Do you find your friends disappointing?

jakedavis1994

On 12/5/2021 at 12:40 AM, jakedavis1994 said:

Not to be all extra but lately I’ve just been really disappointed in my friends lack of effort. I get we all lead busy lives etc etc but I constantly feel like I initiate everything and provide so much emotional support during their difficult times and it is not reciprocated whatsoever.

am I alone in this? :skull:

Trying minimizing your effort and treat them like they treat you.  

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

• jakedavis1994

• Reverse Warholian

• original_lifeline

Yes. I went back to my hometown for the first time in two years last December because my friends and I made plans to go to the beach and mountain hike. The day we were supposed to go, nobody showed up :weeps: 

Depends really, but the thing that irks me the most is when someone gets into a relationship and they disappear off the face of the earth, Like I get it your partner is your priority but you cant go from talking to friends on a daily / weekly basis to virtually nothing at all. Especially frustrating since I can maintain good relations with friends despite having a boyfriend. 

Edited by Homebrand

This is normal. As we get older, get into romantic relationships, start our careers, graduate undergrad, go to grad school, move away, etc. etc. we begin to fade away from the people associated with our daily lives before those milestones. It just happens. They don't have the same lifestyle as you nor do you see them often enough for you to stay updated on their life.

The beauty of all this though is that we have social media and the Internet now which allows us to stay connected, but at a distance. So you don't have to feel like you need to stay close friends with a certain individual if the connection isn't there anymore, but you can still stay connected loosely through a social network.

Don't look at this as a bad thing, the same happened to me when I started my PhD program. I moved to a different state and basically everyone I knew stopped talking to me the same way, and only reached out when it was beneficial to them or they wanted a shoulder to cry on. I told myself I can't be someone's counselor and keep a one-sided friendship afloat forever, so I distanced myself, and it was for the best.

Edited by HausofNick

Yes, I've faced this. Unfortunately you just have to accept that this is adulthood and some people roll like this. Invest your energy in yourself or people who are reciprocating the love and attention that you give them.

I dont have any.

Back in days my friends were dragging me because I’ve never hang out with because apparently I wasn’t tried to interact with them anymore while they were calling them to hang out with them I lost touch with them the only one I truly liked was in the same high school with me but unfortunately we were never hanging out but on the second year we were on the same class but she becomes more a school friend than my friend and the pandemic hits we were barely talking to each other’s. I find a friend last year but as soon holidays came we dined talk to each other Then in 2021 I came back to my graduation and those girls has the audacity to tell me I was an hypocrite because I never coming back to them, so we finally broke up finally with my friends. I unfollowed and blocked them (the first one already did but I didn’t know lol)  I really don’t care anymore I’m sick of being this friend that no one cares and people will call me out because I’m giving them the same energy.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:19 PM, Taylor Sniffs said:

Yes. I went back to my hometown for the first time in two years last December because my friends and I made plans to go to the beach and mountain hike. The day we were supposed to go, nobody showed up :weeps: 

they didn't say anything to you?? :deadbanana4:

My friends r homophobic. I’m not out to them obviously. They are good people just that sometimes it’s just mind boggling some people could be so well educated in this day and age but still have this kind of mindset.

10 hours ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

they didn't say anything to you?? :deadbanana4:

Naurrr :weeps: They only told me they weren't coming when I was already at the beach :mad:

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Taylor Sniffs said:

Naurrr :weeps: They only told me they weren't coming when I was already at the beach :mad:

I’m so sorry. That’s honestly pretty f**ked up of them to waste your time like that. Kick them to the curb.

Absolutely 

3 hours ago, Taylor Sniffs said:

Dump them :giraffe: