Daily Discussion - Nov 29 - Dec 11 | Talk About Anything

Ryan BTE

ATRL Question of the Day #1: Who is one artist you’ll never see it for despite what anyone else says? 

Ava Max. I love her to death and I’m a huge fan, but I just don’t see any big things happening with her. Now I could be wrong and if I am, I’ll admit that. 

ATRL Question of the Day #2: Do you believe femininity and sexuality are linked? For instance, it’s a running joke that Shawn Mendes is a 🇬🇧 🚬 in part because of his feminine ways. Is it unfair to do that to guys like Mendes?

Correlation doesn’t always mean causation and people seem to think that. By that logic, masculine gay men shouldn’t be gay because they fall under the natural umbrella of masculinity. There are women in the world who fall into a more “masculine” category and remain heterosexual, so the same could be same about feminine men. I believe a lot of men have feminine traits but society teaches men to suppress that inherent side. I think your personality is influenced by the people you hang around; you kind of adopt bits and pieces of the people you’re around and go from there. Also, people tend to be more expressive/comfortable around people they trust. Also, the discourse of “feminine” and “masculine” have changed so many times throughout the years. At one point, men wore high heels and it wasn’t considered feminine.  However…I will say that there are times when you can blatantly tell a gay guy from a straight guy. As said above, correlation does not always mean causation but there are examples of this being true.

Edited by psychodj

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sempiternal

• Bacardo Royale

• CBC

• Totami Legend

4 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Not really, as is evident in the fact that social changes through the decades and centuries have altered perceptions of what is considered “masculine.”

Pink was considered a masculine color (because it was vibrant) and blue was considered a feminine color (because it was calm and associated with the Virgin Mary), until American department stores switched the colors to sell more product and Hitler labelled queer people with pink triangles. Now pink is “feminine” and “gay.”

Several centuries ago, it was fashionable for upper class men to wear jewelry, furs, fashionable clothes made with expensive dyes, and high heels as signs of their status. All of these things were “masculine” then and are generally considered “feminine” now. There was also a time when men wore corsets, which are now seen almost as an exclusively “feminine” fashion trend. 

Cheerleading used to be a men’s sport, and multiple American presidents played it. Not until the men all went off to fight in the World Wars did women begin cheerleading (filling the employment gap in the field), and it gradually became a more “feminine” sport. 

Social perceptions of what is “masculine” or “feminine” change with time, meaning there can be no inherent link with sexual orientation. (Of course, social concepts of sexual identity are fairly “new” as well, but that’s a different post entirely).

!!!

54 minutes ago, psychodj said:

ATRL Question of the Day #1: Who is one artist you’ll never see it for despite what anyone else says? 

Ava Max. I love her to death and I’m a huge fan, but I just don’t see any big things happening with her. Now I could be wrong and if I am, I’ll admit that. 

ATRL Question of the Day #2: Do you believe femininity and sexuality are linked? For instance, it’s a running joke that Shawn Mendes is a 🇬🇧 🚬 in part because of his feminine ways. Is it unfair to do that to guys like Mendes?

Correlation doesn’t always mean causation and people seem to think that. By that logic, masculine gay men shouldn’t be gay because they fall under the natural umbrella of masculinity. There are women in the world who fall into a more “masculine” category and remain heterosexual, so the same could be same about feminine men. I believe a lot of men have feminine traits but society teaches men to suppress that inherent side. I think your personality is influenced by the people you hang around; you kind of adopt bits and pieces of the people you’re around and go from there. Also, people tend to be more expressive/comfortable around people they trust. Also, the discourse of “feminine” and “masculine” have changed so many times throughout the years. At one point, men wore high heels and it wasn’t considered feminine.  However…I will say that there are times when you can blatantly tell a gay guy from a straight guy. As said above, correlation does not always mean causation but there are examples of this being true.

Sis, why is this in white text? :skull:

This is one of my favorite scenes! I wish I could still find the full thing :jonnycat:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Limitless said:

This is one of my favorite scenes! I wish I could still find the full thing :jonnycat:

Hide contents

Yes, I love Damien Crosse :jonny5:

1 minute ago, Daydream said:

Yes, I love Damien Crosse :jonny5:

TasTe!!! He’s one of my favorites :WAP:

Spoiler

The way he takes dick like NO OTHER and he’s so enthusiastic about it too and the way he rolls his eyes to the back of his head and moans and jerks his c0ck makes me so hard. I’m dripping right now 

Spoiler
Spoiler

:jonny5:

58 minutes ago, Daydream said:
  Hide contents

@Mr. Blue_Shirt your brand. We love Elian. :heart:

This was hot, but sis 

Spoiler

Where was the cumshot?! I was almost THERE :jonny:

Oop nvm I found part 6 & 7 brb :gaycat1:

Edited by Limitless

9 hours ago, Ryan BTE said:

ATRL Question of the Day #1: Who is one artist you’ll never see it for despite what anyone else says?

