HDD: Adele 833k (biggest debut of the year), Taylor 165k

Starkboy

14 minutes ago, RobynFKA said:

The fat activists left her. They will come around if she goes back to being obese. Hopefully her health comes first. :mandown: Congrats Adele and her Adelators.:clap3:

On a serious note, Adele is doing great, better than great even, it's just that Taylor is stomping on everyone. We grew up with Taylor, our loyalty is unprecedented. :heart:

Is the first paragraph necessary? :biblio: If only loyalty translates to some decency. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brando

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• wastedpotential

1 minute ago, Starkboy said:

the swifties anger and obsession is very concerning. they make you think Adele has just come for their fave. like wtf? it reminds me of their hatred against Katy, but that was somehow understandable. Now they just don't like the fact another popstar is selling.

this. their insecurities are really showing :fan: 

It comes as no surprise as her last album was released 6 years ago.

Probably would have done better If she had made more contact with her fans instead of swanning around with male rappers and sports agents. :coffee:

15 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Adele stans been trying it with The Music Industry the whole week and this is what they get? Y'all...

:ahh: 

:ahh: 

I mean it's the biggest debut of the year... what's there to drag? Everybody knew 25's first week sales were an anomaly and she was never going to get close to that again, especially with the decline in the industry overall.

Albums just don't sell anymore and the change in the industry was always going to catch up with her and her team's relatively outdated model. She's still one of the biggest musicians on the planet. The fact that even a huge decline for her still leaves her on top says it all. :rip:

This is honestly probably about as good as anyone can do anymore. Her focus going forwards needs to be on building a bigger platform on streaming but I honestly don't think she cares enough to do it. :rip: 

19 minutes ago, wish said:

It’s giving OVERSHIPPED

giphy.gif

stop :deadbanana2:

Ouch. Wasn't the label predicting 1.75m? Serving they shipped it but it got shipped back

Those are great numbers in this climate. :clap3: But yeah it doesn’t look like anyone’s going to pull 1m+ debuts anymore.  :noparty:

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Chemical X. said:

Views is officially the last album to do a million first week.

+

Congratulations, Swifties.

reputation debuted with 1,238,000 units (1,216,000 pure sales) in 2017

5 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

I mean she’s doing these numbers without bundles, and under the new rules. 

Taylor hit 846k and benefited from bundles, and without them debited with like 350k. 

She’s obviously improved with Red, but it’s hard to say how much nostalgia is actually benefitting Red and whether new music would perform the same. 

Evermore had no physicals (which artists rely on alot looking at Adeles and Taylor’s huge physical sales) vinyls, cds , and still did almost 400k she would’ve locked 600-700k, not even far from Adele who used to sell almost 3mil. They are extremely close, they both are huge atm

Less than 1M???

wtf :deadbanana4:

the fourth cursed album is real :rip:

2 minutes ago, umich said:

I already know Katy is a flop and won’t amount to her peak days anymore but it is ironic that someone is pointing out a sharp decline when their fave experienced one just as sharp 10+ years ago :deadbanana4:

What's ironic (and predictable) is you pointing out the one Gaga avi to go off-topic with despite pages of users who stan artists in worst career positions saying the same about Adele. :rip:

Great numbers!

Wow, I did not know that Folklore was the catalyst for Billboard to change their stance on cheap chart manipulation tactics! Interesting.

3 minutes ago, Brando said:

I'm almost convinced the positive reviews were paid for. Like how do you give an album that has dead-eyed, soulless songs like I Drink Wine, Hold On, and Love is Game each of which just drags and drags absolutely nowhere for nearly 7 minutes.... and then also has absolutely cringe uptempo attempts like Cry Your Heart Out and Can I Get It a positive review like 90 or even 100. This album is a 6/10 at the absolute max

If your question is genuine, the answer is that people simply disagree

2 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

the swifties anger and obsession is very concerning. they make you think Adele has just come for their fave. like wtf? it reminds me of their hatred against Katy, but that was somehow understandable. Now they just don't like the fact another popstar is selling.

This is all this fandom really is - hatred. especially towards other women in the music industry or actress on a Netflix show that hurt Taylor's fragile ego.

Nothing new or shocking. They can finally move on from Adele and find another victim.

5 minutes ago, Bindi said:

everyone knows that gurl, she was always on her own league. until now.

she's debuting with 1.1M only with UK and USA sales. literally nobody else is doing it.

I guess she's still on her own league, like it or not.

The amount of unsold CDs at retailers.... :jonny2: they'll have to sell eventually right..?

I don't even think 500k pure will hold up through the week and her streaming is plummeting. 

The days of 1M+ are officially dead and gone. Reputation got the last week ever. 

326 members. :deadbanana4: 

Adele is truly a force here on ATRL. :jonnycat:

These numbers are great, the battle was tough, tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

what makes you think surprise releases debut lower than anticipated releases? Bey's biggest debuts were surprise releases.

Folklore wasn't even available at Targets

8 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Taylor will be able to. With 10 versions of the album fueling her fanbase to buy more than one copy. She can’t do it without gimmicks to fuels sales. These numbers for Adele are genuine GP interest.

Red did 600k+ with only one version. So you are telling us Adele can only do 200k more with a brand new album? :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.