Reports: Russia to invade Ukraine by mid-February

Espresso

Now the question is whether US politics is going for the low hanging fruit, money can be made from a proxy war and the Ukraine is a good setup. Good business for the arms industry in the West and in Russia.

They are waiting for the Rasputitsa to freeze solid.

Civil

The term is applied to muddy road conditions in Belarus, Russia and Ukraine, which are caused by the poor drainage of underlying clay-laden soils found in the region. Roads are subject to weight limitations and closures during the period in certain districts of Russia. The phenomenon was a hindrance in the early 20th century in the Soviet Union since 40% of rural villages were not served by paved roads.[1]

Wartime

Rasputitsa seasons of Russia are well known as a great defensive advantage in wartime.[2][3] Common nicknames include General Mud and Marshal Mud. A spring thaw probably saved Novgorod from conquest and sacking during the 13th-century Mongol invasion.[4] During the French invasion of Russia in 1812, Napoleon found the mud a great hindrance.[2][3]

On the Eastern Front during the Second World War, the months-long muddy period slowed the German advance during the Battle of Moscow (October 1941 to January 1942) and may have helped save the Soviet capital from German occupation.[5] The advent of motorised warfare had the disadvantage that while tanks could operate effectively in summer or in winter, they proved less useful in spring and autumn,[6] when the functioning of an efficient railway system really came into its own.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasputitsa#Effects

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ZIVERT

• Bloodflowers.

• Pendulum

I will justify this shitty, disgusting rain that's lasted literally ALL week as just divine intervention. The way Jesus is saying absolutely not to Russia, His power :jonny5: 

Russia and China’s regimes should be removed from this planet.

They way how the West reacts on Ukraine will definitely have a impact on how China reacts on Taiwan & HK

i wouldn't be surprised if they employed Chechnyan radical islamist militas to invade Ukraine much like Azerbaijan hired terrorist affiliated fighters from Syria to murder Armenians earlier this year 

i wouldn't be surprised if they employed Chechnyan radical islamist militas to invade Ukraine much like Azerbaijan hired terrorist affiliated fighters from Syria to murder Armenians earlier t

3 hours ago, nasa said:

@ZIVERT where we hiding sis :dancehall3:

I'm flying to NYC on the 23rd, hope I have a home to fly back to after my vacation that is if I don't catch covid again after visiting the petri-dish of germs and disease that is the state of New York :dancehall3:

Edited by ZIVERT

It would coincide with the 42nd anniversary of the Soviet Union’s ill-fated invasion of Afghanistan.

Of course it would :coffee2: :ace: 

9 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

Could this invasion actually start WW3? 

It WILL :rip:

What is Russia even trying to achieve? Assume they annex Ukraine then what? Russia will get a bit bigger area wise but it will still remain a backwater third world country with extremely poor infrastructure and a poor population that is gonna get sanctioned to hell and back even more :dies:

lmao it's just a dick-measuring contest.

let russia invade ukraine and then every western country can simply impose sanctions on russia so heavily that it destroys every bit of their economy and country. the people of russia are already sick of putin and his regime so all they'll need is a push and some support from the west to go full on revolution. 

1 hour ago, Bang Up said:

lmao it's just a dick-measuring contest.

let russia invade ukraine and then every western country can simply impose sanctions on russia so heavily that it destroys every bit of their economy and country. the people of russia are already sick of putin and his regime so all they'll need is a push and some support from the west to go full on revolution. 

they can't cause Germans are anti nuclear energy and would freeze to death without Russian gas :rip:

On 11/30/2021 at 9:50 AM, Flomik said:

i'm Ukrainian and we get threats like this 2-3 times a year and nothing happens afterwards sooo

but i also live like 200km away from Donbas which is really not far so if Russia actually attacks us we are doomed

Stream 200km/h in the wrong lane album by t.A.T.u. bestie 

a444.thumb.jpg.d31ac51c6eae50b37174e2944 

The response to Russia will influence how China act towards Taiwan and future status quo of world affairs. I’m just terrified this will turn into a world war. I hope for all citizens sake it doesn’t.

Edited by Robert

5 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

they can't cause Germans are anti nuclear energy and would freeze to death without Russian gas :rip:

Germans are just..... Nuclear energy is much better than russian gas

So.... did Russia attack Ukraine today as the title suggests?

38 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

So.... did Russia attack Ukraine today as the title suggests?

no

maybe they meant Orthodox Christmas which is January 7 (russians and ukrainians are also mainly orthodox christians)

Edited by Flomik