ATRL Reviews: The Weeknd - "Dawn FM"

ATRL Critic

1 hour ago, Juanny said:

I'm the biggest Swifties on the team, and without my 8.8 this review would be in the 6s...

Proving their point, eh? :rip: 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johnny

• Brando

• Sazare

• Tropical

2/10

Nothing new from her sadly.

• ATRL Moderator
45 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

Proving their point, eh? :rip: 

What are you even saying? Do you have an actual point to quote me with? Speak up

1 hour ago, Coklek92 said:

Can the basement that they run A*RL out of just collapse already. :eli:

It collapsed years ago - have you seen the servers? :skull:

3/10

• Very boring but I made it till the end
  • I gave 3 marks
  • She tried with these few uptempo songs, and proved that she doesn't have the range for them
  • Overall no artistic growth and same ol' for the most part

• ATRL Administrator
4 hours ago, Assassin said:

we know ATRL admins are swifties.

I actually loved the 30 album. But I tried to convey the cumulative feeling of those who participated in the review in the writeup. I scored the album highly along with Juanny. 

10/10 The lyrics are so sentimental and its clear she experimented more while serving ballads which she can do no wrong in

5/10

This is a similar album to Solar Power quality wise in my opinion. Half the songs are good to outstanding, and the other half is underwhelming and undercooked. 

Underwhelming/bad:

Strangers by nature, My Little Love, Cry Your heart out, Oh My God, Can I Get It, Woman like Me.

Good:

I Drink Wine, Easy On Me, Hold On.

Outstanding: 

All Night Parking, To Be Love, Love Is A Game

Edited by Cleanromantic

it's an 8.2/10 for me. 

Strangers By Nature, My little Love, to be loved & others in this album are career highlights tbh.

To me, the "worst" song in the album is EOM. It's a great song and I loved it when it came out a lil over ago but the rest of the album is so strong that EOM just fades.:fan:

The clear disconnect this forum and the critics is... something i will say. I get you may not like it musically for whatever reason but lyrically and theme-wise it is truly a stellar album in how raw and honest she is. Many of you applaud other artists for less but the hatred you have for this one woman seems to have clouded some judgement.

I have already posted my review and while some things have changed (i appreciate the album a lot more since my initial listen) i still think its a stellar album. My only complaint is that some songs like LIAG and Hold On (and to a bit of an extent, MLL) are a bit too long and would make more sense at least a minute shorter and with less open space. 

Top 3 as of now are:

• To Be Loved
  • Woman Like Me
  • OMG

+ It manages to evolve the "Adele sound" and experiment a little bit without sounding try-hard

+ Pristine production

+ Voice notes help bring the whole thing together and give it a cohesive feel

- Easy on Me feels out of place and is pretty mediocre

18 hours ago, ATRL Critic said:

If you came into Adele's 4th studio album hoping for the soul destroying songs of the past like the anthemic ‘Hello’ or ‘Set Fire to the Rain’, you will be disappointed

Whitney Houston GIF

Unfortunately that's accurate af 

8.5/10

I personally love the pop songs. I know that's not what Adele is "known for" but I love them. The 6+ min songs don't really have replay value to me (except TBL)

Top 4: Can I Get It, Easy On Me, Oh My God, To Be Loved

Bottom 3: Hold On, Strangers by Nature, Love is a Game

On 11/22/2021 at 11:20 PM, Assassin said:

we know ATRL admins are swifties.

yeah of course, that's why I get PWs every couple of days for saying absolutely nothing :toofunny2:

While I appreciate that she tried something new and didn’t go for those grand chorus’s and arena ready síng along songs…it just was missing who Adele is for me. (Obviously she is her own human and is proud of her work so my opinion ain’t **** at end of day :lmao:

the laid backness of the album really stops it from being something grand, take Can I Get It for example. The verses are amazing and on first listen I thought “here we go, this is gonna be a bop and have her signature grand chorus” but alas the song nose dived  right when it got to that boring ass chorus. 

id give it a 4/10 at the moment but I’m sure it’ll grow on me eventually. 

I adore My Little Love tho. While I’ll probably never listen to it on the regular it is such a sweet song and shows how much she loves her son 

also all these long ass songs left me bored and ready for the next one after a bit, but I guess beggars can’t be choosers cause the days of short ass under 3 minute songs are upon us and I complain about that too :deadbanana2: