Do you find your friends disappointing?

jakedavis1994

It's okay it's normal for people to come and go.

I don't have a lot of friends BUT I'm incredibly lucky they are the kind of friends that stick around

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

• jakedavis1994

• Reverse Warholian

• original_lifeline

Yes, this year I actually had a big epiphany about the people I was surrounding myself with & I’ve been making necessary changes. I already feel so much better.

Growth is good :heart2: Embrace it! But also maintain perspective, and remember everybody is on their own path. Don’t hold resentment towards anyone if they changed or might have become busier.

No. I used to be upset that my friends didn’t behave in the ways that I wanted and do the things that I wanted them to do, but I realized it’s a self-centered way to be. People change and grow further into your life or branch out of it, and I give them room. If I feel like I’m missing something from my current batch of friends, I’ll just be more conscious of opening up to new people to make new friends. 

The worst thing I did after high school was thinking that the group of friends that I had, needed to be my friends for life and I would try to force things that maybe just weren’t there anymore. Stay gracious and don’t wish anyone ill, but be open to new people who may better fit what your friendship wants and needs are. 

Very disappointing... I mean I've pretty much only had online friends but they've left me behind for the most part :michael: Definitely sucks

Yeah, I cut out my entire friend group from college. Don’t live with your friends folks. From destroying/messing with my stuff to endless shit talking to constant taking and not giving anything whatsoever, I had enough. I shouldn’t have put all my eggs in one basket in the first place though. 

then the pandemic happened so it’s been hard to make irl friends. I’m lucky to have two good ones though. 

I'm actually the one who keeps ignoring their texts:gaycat6: I feel bad but I just like being solitary sometimes

• ATRL Moderator

It's part of growing up, unfortunately. COVID certainly hasn't helped with maintaining a strong circle of friends.

I'm the one in my friend group who ignores everyone's plans. :rip: Too much going on in my personal life.

Tbh, yes.

I've tried making an effort with some of them and it's rarely/never recipricated and if I'm not going to get the same energy back then what's the point. :michael:

10 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

:bibliahh:

OP: my only real friend is so egocentric she can't even respond to my stories without saying something like 'oh.. okay. but! <her own stuff>
this is not only disappointing, it really makes me feel that I mean nothing to this person and I lack individuality.

I've also written a poetry book (in my native language) with a long-ass poem about this situation with having zero attention from a friend and gifted it to her. she didn't even understand what was it about, if she barely read it of course :rip: noone seems to care about me except for my parents, which I really appreciate, but I think that wanting more is not a bad thing for me at the moment 

Edited by original_lifeline

I love my best friend but it's also overwhelming cause he has a lot of issues. I hang out with him at risk of my emotions being dragged down 

It's nothing like college/university where we saw each other everyday and hung out for hours and I do miss those times. And our group chat is very stagnant now especially after COVID, it's such an interesting change.

But we still make effort to see each other at least every few months and kind of just pick up where we left off, and I'm thankful for that and that's more than enough for me. I'm really thankful for the friends I have who do initiate events and appreciate their effort so much because it couldn't be me - I'm just so mentally exhausted from work and spend my other time with my SO and family that there's just not enough time in the day to do it all.

On 12/4/2021 at 7:56 PM, Reverse Warholian said:

Come back to the USA and Call Me Tonight.

Slip, slippin' on my Versace, New York party
Icy drip, drippin' on emerald snake, thank you Bvlgari
Get there quick, my chauffeur @MattyTacosdrove me back
I went straight, straight to dance and saw you @Reverse Warholian

You're lookin' for Danger, hungry eyes
Are you sure? Are you free? Are you mine @The Witch?
Looking for a stranger, fantasize @Sexyzinger
Don't let go, let me out of your sight

You got me thinkin' (EH OH)
If you don't, don't know my name
Then, baby, you can just call me tonight (eh-oh)

My past friends? yes...very. It's alright now though. The thing is you just have to be yourself and then the right friends will gravitate towards you :gaycat1:

On 12/5/2021 at 6:33 AM, original_lifeline said:

I've also written a poetry book (in my native language) with a long-ass poem about this situation with having zero attention from a friend and gifted it to her. she didn't even understand what was it about, if she barely read it of course :rip: 

This had me cackling. Very Halsey of you! :rip:

1 hour ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Come back to the USA and Call Me Tonight.

Slip, slippin' on my Versace, New York party
Icy drip, drippin' on emerald snake, thank you Bvlgari
Get there quick, my chauffeur @MattyTacosdrove me back
I went straight, straight to dance and saw you @Reverse Warholian

You're lookin' for Danger, hungry eyes
Are you sure? Are you free? Are you mine @The Witch?
Looking for a stranger, fantasize @Sexyzinger
Don't let go, let me out of your sight

You got me thinkin' (EH OH)
If you don't, don't know my name
Then, baby, you can just call me tonight (eh-oh)

3 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

This had me cackling. Very Halsey of you! :rip:

I published my 1st one before she put out her third album :nicole: can't remember the title of it 

4 minutes ago, original_lifeline said:

I published my 1st one before she put out her third album :nicole: can't remember the title of it 

...but was your debut "Пизда малосольная" a Moscow Times best seller? :chick1:

11 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

...but was your debut "Пизда малосольная" a Moscow Times best seller? :chick1:

:stare: bye

and stream "ночной визит" by Луна

On 12/4/2021 at 11:07 PM, terrorblade said:

I'm actually the one who keeps ignoring their texts:gaycat6: I feel bad but I just like being solitary sometimes

feel u

yeah, it's perfectly normal to outgrow some friends. sure, we're all busy at times, but imho, friends should at least check in on each other every once in a while, at least make an effort to re-connect.

the right ones will stay tho.