x]

gKvcC1x.png36    Sia | Music - Songs From And Inspired By The Motion Picture [x]

2M2kOck.png37    Evanescence | The Bitter Truth [x]

yQQmrjX.png38    P!nk | All I Know So Far: Setlist [x]

WAt3J6q.png39    Coldplay | Music of the Spheres [x]

U4WpTFc.png40    WILLOW, Tyler Cole | The Anxiety [x]

BCOVrW2.png41    P.J. Harding, Noah Cyrus | People Don't Change EP [x]

gH8jCHf.png42    Barbra Streisand | Release Me 2 [x]

d7ytFLk.png43    Foxes | Friends in the Corner - EP [x]

xuUrXJV.png44    Mariah Carey | Mariah Carey's Magical Christmas Special [x]

jWyeen6.png45    Kanye West | Donda [x]

jTF4NBA.png46    Will Young | Crying on the Bathroom Floor [x]

S5EkAts.png47    Selena Gomez | Revelación - EP [x]

2HEqYSj.png48    Kelly Rowland | K - EP [x]

0BudpVN.png49    Tori Amos | Ocean to Ocean [x]

5ZGQXTg.png50    Kelly Clarkson | When Christmas Comes Around… [x]

TOP 150 SINGLES

cYOEXmG.png1    Billie Eilish | Happier Than Ever

W5vy0iE.png2    Lana Del Rey | White Dress

D7F7I0a.png3    Lana Del Rey | Blue Banisters

c5vHyb9.png4    Doja Cat, SZA | Kiss Me More

58N6Ozv.png5    Lorde | Solar Power

gHhj3ej.png6    Lorde | Mood Ring

HYb8fPy.png7    Wolf Alice | How Can I Make It OK?

T20mU99.png8    Lana Del Rey | Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Kjq0fmu.png9    Miley Cyrus, Dua Lipa | Prisoner

BT7UheT.png10    Ariana Grande | pov

dOtZjDK.png11    Aly & AJ | Symptom of Your Touch [x]

EpmJXsj.png12    Lana Del Rey | Arcadia [x]

wPQzT3z.png13    Katy B | Under My Skin [x]

whI37Ln.png14    London Grammar | Lose Your Head [x]

92ue4UC.png15    Birdy | Loneliness [x]

DxaGFn8.png16    Dua Lipa | We're Good [x]

ols1rAe.png17    Wolf Alice | No Hard Feelings [x]

29e0lNA.png18    SZA | Good Days [x]

oR8Ormm.png19    Sigala, Rita Ora | You for Me [x]

4y1Mxwb.png20    Dua Lipa | Love Again [x]

UntHVmY.png21    Rita Ora, David Guetta, Imanbek, Gunna | Big [x]

ujuHIf7.png22    Adele | Easy on Me [x]

NNlnwOU.png23    Julia Michaels | All Your Exes [x]

bTQtRW3.png24    Wolf Alice | The Last Man on Earth [x]

8tPq5BB.png25    Marina | Venus Fly Trap [x]

15I1lBB.png26    Aly & AJ | Listen!!! [x]

3I5yEdw.png27    Olivia Rodrigo | deja vu [x]

dmc3jgj.png28    Birdy | Deepest Lonely [x]

KqQlG2c.png29    Billie Eilish | NDA [x]

xuwaMyT.png30    Aly & AJ | Slow Dancing [x]

3YM08Zr.png31    Doja Cat | Streets [x]

DiXerUD.png32    Camila Cabello | Don't Go Yet [x]

LyWbdcj.png33    London Grammar | How Does It Feel [x]

0n5t0w8.png34    Halsey | I am not a woman, I'm a God [x]

kaRwpA8.png35    Doja Cat, The Weeknd | You Right [x]

Vp5OfNC.png36    JoJo | Worst (I Assume) [x]

3Y5H1ho.png37    Jazmine Sullivan | Lost One [x]

khu7Hj8.png38    Jessie Ware | Please [x]

qFwHDcl.png39    P!nk | All I Know So Far [x]

LdQnXfS.png40    Taylor Swift | willow [x]

y4daegU.png41    Kylie Minogue | Real Groove [x]

ho01zBK.png42    Charli XCX | Good Ones [x]

cQZNGG8.png43    Anne-Marie, Little Mix | Kiss My (Uh Oh) [x]

AwcNPiC.png44    Natalie Imbruglia | Build It Better [x]

Duf1hiN.png45    JoJo | Anxiety (Burlinda's Theme) [x]

Ieit4U2.png46    Jazmine Sullivan, H.E.R. | Girl Like Me [x]

tgJm3IL.png47    Elton John, Dua Lipa | Cold Heart (Pnau Remix) [x]

l497KdD.png48    Jazmine Sullivan | Pick Up Your Feelings [x]

fD02P0A.png49    Halsey | You Asked for This [x]

RaRh7EP.png50    Noah Cyrus | All Three [x]

yrI1LFO.png51    Aly & AJ | Don't Need Nothing [x]

JPTNTUn.png52    Olivia Rodrigo | good 4 u [x]

IxWOODu.png53    Foxes | Sister Ray [x]

rglZYte.png54    Tinashe, Buddy | Pasadena [x]

3fEev21.png55    Aly & AJ | Pretty Places [x]

sfnI9hN.png56    Chlöe | Have Mercy [x]

siDmNK1.png57    Billie Eilish | Lost Cause [x]

1M00wxq.png58    Lana Del Rey | Let Me Love You Like a Woman [x]

QHCkFnl.png59    Lana Del Rey | Text Book [x]

AyhCQG8.png60    Marina | Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land [x]

GV4osd1.png61    Kacey Musgraves | justified [x]

O0BQ1fZ.png62    Dua Lipa, Angèle | Fever [x]

ZMsqv2w.png63    Billie Eilish | Your Power [x]

QYhIZnp.png64    Marina | Man's World [x]

d4c5G6t.png65    WILLOW, Travis Barker | t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l [x]

DVFQVdd.png66    MØ | Live to Survive [x]

KRhl6Ka.png67    Zara Larsson | Look What You've Done [x]

lrIFWcY.png68    P.J. Harding, Noah Cyrus | You Belong to Somebody Else [x]

JLvMCbj.png69    Marina | Purge the Poison [x]

OOAhl4h.png70    Lorde | Stoned at the Nail Salon [x]

jDylQ5N.png71    Dawn Richard | Boomerang [x]

2MNrQ44.png72    Dawn Richard | Mornin|Streetlights [x]

v4Zn4wD.png73    No Rome, Charli XCX, The 1975 | Spinning [x]

WxUjap1.png74    HAIM, Taylor Swift | Gasoline [x]

VPTnXvc.png75    Tove Styrke | Start Walking [x]

uMP9wzm.png76    Mabel | Let Them Know [x]

fdYlF6l.png77    BAYNK, Tinashe | Esther [x]

xpACTQA.png78    P.J. Harding, Noah Cyrus | Dear August [x]

CFLx73e.png79    ELIO, Charli XCX | CHARGER (Charli XCX Rework) [x]

3ijfQkV.png80    Dawn Richard | Jacuzzi [x]

vNeL7dr.png81    Billie Eilish | Therefore I Am [x]

W8Tmgom.png82    Mahalia, Rico Nasty | Jealous [x]

itsLwau.png83    Lana Del Rey | Wildflower Wildfire [x]

wZtaNWy.png84    Kylie Minogue, Years & Years | A Second to Midnight [x]

TVuwbKE.png85    Caroline Polachek | Bunny is a Rider [x]

cRn7kQR.png86    Sigrid | Mirror [x]

KjNaoAW.png87    WILLOW, Tyler Cole | Meet Me at Our Spot [x]

X69jfos.png88    Agnes | 24 Hours [x]

vriJQvz.png89    Katy B, Jaz Karis | Open Wound [x]

IkbT8ju.png90    Foxes | Kathleen [x]

pkq7XNM.png91    Doja Cat | Need to Know [x]

MvayqQi.png92    The Weeknd, Ariana Grande | Save Your Tears [x]

FJQgDTm.png93    Kehlani | Altar [x]

SDlJP7Q.png94    Selena Gomez, Rauw Alejandro | Baila Conmigo [x]

VqzWiFy.png95    Alessia Cara | Shapeshifter [x]

TyaTplM.png96    Birdy | Second Hand News [x]

BjWme29.png97    Chloe x Halle | Ungodly Hour [x]

wshqDwI.png98    Tove Styrke | Mood Swings [x]

3fQcKAy.png99    Normani, Cardi B | Wild Side [x]

cYt0YXM.png100    Coldplay | Higher Power [x]

aLAU9ZA.png101    Garbage | The Men Who Rule the World [x]

OzKv5li.png102    Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande | Met Him Last Night [x]

pnACXt5.png103    Taylor Swift, HAIM | no body, no crime [x]

GxhL9jf.png104    Demi Lovato | Dancing With the Devil [x]

VXlivUq.png105    Silk City, Ellie Goulding | New Love [x]

Oi0Z4nZ.png106    Tinashe | Bouncin [x]

8IO2qC9.png107    Olivia Rodrigo | traitor [x]

ErrDNB7.png108    London Grammar | Lord It's a Feeling [x]

t5cIgsd.png109    Natalie Imbrulia | On My Way [x]

kBK9zjZ.png110    BANKS | Skinnydipped [x]

AvKDi5n.png111    Troye Sivan, Kacey Musgraves | Easy Remix [x]

XMNtVxZ.png112    Anne-Marie, Niall Horan | Our Song [x]

2lFeJbI.png113    Jessie Ware | Hot n Heavy [x]

ghUxq6r.png114    Sigrid | Burning Bridges [x]

bktOnN2.png115    WILLOW, Avril Lavigne, Travis Barker | G R O W [x]

tRJkjx7.png116    FKA twigs, Headie One, Fred Again… | Don't Judge Me [x]

3ampmeT.png117    ionnalee, iamamiwhoami | summer never ended the damage was all mine [x]

tjHA4QC.png118    Coldplay, BTS | My Universe [x]

hhKTCSa.png119    Dawn Richard | Bussifame [x]

dNESpjy.png120    Surf Mesa, Madison Beer | Carried Away [x]

zzAyZr3.png121    Bebe Rexha | Sacrifice [x]

EB1tzRX.png122    Sia, David Guetta | Floating Through Space [x]

30HZRJE.png123    Birdy | Surrender [x]

M8lCXI3.png124    JoJo | Creature of Habit [x]

4cGDfh4.png125    Natalie Imbruglia | Maybe It's Great [x]

aXumo3i.png126    Kacey Musgraves | simple times [x]

aOTMR3k.png127    Kacey Musgraves | star-crossed [x]

DKMlHk3.png128    Taylor Swift | Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version) [x]

5jcYSo4.png129    Taylor Swift, The National | coney island [x]

maUBpw2.png130    Madison Beer | BOYSHIT [x]

0Nyo710.png131    Jennifer Lopez | In The Morning [x]

vLTAXuq.png132    MØ | Kindness [x]

9VbxhG3.png133    Martin Garrix, Tove Lo | Pressure [x]

4XzlRWn.png134    Joel Corry, RAYE, David Guetta | BED [x]

r3LnzLV.png135    Katy Perry | Electric [x]

oVUwJh4.png136    Olivia Rodrigo | drivers license [x]

Hwzfyyw.png137    Garbage | No Gods No Masters [x]

xHLM4zZ.png138    P!nk, Willow Sage Hart | Cover Me In Sunshine [x]

qXT15gK.png139    Kylie Minogue | Dance Floor Darling [x]

wlxmIVg.png140    Pop Smoke, Dua Lipa | Demeanor [x]

l1O5YFq.png141    Jhené Aiko | Born Tired [x]

2Esjvzy.png142    London Grammar | America [x]

1Mre2f3.png143    Joel Corry, Jax Jones, Charli XCX, Saweetie | OUT OUT [x]

hKpBWpm.png144    Jazmine Sullivan | Tragic [x]

3ojURQT.png145    RAYE | Regardless [x]

gXSOpZD.png146    Cheat Codes, Tinashe | Lean on Me [x]

s1fMZ65.png147    Emeli Sandé | Look What You've Done [x]

SfrLBcA.png148    Big Red Machine, Taylor Swift | Renegade [x]

jiDbjLy.png149    Mitski | Working for the Knife [x]

X7mHW76.png150    Gwen Stefani | Let Me Reintroduce Myself [x]

RECURRENTS / HONOURABLE MENTIONS

thanks to everyone who came by :gaycat4: 

PH, IICHLIWP, HTE, Heaux Tales, Blue Weekend, Aly & AJ omg :duca:

Your BEST update, I fear :jonny6:

Planet Her, Plastic Hearts, and HTE :jonnycat: I love seeing Getting Older praise :clap: It’s too underrated here

As for the songs: HTE and KMM are slays :clap3:Mood Ring is a great choice as well, I really like it! Although Solar Power title track could’ve been deleted :eli:

I like all the top 10 except 9 and 10!

Lorde is a little too high but at least some people are appreciating her this year :fan:

HTE #1 obviously deserved, White Dress and How Can I Make It Ok :heart2:

Blue Weekend in your top 3 albums :clap3:

Planet Her is fun! it's not completely for my taste but I liked some songs, Love to Dream should be there though :fan:

Taylor, Halsey, and Miley albums :worship:

How Can I Make It Okay is amazing and HTE is the de facto winner of the year, the Lorde sings are cute too!

• ATRL Moderator

interesting album list

3osnk0h.gif

evermore, iichliwp,  hte, cocc and ph deserve to be there, idk about the rest

3osnk0h.gif

your top 10 singles is great, except for wolf alice

3osnk0h.gif

ALBUMS: :heart: Planet Her  + a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet gets you out and then into the sun + If i cant have love, i want power + Plastic Hearts

SINGLES: POV + Prisoner + Kiss Me More + Mood Ring + Blue Banisters :heart:

im gonna do it, put my pride to the side and give billie ONE MORE listen! I dunno everyone and i mean everyone has that album on there top 10 list! so im hoping i can join the love for it :weeps:

GODier than EVER  #1 :alexz:

Singles~ Hmmm at the Lana domination :gaycat3: Very unpopular opinion but I never cared for White Dress. Both title tracks are decent. pov and Mood Ring :alexz3: Yesss at Solar Power in the top 5, it was way too underappreciated :clap3: Prisoner is great and deserved better yup! Happier Than Ever #1 :worship: A crucial part of every Best Of list this year! || Albums~ "I know we hate Antonoff now" Luckily I cannot and never could relate!! Chemtrails is okay for the most part. Love evermore and IICHL,IWP is an easy improvement over Manic :heart2: Was expecting better from HTE since Billie served so hard with her first 2 projects. My AOTY at #7, absolutely!!! Plastic Hearts on top OMG I wasn't ready for that :jonny5: So deserved, Miley DEVOURED!!! champagne problems, Lost Cause, Personal Cathedrals, Stomach, Easier than Lying, Honey, I Didn't Change My Number, Male Fantasy, Angels Like You, Hate Me, Never Be Me whew all great highlights!!

Amazing lists as usual :celestial4: Hope to see ya back later this year!

I kinda forgot about Prisoner, but I was obsessed when it dropped :clap3:

POV, Kiss Me More, Mood Ring and HTE :WAP:

Happier Than Ever, Prisoner & POV :heart:

Miley #1 on the album chart :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.