Lil Nas X. I don’t see him lasting till 2030 cause he will run out of controversy eventually and I don’t see him being like Gaga where could make a image change and survive

2 hours ago, Limitless said:

Sis, why is this in white text? :skull:

Girl idk it looks fine on mobile :deadbanana4:

I fixed it boo. :ihype:

Edited by psychodj

47 minutes ago, Daydream said:

do yall find it weird watching pr0n where you know the pr0nst4r has died?

Ummm yes :deadbanana2: I think I saw one video a while ago and it was hot but one of the comments was talking about how the guy went to jail for HUMAN TRAFFICKING and I just wasn't that into him anymore :deadbanana4:

Gasping at the stuff posted here, the seal has been broken:ahh: 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hot :thing:

ATRL Question of the Day #1: Who is one artist you’ll never see it for despite what anyone else says? 

Tinashe - although it's rude cause she already has made it, she just won't ever make it to MPG level with big arena tours etc. I think it's because of the genre confusion surrounding her.

ATRL Question of the Day #2: Do you believe femininity and sexuality are linked? For instance, it’s a running joke that Shawn Mendes is a 🇬🇧 🚬 in part because of his feminine ways. Is it unfair to do that to guys like Mendes?

I don't really think they're linked - but at the same time there's a remarkable link between gays and more feminine traits. Then I think of myself as a kid and how I loved more girly toys then other boys and this is well before puberty and any sort of sexual interest - so honestly there may well be a link.

3 hours ago, Daydream said:

do yall find it weird watching pr0n where you know the pr0nst4r has died?

YES. I cannot get into at all because I just feel bad :skull:

Question 1: Olivia Rodrigo. She has made it, but nothing about her is sustainable. She is simply a carbon copy of artists already round with a Gen Z ~flare~ to unsuccessfully attempt to spice things up. All the credits she is handing out is blatant proof of this.

Question2: Correlation is not necessarily causation. As a kid, I showed very feminine traits before truly realizing I was gay. I often walked around in my grandmother's heels, doing dance choreography to songs, and more. Not at all do I think it caused me being gay, but if said traits are shown extremely early on, it could help newer and upcoming parents understand more about their kids if they do come out as LGBT+.

Edited by LustSpell

• ATRL Moderator

ATRL Question of the Day #1: Who is one artist you’ll never see it for despite what anyone else says?

Sorry but Tove Lo.  I love me all the extra scandinavian pop girls but she's always been musically stale to me.

ATRL Question of the Day #2: Do you believe femininity and sexuality are linked? For instance, it’s a running joke that Shawn Mendes is a 🇬🇧 🚬 in part because of his feminine ways. Is it unfair to do that to guys like Mendes?

Feminine and gay are inextricably linked but not everything we see as "gay" necessarily reads as feminine.  We don't think Shawn is gay cuz he has feminine mannerisms (though, he does), but we think he's gay because he has gay mannerisms.  

ATRL Question of the Day #1

Honestly… Taylor. I can enjoy her music at times but she is insanely overhyped.

16 hours ago, Ryan BTE said:

Do you believe femininity and sexuality are linked? For instance, it’s a running joke that Shawn Mendes is a 🇬🇧 🚬 in part because of his feminine ways. Is it unfair to do that to guys like Mendes?

I think it's unfair to queer people and to those straight guys who want to explore expressing themselves and their emotions outside of what's considered conventionally masculine, because that's sort the kind of liberation we want for ourselves and everyone. That we're able to freely be ourselves without any judgement or prejudices.

I think what happens is that we already have an idea or archetype of what gay men generally are like so when you have these declared straight guys start embracing feminine/queer attitudes it sort frustrates gay men because it makes our gaydars less effective. :toofunny2: And it's not just the feminine stereotype, even guys who are masculine but start dressing very stylish and groomed or they're veeeery touchy-feely and start off giving that vibe, but then it turns out they're straight. It can be annoying! 

Masculine gay men exist (me) so why can't straight feminine men like Shawn Mendes also exist?

hYaVm0t.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Remember how everybody clowned Justin Timberlake because he was super duper fem in early 2000s?

hYaVm0t.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Shawn is gay but he will come out with time.

I will never see it for Taylor Swift. Only song I ever enjoyed by her is her rendition of Last Christmas. 

5 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Masculine gay men exist (me) so why can't straight feminine men like Shawn Mendes also exist?

hYaVm0t.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Remember how everybody clowned Justin Timberlake because he was super duper fem in early 2000s?

hYaVm0t.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Its more than that. Shawn sets off my gaydar. People like Harry Styles doesn't. 

23 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Pink was considered a masculine color (because it was vibrant)

I thought you were referring to P!nk and the line made sense but didn't at the same time and I was so confused :skull: 

So we can literally post pr0n now, huh

Well anyways here's my ideal man

Spoiler

37OMO8dDQdLB5ji2KigBGsDQWaiTRnFCjfmQ871W